1st Trimester

Maternity clothes

StuuuaaartStuuuaaart member
edited April 2017 in 1st Trimester
Hello. I'm 10 weeks but since this is my second child Im already needing to wear maternity pants. I'm having such a hard time finding work maternity pants. We have a destination maternity near me but they barely had anything in my size. I have checked target and old navy and there's not much out there. Where  are you getting your maternity clothes? 
TIA 

Re: Maternity clothes

• Most regular retailers have maternity lines, but they tend to only sell them online. Find a store you like (and have a physical location nearby) and order a couple sizes of a style you like to determine what fits best and return the rest to the store. I ended up wearing a lot of maxi skirts or tunics with leggings, especially toward the end when even maternity pants didn't fit comfortably.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • H&M, asos, loft would be great for work pants. I've been needing shorts so Macy's had some online. Oh Gap too :) most have way more online.
  • Loading the player...
  • And same, second kid so the bump is out of control at 11 weeks.
  • I love H&M and I've had some luck at Burlington too. 
  • I don't typically wear pants during pregnancy because I prefer dresses and skirts for easier mobility especially when going to the bathroom. I believe that local stores have maternity pants and other pregnancy clothing to sell.
  • sallhy said:
    I don't typically wear pants during pregnancy because I prefer dresses and skirts for easier mobility especially when going to the bathroom. I believe that local stores have maternity pants and other pregnancy clothing to sell.

This.  I wear dresses almost exclusively to work.  No waistlines - it's just more comfortable.  The only maternity pants I have are 4 pairs of leggings from Old Navy that I wear on weekends, and two pairs of jeans from the Gap that I wore to work on Fridays until about 30 weeks when even that became uncomfortable.  I went with Gap because I get regular jeans there and knew my size and which style I preferred, so it was an easy online order.

Most of my stuff is from Old Navy and Gap, bought online during decent sales.  I also got a few StitchFix boxes during my first pregnancy and one this time just because I was bored of the stuff I already had and I needed to start wearing maternity clothes a lot sooner the second time around.

• I found Seraphine to sell some really good stuff, i bought some summer dresses (must have) and some work outfits, i had no idea what i was going to do till a friend recommended this brand. I've been shopping with them since.