May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chat 4-8 & 4-9

2»

Re: Weekend Chat 4-8 & 4-9

• @hp_momma @WombThereItIs thank you for your advice! I know my situation is not unique by any means, and it's hard to keep from feeling resentful when DD is having *another* tantrum and DH is 6000 miles away. The 15 hour time difference is hard on us so we don't FaceTime as much as we should. Maybe we'll try harder for this trip. Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • @BabyMC517 That's awesome! I'm glad you got some great help and are feeling more prepared! I just booked plane tickets for my mom and MIL to come visit in a few weeks, and I'm sure they'll love doing the same kind of stuff. It sure takes a village to get all of this done! :)
  • @bacorrea I REALLY need to do the countdown jar this time for DD1. She's having a rough go understanding when daddy will be back as she doesn't quite grasp how long "two weeks" or "xxx days" is yet. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - I read 'the lady in the choir next to me sounds like death' and thought... "That poor woman! She's probably singing her heart out!"  :p I hope you didn't catch anything! 
  • I work this weekend, so worked Friday night and getting ready to head to work here shortly. I *should* have been sleeping all day but DH was working on putting windows in the nursery which is next door to the master. So instead I was up at 12:30 because of the noise after falling asleep at 8:00. Tonight should be a great night. I'm mostly just irritated that I had the last two weekends off and he chose to not do them then and instead do them on the one weekend I worked. 

imageimage
    Anniversary
  • DH watched the kids and let me take a nap this afternoon after he got home from work. I had such a bad headache going that I got no cleaning done. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime I feel a lot better!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I tried doing a search for this, because I know we've discussed belly binders somewhere, but I wasn't finding this answer. Are postpartum belly binders only for c-sections?
  • @starphish18 my SILs swear they helped them feel normal since you get that "my organs are out of place" feeling.  I had a Csection so the hospital gave me one, they had to buy theirs (we also delivered at different hospitals so that could have something to do with it too).

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @starphish18 definitely not just for c section moms!  I used a belly bandit after I had my son- it just felt like everything was jiggling around in the wrong way after he was born. I'm putting mine in my hospital bag this time around. 
  • MTB16MTB16 member
    @Jens_Hoes poor pup! I hope he's feeling better soon!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @WombThereItIs: Yay, you're home! It only took 4 extra days. Geez. Seriously. You could've taken the pony express faster than that. And that's really sweet your little man loved on you so much.  :)
  • Glad you made it @WombThereItIs! Be careful with the smoke detector. 
    Your poor pup @Jens_Hoes. I'm such a softie about that stuff. 

Who was it that hat had a sore spot this week? I woke up with the very top of my uterus feeling sore. Ugh. Did she punch me all night? 
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @schnitz9: CONGRATS! I'm so happy to hear little Will is breathing on his own and that he's doing well!  :)
  • @schnitz9 congrats!! So happy to hear your little one is doing so well! 
  • So glad you finally made it home @WombThereItIs besides the airport chaos, was your trip successful? Did you find a new place to live/daycare/etc? 
  • Eh now I'm not so sure, @bacorrea I thought I found a place but the more I think about it I think the landlord will be a huge PITA and I was ignoring some red flags in my haste. 

Wont see my husband to talk over our options until tomorrow. I'm leaning towards just picking something sight unseen or having him go back out next week when he is on leave for turkey hunting. 

May '17 labor memes
  • SKZWSKZW member
    To anyone who could use a good hormonal cry this morning!

From BuzzFeed: Shockingly Beautiful Birth Photos

(SUPER EXPLICIT PICS, THOUGH. You've been warned!)
  • I'm sure it's just because I've been dehydrated for like 4 days but everytime my clingy 35 lb toddler demands to be held and carried it feels like my cervix is going to explode. 

Fun STM stuff I guess? 

May '17 labor memes
  • @WombThereItIs welcome home!

@BabyMC517 I feel ya. I'm like that sometimes too. Hope your husband understands.

@schnitz9 yay! Congrats! Will there be pictures?? :) no pressure.
  • Hi @RainyDays86 !! You picked a lovely time to visit with the cherry blossoms in full bloom. The weather seemed mostly nice this weekend too. Hope you enjoyed your stay! Glad you had a nice time with family
  • @WombThereItIs Glad you finally made it home!
    @RainyDays86 Seeing family and a needed "good for the soul" couple of days is important. Just take this week one day at a time.
    Glad you had a nice hospital tour @thistle@BabyMC517
    Sorry about your pup @Jens_Hoes.
    Hope you have a better Monday @BabyMC517.
    To all with showers, hope it was fun!

I'm finally feeling better after the flu, but pregnancy nausea wants to be my friend today. Dreading work tomorrow!
  • @WombThereItIs glad you finally made it home! 

@schnitz9 congratulations!!! Hope baby makes a quick exit from the NICU

I feel like I've been MIA from everything this weekend. I also really need to pack my hospital bag but have no motivation. I have mini toiletries in the target bag from the store in my dresser. That's the closest I've gotten... 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks @RainyDays86 @thistlenweess and @ jayandaplus the day got better. I got stuff done around the apartment (laundry and what not) and caught up on shows. H went to his dad's only class and seemed to like it. Not all complaining  ;) H is pretty understanding just takes a minute haha Which is understandable :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @schnitz9 congratulations on your baby boy!

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• pshaortao said:
    File taxes = CHECK!
    I haven't even started ours. I'm Such a procrastinator!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020