December 2017 Moms
Options

Announcements

Re: Announcements

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks, @vvitchhazel!

I did see a cute shirt on here... @CandyApple2012 OK if I steal your idea for my nieces?
    TCC since Feb 2013
    No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
    Type A personality, Type B body
    First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately everyone super close to us already knows because of it taking so long to get KU, they were in a routine of asking.

I told DH with our youngest wearing a big brother shirt, and he wore it to Easter too. Most people didn't notice, so we didn't make a big deal of it. 

Other than the family and my bff we are doing the boys birthday pictures in June and will do a cute announcement with the photographer.  Probably something simple. I saw a collage where the boys were each holding a sign that said first, second, and mom holding third.  Also since we will be doing the genetic testing at 10 weeks, it may be our gender reveal too. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    We did IVF and the only ones who knew we were doing it were my parents and a close cousin. The day I found out my beta results, I called my parents. I called them by their Chinese grandparents name and they are very excited. We haven't told the rest of my family or hub's family yet. MIL is coming the first week of June so after we've told her, we'll tell everyone else. I'll be 13 weeks by then. 

As far as social media - we bought a onesie of my favorite band and will post it along with our dog that says something like "newest fan coming in December 2017... Gizmo is going to be a big brother!"
    Me: 37, Hubs: 41, Furbaby: Gizmo
    11/2011: dx with Stage 1 Thyroid Cancer 03/2012: dx with Endometriosis

March 2017 IVF - Lil Jedi due 12/06/2017

• Options
    I've told a few friends rather unceremoniously. For DH's family we're going to get a December jewel for her grand baby necklace (one of those necklaces that has a birth stone for each month a grandkids was born)

for my my family and Facebook we are having shirts made. Mine and DH's will say "you're killing me smalls," which we say to DS regularly. DS will have a shirt that says smalls and then we're getting a onesie that says "extra smalls"
  • Options
    @afternnoonduck sure thing -- My five year old niece loved being part of the excitement :) 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• Options
  • Options
    msmusicqueenmsmusicqueen member
    edited May 2017
    We are going to tell my family near/around mother's day, but we haven't figured out how we are telling DW's family yet... My family is super sweet- so I'm almost more excited to tell them than I am to tell the inlaws (even though I love them, I promise).  My mom and little sister are coming over for a mother's day meal and I'm going to give my mom a cute kid's book called "how to babysit a grandma."  My sister (who's an artist) is going to get an "Aunt's coloring book."  I'm going to give my dad a book called "grandpa and me" (also a kid's book- I'm a teacher, all about that childhood literacy) and my two brothers are going to get shirts that say, "Keep Calm I'm going to be an uncle."

In terms of everyone else, we're waiting until the 2nd trimester, and we're going to send everyone a card that says something along the lines of, "we know what WE'RE EXPECTING for Christmas" with a picture of a cute onesie on a pine tree.

I'm super excited to tell people, and I can't contain myself well BUT at the same time I enjoy keeping a little (aka GINORMOUS) secret.

• Options
    I love the book idea!
  • Options
    @squeen1991I love your Christmas tree idea. We had a Christmas in July wedding so ppl think we're obsessed with Christmas and I totally love that idea!! 
    I've only told a few ppl so far, but for everyone else that's what I want to do!! Thanks for sharing, I hope you don't mind me stealing it! (Or maybe I'll do some stockings!) ahh!' The ideas are flowing in!! 
  • Options
    I wore my BEACH BUMP cover up when we went to the waterpark. It took my family a little while to catch on, but it was kind of fun watching the realization finally hit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's cute!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    @AMCsquared that book is amazing!! 
  • Options
    Thanks!! I took him to the park that is located next to our very 1st apartment and also where we had taken our engagement photos and I gave it to him there. His reaction was my favorite thing ever. That's been the best day of this pregnancy so far.
  • Options
    bkrahnbkrahn member
    @stillclever17 I know how you feel! *TW** we found out I was expecting two days after my SIL miscarried at 15 weeks. We were under the impression that DH could'nt have children, so it was definitely a big surprise for us! It was SO hard finding the right moment to tell them the news.. DH ended up telling them over a text message a few days ago because we thought that that would be easier for them, and we haven't heard back from them :( It just feels like really unfortunate timing.. *end TW** 
  • Options
    @bkrahn I'm sure you told them with all the kindness you could.  Some things are just super hard when you've had a loss.  Speaking from personal experience, I really appreciated my cousin letting me know by text before she announced to the rest of the family.  It meant I didn't feel on the spot when it was announced/celebrated the next day (our loss was about a month prior, she announced on Thanksgiving).  I would maybe follow up with a "thinking of you" message in the next couple of days.  

