September 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday 4/12

Got a WTF moment? Let it out.

Re: WTF Wednesday 4/12

• I've gotta say WTF to gout. Seriously. The night before going to the recruiters office to sign paperwork.. DH is diagnosed with gout. Which DQs him. He doesn't want to lie, we had a heart to heart on the way home and he says he couldn't live with himself if he lied and "cheated" to get in. Also, he's had eye surgery, he had a cyst under one of his nipples, his shoulder dislocates... there's a whole host of medical questionables. He said if he lied he'd never be able to talk to DS about honesty and lying and cheating and stuff. He's upset. He left early this morning to go hunting. So WTF. 

Also WTF KIWI HOW DO YOU WORK?! The package says "cut and scoop" but I tried scooping and that was a giant clusterf*ck. WTF I JUST WANT TO EAT A KIWI.
  • Loading the player...
  • @wyomama0427  I know that has to be so tough for him, but I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. So maybe this just isn't the time for your family to have a big change like that. Good on your DH for relying on his moral compass. It's a really great quality to have and to pass on to your LO's. 

My WTF is all day yesterday my wedding band was MIA. I never take it off. Never. So this was really weird. I was hunting for this thing everywhere and getting really depressed. I thought maybe it slipped off when I gave DD a bath the night before since it's pretty loose. Fast forward to DD's bedtime and I grab her pillow and stuffed animal off my bed and there's my friggin' band chilling underneath my pillow. I guess it fell off somehow in the middle of the night. Now I'm crazy paranoid and won't even consider wearing my engagement ring until my fingers fatten up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427 I'm so sorry for your DH. It shows great character that he doesn't want to get in dishonestly, and I hope he comes back from hunting with a better perspective on things. I know my DH goes fishing when he's stressed or disappointed about something. I know it's trite, but everything happens for a reason. Just wait until you're five years down the road, and loving life and can't imagine it any other way. 
    Also, I just peel my kiwi and slice it into circles. DH eats the furry stuff!! *gag*

@labby18 Just ugh. People.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wyomama0427  That definitely sucks. I'm sorry... gout is bad enough, but it's even worse that it's messing up something he really wanted to do. 

@labby18  I know we say this all the time, but why does growing a baby make our lives open to everyone else's discussion/opinions? Ugh...

@cmar1006  So glad you found your ring! I would definitely be worried to wear them now too :confused:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • follow up ladies!! she was in the RR and i was waiting so i can take my HDBD, and when she came out she was all like "are you okay? is everything alright?" i replied with "um yes. i just don't like talking about my pregnancy unsolicited." and she just looked at me shocked and said "oh. i'm sorry." 
  • labby18 said:
    follow up ladies!! she was in the RR and i was waiting so i can take my HDBD, and when she came out she was all like "are you okay? is everything alright?" i replied with "um yes. i just don't like talking about my pregnancy unsolicited." and she just looked at me shocked and said "oh. i'm sorry." 
    :hushed: how very weird of you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to my usually wonderful and amazing DH last night, and dragging his feet on feeding our hangry toddler while we had family over to visit.  It was 6:30pm, past DS' dinner time, and DH wanted to feed himself first.  I said I would do it, since DH was so hungry, but he refused to let me.  And still wanted to feed himself first.  I finally told him to get his ass on the porch and feed our child, and that DS not having a meltdown was more important than DH's growling stomach if he wouldn't let me feed him.  I never swear at DH, but I was just at the end of my rope last night, and he was.not.helping.

The driver who was afraid to pass an 18 wheeler (who was not driving dangerously or over the line), and caused a half mile of traffic this morning on the highway, also gets a WTF.  Don't make the rest of us suffer bc you are afraid to pass a big truck.  
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ColoradoHiker I hate when people do that! It's like okay if you're scared, pull over and let everyone else pass you... stop creating traffic b/c you don't know how to drive! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF today: I had an appointment on Monday and had to see the nurse practitioner because my OB is out of town. I was told that next time I'm supposed to see the OB, so I scheduled my A/S and next appointment and told DH to ask for the day off. I was going to put the appointment in my calendar for work, and I noticed on the appointment card that they made the appointment with the NP again. I actually liked the NP a lot, but I was specifically told to see the OB next time. Hoping that changing the appointment doesn't mean changing the A/S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @wyomama0427 That is so sad about your husband. :( That is terrible. All the hugs to you! 
  • @labby18  I know right. It's was such a struggle going down the meat aisle until a couple weeks ago, but I could be in the cereal aisle all day.
  • @labby18 Your coworker sounds extremely insensitive. I hope your comment at l day made her reflect on how the way she is acting could be perceived as hurtful. And obviously no one would want their child referred to as a specific gender before even knowing. 
  • @swazzle

