1st Trimester

Maternity clothes

StuuuaaartStuuuaaart member
Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
edited April 11 in 1st Trimester
Hello. I'm 10 weeks but since this is my second child Im already needing to wear maternity pants. I'm having such a hard time finding work maternity pants. We have a destination maternity near me but they barely had anything in my size. I have checked target and old navy and there's not much out there. Where  are you getting your maternity clothes? 
TIA 

Re: Maternity clothes

• meggymemeggyme member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Most regular retailers have maternity lines, but they tend to only sell them online. Find a store you like (and have a physical location nearby) and order a couple sizes of a style you like to determine what fits best and return the rest to the store. I ended up wearing a lot of maxi skirts or tunics with leggings, especially toward the end when even maternity pants didn't fit comfortably.
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife
    TTGP Nov Siggy: Thanksgiving Food Fails                     BotB Nov Siggy: Post Thanksgiving Feelings

vrj0522
  • H&M, asos, loft would be great for work pants. I've been needing shorts so Macy's had some online. Oh Gap too :) most have way more online.
  •     
  • And same, second kid so the bump is out of control at 11 weeks.
  • I love H&M and I've had some luck at Burlington too. 
  •     
  • sallhysallhy member
    10 Comments
    I don't typically wear pants during pregnancy because I prefer dresses and skirts for easier mobility especially when going to the bathroom. I believe that local stores have maternity pants and other pregnancy clothing to sell.
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    sallhy said:
    I don't typically wear pants during pregnancy because I prefer dresses and skirts for easier mobility especially when going to the bathroom. I believe that local stores have maternity pants and other pregnancy clothing to sell.

This.  I wear dresses almost exclusively to work.  No waistlines - it's just more comfortable.  The only maternity pants I have are 4 pairs of leggings from Old Navy that I wear on weekends, and two pairs of jeans from the Gap that I wore to work on Fridays until about 30 weeks when even that became uncomfortable.  I went with Gap because I get regular jeans there and knew my size and which style I preferred, so it was an easy online order.

Most of my stuff is from Old Navy and Gap, bought online during decent sales.  I also got a few StitchFix boxes during my first pregnancy and one this time just because I was bored of the stuff I already had and I needed to start wearing maternity clothes a lot sooner the second time around.

Me: 35 DH: 35
    Married 5-31-14
    DD1 born 6-21-15
    DD2 born 6-11-17

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50bdde">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  •     
  • rosem111rosem111 member
    Photogenic First Comment
    I found Seraphine to sell some really good stuff, i bought some summer dresses (must have) and some work outfits, i had no idea what i was going to do till a friend recommended this brand. I've been shopping with them since.