May 2017 Moms
Options

Induction Questions/Concerns/Anecdotes

2»

Re: Induction Questions/Concerns/Anecdotes

• Options
    @SKZW Mine last time was 5 days after due date, so I was feeling pretty sure that he was ready, but certainly had the "shouldn't we just wait for him" feeling. I imagine that feeling is even stronger since you are going early. Maybe try to tell yourself that the symptoms and issues you have been facing are a sign that it is baby's time to come out and that baby is ready. I hope yours goes very smooth! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SKZW you are definitely not alone! I was feeling guilt and a little sadness for having to evict this baby at 36 weeks (same for my son at 37 weeks). I had to keep reminding myself that it was for the health and safety of my babies. It actually came to a point towards the end of the pregnancy that I was counting down the minutes to the induction because it seemed so unsafe to have her still on the inside. Wishing you the best of luck with your impending induction! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @museic Tagging you here because there's lots of helpful induction knowledge.
  • Options
  • Options
    Did anyone have visitors hang out with them during the induction process? When I'm in pain, I don't like people talking or touching me. So I'm trying to decide at what point should I ask my mom, dad, and sister to come. I was thinking wait until I get checked in and settled. My husband will be with me of course, but I've already warned him not to talk to much or not to keep asking me if I'm okay. 
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @MrsCPALeslie: oooh, I think you just answered your own question! If you foresee that you might get testy & not want anyone talking to you at certain moments (or for certain lengths of time), I'd not have ANYbody visit with you. Besides hubbs of course. Maybe they should wait til baby is born?

I get it, wanting to have company during what might be a boring or long process. That could happen! But maybe just plan to chat over texts/phone calls with them?
  • Options
    @MrsCPALeslie you don't have to invite them at all. You and I sound similar with how we are about pain and stress and when I was induced it was just me and my husband and he even fielded all the calls from family because I was so not in the mood. It worked out to be a pretty good system. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    rkstro2rkstro2 member
    @MrsCPALeslie I'd make it a game time decision!  If your family is coming to town anyway to see baby once born, you may want to wait and see how you feel.  You can also assign husband to try and "read the room" and be ready to stand up for you and kick everyone out when/if it becomes necessary. 
  • Options
    So glad I'm not alone in wanting the induction to be just me and DH. My parents and in laws were all there for my labor with DD and while it wasn't horrible it felt very unnecessary. (Especially since I labored overnight and she wasn't born until lunchtime the next day). I'm planning on it just being me and DH this time until after baby is here and we are settled in the postpartum wing. 

Does anyone have have suggestions for things to pass the time during induction? I'm sure there will come a time where my whole focus will be laboring, but what can I do until then? Is it unrealistic to bring a book or dvds?
  • Options
    @PghMom412 definitely bring something to do! We watched an entire season of Scrubs and 2 movies during my induction with my first. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @PghMom412: We watched a ton of horrible hospital tv during labor with my first and would have loved to have Netflix with us  :)  

And a deck of cards would have helped pass the recovery time during this hospital stay! Rummy can be mindless and I'm thinking pretty easy to pick up & put down between contractions.