I don't hate Jude Law as Dumbledore, but I don't know if I like it. I will make this decision final when of course the film comes out, and as trailers are released.
  • @Swazzle  Jude Law? No,  say it ain't so! 
  • @mrs_tacos @Ae_Lovely321 @labby18 I might be biased because he's just really not my favorite. DH really wanted to watch his show The Young Pope and I could barely get past the first episode. I think his face bothers me. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @wyomama0427 So sorry about your H's issues. Also, frustrated with the way people talk to pregnant women. Seriously, why are people so interested in your baby's genitals? It's none of their business. Personally, I hope we all have healthy, happy babies at the end of this. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mrs_tacos That's ridiculous! Honestly, I occasionally write novel-length fiction for fun when I have time. No one has ever suggested that I stop. And, no one asks if I'm going to quit my job. And they shouldn't. If they didn't make the baby with you and they don't share finances with you, they don't get to have an opinion on how you raise the kid or pay your bills. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mrs_tacos I got my master's in publishing. Made me decide that I'd rather go to law school than actually try to get published. But, that's because I write for fun and I don't want it to be work. It's one of my big stress/anxiety relievers. And I'm afraid of losing that if it becomes work.  If you have the discipline to treat your writing like a job and pursue it as a career, that should be respected and taken seriously. And it seems like you have the talent to succeed, so she should just STFU. I second the sentiment that people suck. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mrs_tacos people will try to delegitimize your choices as a mom no matter what you choose. I almost think it's worse when they act incredulous with your choices rather than just passive aggressive. I have asked someone before if they were quitting when the baby comes because she had expressed the desire to be a SAHM but it ends up financially they can't swing it and she's really upset about it. I never saw myself being a SAHM but here I am and I still get questions about when I'll get a "real" job. People suck, hugs. 
  • @mrs_tacos someone actually said that to you?! I would have fired him too. That reminds me of the jerk from AT&T with @labby18. What ever happened with that guy?

• DPandMB said:
    @mrs_tacos someone actually said that to you?! I would have fired him too. That reminds me of the jerk from AT&T with @labby18. What ever happened with that guy?
    Oh yes, he said that. It shouldn't have shocked me, the whole reason I was annoyed was that when my male peer would ask him to do something, it would get done right away. When I'd ask, he'd drag his feet for days, even if it was an urgent request. He also never acknowledged me as his boss. I think it shocked him to discover that I actually had the power to fire him.  

• So DH had a problem with a parent at a game the other day. DH is a baseball couch for a Christian school varsity team. One of the parents who also happens to be college faculty, crossed the line in trash talking the umps and borderlined harassed one of the tenth-graders who was struggling pitching. It got to the point where an ump commented to DH that he was about to throw the parent out of the game. 
    Since it wasn't the first time this parent had made mocking remarks, and since we are a Christian school that tries to uphold a good testimony, DH sent a respectful email to the athletic director. The AD and the principal promptly kicked out the dad from coming to any more games. Apparently, this wasn't the first time he had been a problem. The dad responded by pulling both of his boys from the team and threatening to pull them out of school. He asked if DH's story could be corroborated by anyone. The kid who was being harassed didn't hear the parent from the stands, and the boy's mom has now changed her story to none of the parent's comments were hurtful in anyway. 
    Now, DH is feeling like he is the bad guy since he doesn't have any hard evidence that any of this happened.

TL;DR: DH tried to correct a problem, and it blew up in his face.

Ugh, so stressed right now. I'm the type of person that absorbs other people's stress and now I'm all nerves. Maybe I should go pull out a coloring book.
    Pregnancy Ticker