August 2017 Moms
Options

UO 4/6

2»

Re: UO 4/6

• Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @LivLew yes! but you have my favorite animal of ALL TIME..the platypus! and a wizard? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @littlebug2010, I have that shirt in blue!  I love it!  From weeks 14-18, I wore it any time we were out in public to make sure people knew I was pregnant and not just bloated  :D I know it shouldn't matter what everyone else thinks, but it helped haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @caity042 I always make sure to wear my form fitting maternity stuff out in public.  If I wear other stuff I still feel like I just look huge, and not pregnant.  The Dino shirt really helps too! (though its not super stretchy, so I dont know how long I can wear it for)
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 DH is a huge nerd and would absolutely love to have Zelda and Mario stuff for the boy. I did buy him a player 1 and player 2 matching shirt for him and the boy for his bday. If I let him, he'd totally be naming the boy something nerd related. I'm not totally convinced that the name he suggested isn't related to video games, but I like it so it's all good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 Before we knew it was a boy, we joked that we were going to name a girl Zelda and a boy Link.  Our families wouldnt have gotten it, but all of my DHs friends would have known right away!
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 @littlebug2010 I love Mario and Zelda. I asked DH for a Nintendo Switch as anniversary gift. At this point I'm convinced I'll never grow up. 
  • Options
    @LivLew Thats such a good idea for an anniversary gift!  We have all of the nintendo systems on display in our living room.  We plan to introduce each to our kids in the correct order, so they can appreciate them even more! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    UO: I don't get video games. We never had them growing up and as an adult they have zero appeal to me.  My 15 year old cousin put a bunch of old games from multiple systems on something called a raspberry pi. DH flipped and had him make him one. It drives me nuts. He wants me to play with him, but it's boring to me
  • Options
    FeliciosityFeliciosity member
    edited April 2017
    @britvahok Yes. I am so glad I learned that while babysitting vs. learning "the hard way" with my own child. The mom I babysat for warned me to cover her son w/ a burp rag while changing him. I thought it was so weird, but tried it, and then understood why.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Re: video games. I think they're way too hard in our modern ages! Back in my day, when I walked a mile in the snow uphill both ways to school, I loved Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog. A character running left to right is about advanced as I can get. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 yes yes yes yes yes x1000 on your UO. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 my family was of the no-video game variety as well, so it is lost on me. I had a gameboy with Kirby and a few others for like a week and my mom decided she had changed her mind and video games were terrible. She now wonders if it impacted my hand/eye coordination. Thanks, Mom. 

My DH plays some, but not much. He likes the Lego/ Nanoblocks though. So, I got him a bunch of sea creature nanoblocks to make and put on display in DD room, since it is nautical/sea themed. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 my dh loves legos too.  I got him a star wars millennium falcon lego set, and its on display now!  He also build a lego robot with our roommates in college, and it won a competition (yep super geeks) and thats also on display.  I didnt play a ton of video games as a kid, but DH introduced me to it and I fell in love!  Gotta find the right game I guess.  

IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15
    I'm with you on the video games. I don't get the appeal of them, other than Mario Kart.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @britvahok yes, that's true, but once they're older, the kicking, twisting, turning and running away while you're trying to change them/get them dressed is even more annoying! (This is probably an uo, but I thought my son's pee was cute as a new newborn lol! )
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 totally don't get the appeal of video games either. I've tried and am just not entertained. I'd much rather be curled up with a book!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited April 2017
    My UO is that I get annoyed with "matching" sibling names or obsessing about them "going together." I think this was a UO a few weeks ago, and now I can't stop noticing it and getting worked up! 
  • Options
    @dinofreak yes! This was my UO a few weeks ago because people kept saying I have to choose a name that goes with my firstborn's. Ummm no thank you! I'd rather choose a name I love! 
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @middy411 At first glance, I'll say that if I were someone just passing by...I would have to agree with you. It really does seem (at first) like people do jump on you pretty quickly for no reason. The problem with that is...they actually have reason.

You have, whether intentionally or accidentally, rubbed quite a few women the wrong way with what you have said and the way you have worded things. I am one of them (I found one of your responses about my UO about the nursery being removed at my hospital to be hurtful and very judgmental). I will not insult your intelligence by explaining how this affects others in the way we perceive pretty much any and all of your future posts.

I honestly don't think you ever meant to offend so many people like you did...but the fact is that you managed to do so and now anything you say is being read with that tone many of us picked up on in the past.
  • Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited April 2017
    @LSP87 I am very sorry that I offended you with my post. I truly do not remember what exactly I said, but my intent is never to seem judgmental or like I know best because I genuinely feel I have a lot to learn. Which is why I even come here in the first place. I know I have worded a post or two wrong in the recent past, but I did try to do my best at correcting/explaining/apologizing. None of it was recieved so I just deleted and moved on. I do apologize for rubbing you the wrong way.
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @middy411 Thank you for saying that. I appreciate your honesty. It's hard once you feel like you've been burned to not read any further posts in a particular off-putting tone, but I recognize I do this sometimes and do my best to be empathetic and put myself in the other person's shoes to try to see it from their point of view. It is difficult to interpret tone in the way the poster intended sometimes.
  • Options
    I have no intentions of picking our second daughters name to "match" or "sound good together" with the first. However, the names I tend to like go really well with her name so from the outside that's what it will look like. Both of us have pretty specific likes and a lot of the names we like are similar.

But I don't think you should pick them just based on that either.
  • Options
    neludeluneludelu member
    edited April 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    @neludelu omg I LoOoOove when lurkers get lost and find their way into another board where THEY KNOW NOTHING. Please just leave. 

• Options
    I knows it's so 2007, but LOL.
    @neludelu if anything I was trying to be respectful to Budzy, so this junk didn't have to be rehashed.

Anyways, I really don't have the time or energy to worry about pointless drama. But to be fair, you did call me petty on the UO thread.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Ahhh @LSP87 Ron Swanson is my spirit animal.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @aehogan90 he is definitely one of my most beloved characters!
  • Options
    @LSP87 now I gotta turn on Parks and Rec!
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"