May 2017 Moms
Options

Change OB at 32 weeks

2»

Re: Change OB at 32 weeks

• Options
    ........ I have even thought about not coming anymore and just showing up at the hospital when I am in labor. .....
    If you follow through on that thought, I do think you are stupid. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Thank you all for your answers the reason I have not been active because I am honestly busy all the time. Also I do not understand how this forum works as with my previous pregnancy we did not have all this you can only post here and not for these reasons and weekly updates and etc. we posted if we had a question or concern to get answers and used the search to find any related stories. Since this is my second pregnancy all the normal questions and stuff I have already looked up read about and expirenced so only advice that I need is anything out of the norm. Honestly I am not even sure this is the same website I had been active on in my previous pregnancy and I try not to provide personal information over internet. So I will not be doing a introduction, giving date of birth, etc sometimes I might give more then I intended to but I really try not to. I don't mind the judgement You may think I'm stupid or inadequate or whatever to your standards but everyone has different life's and to each there own.

I did not know how switching doctors normally works as I never had a problem before. I would have thought the first thing they would do is request the documents from the other doctor if I was accepted in which I would still have to meet the new doctor and make sure it's not the same there. Then if I decided to stay at my current have to deal with them. 

I went though my directory of providers several times. I called insurance to verify that they did not have a different list. Even called my previous doctor to verify that they no longer take my insurance since they are still on the directory. As I said in my original post a nurse had told me about a different doctor that she says does take my insurance they are not on the directory that my insurance has provided. Unfortunately as I had previously thought I was not able to transfer as they do not take my insurance. I was really hoping they would and I would be able to transfer.  If I was able to I was hoping someone might have insight on a transfer this late. Like another person has said most all my problems have been with staff and organization till recently and it just piles up expecally when a nurse is telling you to switch to a different doctor becuase she thinks they aren't great.
     It seems like now it's getting closer to delivery they are stressing about things not normally stressed about and everything is still coming out fine. As everyone's expirence and pregnancy is different it is understandable how you can judge since you are not in my shoes. My insurance in a popular on as I never would have figured so many would not accept it. I appreciate the real answers I received. As for the good bye bump post sorry but I may or may not post again depending on if I find time or need advice in which I hope those who truly like to help will reply.
    QFP & TLDR

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @trytry38ever: I think it's crazy that your insurance company can't/won't provide you with a list of other local in-plan OBs. You should still pursue a switch if you're still not comfortable with your current provider. You should continue to look into it---beyond calling this one that the nurse mentioned, and beyond calling your previous doctor. There's got to be someone else nearby who accepts your insurance, even if it is not a popular one like you said.

Call the insurance co. and don't end the phone call without a list of at least 3 providers you can contact.

Also, yes, if you request your medical records be sent somewhere else, that is 100 percent your legal right to do so. They are Your information and You choose who can see them. It doesn't matter if your current doc finds out or knows about it. It shouldn't change the quality of care, as someone else mentioned. Good luck.