May 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday ticker change 4/5

Hope it's ok to start this. Had a moment and didn't see it so figured I'd post really quick! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team pink/blue/green? 

Stolen from Tuesday...GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday ticker change 4/5

• Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks. 

How big is baby? Yesterday's ultrasound had him at 7lb4oz. Yikes 

Any appointments this week? Yesterday. I mentioned it in the ransoms thread. Had my usual fluid check(still high) and NST. Going again Monday. Pretty terrified to not make it to induction at 38. I'm praying he stays put but I will be shocked. 

Symptoms? Incredible discomfort due to the extra fluid and large baby boy. Heartburn. And very terrible graphic nightmares. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just always ranting these days. I'm sick of complaining about how uncomfortable I am. I'm not used to pregnancy being miserable. My other two were great. I'm glad this isn't my first because I would've been very very uncertain about whether or not to have any more. I just pray this boy stays until induction. Or that fluid levels go down. One or the other! 

Team pink/blue/green?  Blue

GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? I thought I was done. But there was a convo about gifts for siblings and it made me realize I hadn't even thought of that! I did it with my last so I don't know why it didn't even cross my mind. Whatever we do it will be very small. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a durian fruit (??). 

Any appointments this week? We had one yesterday. 

Symptoms? Nothing new. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had our 33 week appointment yesterday and baby is head measuring 4.2 lbs! DD was only 6.9 when she was born, so the doctor is anticipating this baby being at least 8.5 lbs. I don't I'll have a baby that big, but I guess we'll see. 

I I also had a serious conversation with him regarding VBAC vs CS and I think that I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will have a RCS. He said it would be difficult to have a successful VBAC due to the fact that I never made it to 10 centimeters before and this baby is bigger. Now we just have to decide whether to schedule the CS or let my body go into labor naturally and then have a CS. 

Team pink/blue/green? Green 

Stolen from Tuesday...GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? We still need to set up the PNP in our room and finish moving some of DD's toys. And a general deep cleaning of our apartment. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Last week's sono had him/her at 4lbs 12 oz. I had an appointment last week to get measurements because my belly's measuring small. They said baby was in 30th percentile overall, but it's head was on the small side (I forget the percentile but DH says it was 3rd... I thought it was a bit higher but I'm blanking). They asked if I'd traveled anywhere with Zika outbreaks, which freaked me out even though I haven't. The Dr wasn't too worried, but they're going to keep an eye on growth. Judging by the increased tightness of my pants this week, I think we're probably on the right track.

Any appointments this week? Nope. 

Symptoms? Heartburn, tight pants, lots of movement.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing today. 

Team pink/blue/green? Still green, somehow.

Stolen from Tuesday...GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? Ahhh too much it seems. We need to find a pediatrician, discuss names, get a bassinet and diapers, discuss home/hospital visiting boundaries with family, and get on daycare wait lists. And those are just the things I'd put in the "urgent" category. We are such procrastinators.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks. Last month. Ahh!

How big is baby? I'm not too confident in my new (temporary) OB but she thinks big. He measured 6.5lbs at my 35 week appt. I watched her do the measurements and they all looked off. Like her starting and end point werent right. Everything measured at 39 and 40 weeks. Im just going with the flow though since I go every week now. We'll see what happens this next appt. Hopefully I'll meet the not temporary new OB. 

Any appointments this week? Friday

Symptoms? Itchiness. It keeps me up at night. I'm losing my mind. Its been happening on and off my whole pregnancy. Started with the bottom of my feet and now its hands and arms and legs. My feet are the worst. Weird.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I checked into L&D last Thursday when I hadn't felt baby move all day. Of course he wouldn't stop moving as soon as they got the monitor on me. Waste of an evening but glad to know he's ok and we got to see his face (on the u/s) which was cool. 

Team pink/blue/green? Boy

Stolen from Tuesday...GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? Finding a daycare. Ugh. Why do I keep putting this off? I think thats it though. Oh and thank you cards. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 33w

How big is baby? A ferret? Fundal height is deafness on which is nice after measuring insanely big last time. 

Any appointments this week? Had a 32w on Monday and somebody finally turned head down! Next one isn't until 35 and it will be my last with my current doc, kind of bummed. 

Symptoms? So much cramping and lightening crotch. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm out of town trying to find daycares and a house where we will be moving. It is super sucky and I'm tired. 

Team pink/blue/green? Pink. 

Stolen from Tuesday...GTKY: what's left on your to do list for baby? I'll install the car seat bases in a few weeks and probably decide on a daycare where we will be moving to this week. Otherwise I think I just have to buy boob stuff. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @Rebecca517 Have you been tested for cholestasis?!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe No. Thanks for the link. Ill ask my dr about it at my appt Friday. Scary! 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe  Of course now I go and search it on TB and see @Kipperoo 's post about it. Must have missed it before. This is scary. I'm 36 wks today. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 33 weeks 

How big is baby? Last appointment 4 lbs

Any appointments this week? Nope next week 

Symptoms? Spreading hips= vagina breaking in half

Rants/Raves/Questions? First in grateful but, I don't want to talk about it daily. My MIL is driving me nuts about the shower. She's invited 40+ people, I invited 15. Refuses to tell them about the registry at target that she specifically asked me to make for her, so now her friends are going off script. Save the receipts ladies because I hate pink and you'd know this if you saw we registered for all purple stuff. 

Team pink/blue/green? Team purple, Little girl! 

What else is left? Finish painting the nursery, assemble the crib and shelves. 
  • Options
    @Rebecca517 , jumping in because I saw my tag! Definitely call your OB and ask specifically about being tested for cholestasis (looks like you aren't thrilled with the person managing your care, so I suspect you may have to be forceful about it). The bile acid levels (which are what is ultimately harmful to the baby) take up to a week to get back, but the liver enzymes come back like next day and should be able to indicate if you have cholestasis. It's scary, but if they catch it, it's not such a big deal. An early induction sucks, but there are worse things. Always happy to chat as the (unfortunate) board cholestasis expert! Let me know if you have any questions! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Kipperoo I'm waiting for my OB to call me back. Thank you!