September 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday 4/12

13»

Re: WTF Wednesday 4/12

• Loading the player...
  • @mrs_tacos I keep meaning to comment on this.. but wtf? Why would your H's aunt say that to you? And how condescending. I'm really glad you didn't let a ridiculous comment like that get to you, it's really awesome and amazing that you're writing a novel! I feel like I'm going to need to read it when its published!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• @mrs_tacos

@labby18 my grandparent problems are a mere annoyance compared to yours. 

• @DPandMB true true...honestly tho, knowing my mother, this behavior is actually just her true colors and I don't know why I expected more from her. My aunt (dad's sister) even joked when I told her about the pregnancy "so how are you holding up with your mom?" ...essentially I shouldn't be surprised, when will I learn? 
  • @labby18 I hate that you just have to learn to expect it. You always hope someone can pull themselves together and do better for their kids, even their grown kids.

• @mrs_tacos hence my "i hate people" mantra as of lately.

• @labby18 I am finding out so much about my mother lately, I am right there with you. Apparently I blocked out a lot of bad stuff from my childhood. My sister is in therapy now.. lol... I'm not even surprised. After some of the stuff she's told me I'm surprised I don't need therapy too. 
  • @wyomama0427
    after I had my blow out with my parents, I had a long convo with my brother, and there is a lot of stuff that was just ctrl-alt-deleted from my memory too. 
  • How do we even trust our parents to watch our kids then? I'm right that way with my mom.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @wyomama0427  @labby18  @Sugargirl1019  I can't even imagine how hard it is to discover your parents are different than you thought they were. And isn't it so crazy how our minds will just forget things to protect us?
    DH has had similar issues with his mom, except he will actually remember how something happened and she liked to change history and pretend it happened differently. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hollygolightly09 This is my Mom. I remember things and she prefers to live in her alternate reality, then trys to make me look like the crazy one for having the story wrong. 

We haven't really spoken all that often in years, I wasn't even invited to her wedding last year. Suddenly she is interested in my life now that I am pregnant, so we shall see how that plays out. 
  • @labby18 @wyomama0427 @Sugargirl1019 Are you guys the younger siblings? My younger brother and I have discovered that there's a lot of stuff I remember that he doesn't, either because I was older and more aware, or because I tried to shield him from it. It was really weird for him to have conversations with me where there are huge amounts of things he just had no idea were going on. It made his childhood happier, but I think it's been a bit of a mind fuck as an adult.

• @mrs_tacos  yep i am the baby.

@towntowns my mom does that too. It's so annoying. 
  • mrs_tacos said:
    @labby18 @wyomama0427 @Sugargirl1019 Are you guys the younger siblings? My younger brother and I have discovered that there's a lot of stuff I remember that he doesn't, either because I was older and more aware, or because I tried to shield him from it. It was really weird for him to have conversations with me where there are huge amounts of things he just had no idea were going on. It made his childhood happier, but I think it's been a bit of a mind fuck as an adult.
    Exactly this. So much. There's so much my sister has told me in the last year about my mom. It almost feels like my childhood was a lie.. just everything was so fucked up. 
  • awildrose said:
    DPandMB said:
    Y'all, my MIL just sent me this text. WTF

"You're pregnant?! Congratulations" 

This is PERFECT. Lol