August 2017 Moms
Options

UO 4/6

It's Thursday again, let's see some unpopular opinions.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 4/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @budzynb that was going to be my UO as well! Im getting so annoyed and I feel guilty. With DD I loved every one, but this time it seems more irritating. Idk if the fascination is gone and I just want the baby here, or if its because he tends to be the most active when I lay down to sleep. 

Im so glad you finally felt some movement, not feeling anything for that long would have driven me crazy!
  • Options
    I hate when people say they are expecting. My SIL says it and it's not because she's being proper, because she cusses like a sailor. 
  • Options
    @Nxy why can't they control their feet? If I had a dollar for every time this kid accidentally kicked me, I'd be rich. 
  • Options
    My UO is not loving people who think I can't possibly have an opinion, or my opinion doesn't count because I am a FTM.
    I am not claiming to know everything, I am grateful for advice from people who have been in my shoes before. But being a FTM doesn't mean I know nothing. I do research, I have babysat for over 10yrs-including newborns and I worked with special needs toddlers.
    Yes, having your own that you are responsible for 24/7 is different. But what I have done has helped prepare me, and my opinion-which is just that-not fact-is still something I am allowed to have. Stop telling me I don't know anything or I couldn't possibly have any idea. 
    I mean my sister has a kid, and when I told her and BIL about how nice the 'envelope' shoulders on onesies were to get it off w/o going over their head if there is a blowout they both looked at me like I was crazy!! Argh!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I got so many of those looks, still do. SIL told me her husband thought I was crazy and making it up that babies can't have honey till they're one.  I read and research a lot. I'm not crazy 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Also along the lines of "just wait"; just wait until these little kicks turn into baby playing soccer with your insides.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE feeling the little kicks at this stage, and it def keeps my pgal brain at bay. I got so used to it with DD that even for a while after I had her I used to feel imaginary/ghost kicks. Probably just my insides moving back to their normal spot :)

@Nxy- the kicks into the ribs at the end are awful!
  • Options
    Can't think of a UO today, but I will say on the baby kicking topic, even with my anterior placenta she's picking up strength. It's so funny because she'll kick strongly, and I'll have DH feel my belly, and she won't kick. He'll remove his hand, and she'll start kicking again. Knowing her genetics I feel she's already taking after DH and being intentionally annoying, LOL. But on the other hand, maybe she's just getting our attention and is soothed by the presence of his hand. That's a more of a loving thought I guess! 

Last night she really picked up steam when I was trying to sleep on my side. I was leaning more on my belly (you know what I mean, legs not stacked but the top one more forward) and she got really active, so I thought maybe she was getting smushed! So I tried to position myself more perpendicular to the bed and she calmed down. 

With all the symptoms I have to say I have not enjoyed being pregnant, but feeling the baby kick is one really redeeming quality to the process! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @budzynb when your DS is first born the pee in the face will drive you more crazy than the wild legs. I think it takes a few months for the wild legs to kick in. I wish someone warned me about the constantly being peed on.  :#
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    My UO: I hate monograms. I live in the south where people think you need to monogram everything you own in order to make it look pretty. Your car, your hat, your bag, your dog's collar, your mailbox, your recycling bin... I mean the curly, swirly monograms in hot pink and turquoise just in case someone couldn't see it from across the room. I'm baffled every time I attend a baby shower and every item the guest of honor opens is monogrammed and the whole room is swooning over how beautiful it is and asking where to get it done. Yuck!
  • Options
    @britvahok, DH has two girls and I CANNOT WAIT for him to get peed on! I figure it's probably going to be the funniest new 'first' he'll get to deal with as daddy to a boy! :smiley:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My UO is that "lol" is so 2007. Just stop! We have emojis now... 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    But @PinkPrincessPiper she's well aware that her annoying baby will continue to annoy her for the foreseeable future. Isn't that enough of an apology for you??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @britvahok @caity024 whenever my DD peed "on me" it was just a cute little trickle that soaked whatever was underneath her (usually another diaper or changing pad cover). Guess I should count myself lucky haha. I'm having another girl but maybe one day I'll get to experience pee pee in the face from a little boy :)
  • Options

When I'm told "oh you just wait" by a bunch of internet strangers...no, I get it, kids keep kicking. I'm not stupid. I apologized for being insensitive with my first comment. Not sure what else you guys need. I should be allowed to say my kid will probably be annoying during diaper change time without people bitching me out.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @middy411 your uo is a straight up sin where I am from! Gasp!!!!! But we can go a little over board with the monogram thing. Especially for girls! You're gonna hate me, I use their monogram over all three of my kids cribs in their nursery. sorry not sorry:)
  • Options
    Non-baby related unpopular opinion. I think going to the movies alone is the best. No talking during the movie, no sharing of snacks, and No being made fun of when you sneak a blanket inside. 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    budzynb said:

When I'm told "oh you just wait" by a bunch of internet strangers...no, I get it, kids keep kicking. I'm not stupid. I apologized for being insensitive with my first comment. Not sure what else you guys need. I should be allowed to say my kid will probably be annoying during diaper change time without people bitching me out.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @felix08 Thanks! A really kind mother in my community (whom I have never met before) Let me borrow her doppler. It's helped a lot. But with a toddler and working full time, I can't keep the doppler on me at all time. 

PLUS, baby kicks is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy.  :)
  • Options
    @LSP87 I'm dying.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    She's baby wearing too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"