• Options
    NME44NME44 member
    @bkrahn, after my loss there would have been literally no way you could have told me that wouldn't have devastated me, through no fault of your own. The kindest thing you did was to tell them via text so they wouldn't have to react to you until they were ready. Give them time  <3
  • Options
    We are telling both of our families on Mother's Day, we had DS's picture taken in a big brother shirt and I am having prints made and that is what our mom's will open up! We have been getting a lot of questions about if we are pregnant or not so I am really hoping everyone is excited! 
  • Options
    Aw!
  • Options
    We haven't told anyone yet, and have been planning on waiting until week 12, which would be Memorial Day weekend.  I'm a little anxious to wait that long, and am excited to share the news!  With Mother's Day this weekend, I would love to share with our parents.  However, we had a miscarriage in December, and we're both hesitant to get everyone excited. 
  • Options
    KirssKirss member
    Last night I had my first appointment, brought an U/S home and we told DD. So I'm guessing everyone knows by now. :wink: However, if she actually isn't telling, we plan on telling immediate family this Sunday.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My H and I go to a lot of baseball games, so I'm toying with the idea of posting a photo of a onesie from the hometown team or trying to tie in Christmas somehow - something about putting in our order for our Christmas present. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 that's cute!
  • Options
    Can I just selfishly vent for a moment here lol. I'm annoyed that my husband's extended family will ALL know within hours of announcing whereas mine won't know until I tell each individual. I have to just be cool with it but I'm annoyed anyway lol
  • Options
    @AMCsquared That is not selfish at all, I completely understand. We told my MIL very quickly but we were planning to wait to tell my BIL and SIL. But then stuff happened, and they found out. Bah. Oh well, we don't see them that often anyways.

I'm really struggling with how to tell my grandmas. They will both be great grandmas for only the second time, and I know they'll both be elated, but they both live so far away. I'm in TX, and one is in CT, the other CA. I've gotta figure it out though because we were thinking about doing something for mother's day, and time is running out on me. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @txmomma16 maybe u can send them something in the mail so it's more exciting than a phone call. I'm thinking of mailing my grandma's cards and an US pic. For my grandma who already has great grandkids on the other side I'm going to put something like the best grandmas make the best great grandmas. And for my grandma who will be a 1st time I'll write something like you? Really? No way! You're too young! And then on the inside put Get used to hearing that. You're about to be great grandparents.
  • Options
    I found out I was pregnant when DH was out of town. This is our first. I went to visit him and gave him a gift bag​ with my BFPs (I used more than one to be sure) and the book Dude You're Going to be a Dad. He was surprised and thrilled. Watching his face was priceless. We plan to announce to family around 12-13 weeks. This will be my parents first grandchild, so I got them mugs that say "Only the best moms get promoted to grandma," and "Only the best dads get promoted to grandpa. My in laws have a grandbaby, so I'm not entirely sure how we will tell them yet. 
  • Options
     The first people to know was a series of doctors and nurses for a non -pregnancy related issue. 

I told my stepmom before my first appointment bc I wanted her to come with me (DH couldn't get off work). Then my mom guessed when I asked her about twins running in the family. My DH told his mom, and all his siblings about a week later, and I told my siblings a few days after that. 

Had to tell my boss(es) early (8wks?) bc I was supposed to travel to India for work this summer, and we have to start planning/ transitioning some of my projects to other people while I'm on leave. I'm announcing to my immediate coworkers at our team meeting next week bc I almost can't hide the bump anymore and have been forgetting stuff pretty frequently.

A couple of our close friends knew pretty early too.

I'm printing out actual card announcements to send our grandparents within the next week or so, and then we'll do a Facebook announcement around the 13 wk mark.

I'm just ready to spill the beans! :-D
  • Options
    did any who already told their parents record a video of the moment? i am curious. i love to watch those moments online of strangers lol!! i'm thinking of recording mine but i'm not sure.
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited May 2017
    @AMCsquared omg you're not alone! I've watched so many surprise pregnancy announcement YouTube videos!! This might be cheesy but I love the videos where they gather the family for a photo but it's actually a video, and they say "Everyone say Cheese!  Okay let's do another one... Everyone say Carly's having a baby!!!"

That's what I'm planning to do to tell my brother, SIL, and all my nieces and nephews!  Then I'll pull out the ultrasound really quick so they know it's for real!

When we tell H's fam, I'm going to have them unwrap something with his brother and sister there watching (still deciding what to wrap  :#) but I do want to figure out a way to surreptitiously film it!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska I love it!
    Haha glad I'm not the only one watching strangers videos loll. For yearsss. And I cry at them LOL

I did manage to somewhat record telling my husband 
  • Options
    LMAO! @AMCsquared @whiska I thought I was the only one who watched those videos!! Glad to know I'm not alone!!
  • Options
    Any new announcements from this weekend? I love reading them and wish there were more!
  • Options
    We ended up telling four people this weekend! We told my mom on Friday night. Once we got in the door and settled, I handed her a card (just a regular Mother's Day card) and a box and said, "Happy Mother's Day." DH sneakily recorded it, and I love rewatching it! When she opened the box, which had tiny newborn shoes with anchors and an anchor pacifier, she screamed, "OH MY GOD!" and then just kept saying it over and over hahaha. She cried. She hugged me. She asked a bunch of questions. She is thrilled.

Saturday we went to see my brother and brought the box along. My mom said, "You should see what Mattie and Michael got me." He complained about having to open it hahaha, but when he finally did, he said, "Whaaaaaaaaaaat???" with a huge smile on his face and then hugged me. Again, recorded by DH.

Later on Saturday my sister and her husband came over. I did the same thing, gave her my mom's gift and said she should see what I got my mom. When she opened it she was speechless and just had her mouth open in shock looking around at all of us. Her husband goes, "I bet I know what it is," and then she showed him and he was like, "That's what I thought!" Also on video.

My other brother didn't come for the weekend so we still have to figure out a time to tell him. We won't be able to tell my in-laws until the first weekend of June.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my first, I was so excited to craft the perfect announcement for my friends and family. I haven't done anything yet with this one and I feel kind of bad.