August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 4/3

How are you feeling this week?
DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Weekly Symptoms 4/3

• Options
    Morning sickness came back, but I went 12 days feeling good. If I can go practically 2 weeks without getting sick, I guess I'll take it.
    Getting hot flashes now. Seriously feeling so overheated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Heartburn and lots of it.  And feeling like I should be doing SOMETHING to prepare for baby, but this also feels like the last downtime I'll have for probably ever, so I'm trying to enjoy doing nothing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like this has been asked before but I can find it. Twice now I've woken up in the middle of the night and can't feel my left pinky and ring finger. Like not tingly like they fell asleep, like they have no feeling to them. I wasn't sleeping on my hand or arm---no pressure to cut off circulation. It eventually goes away. But now I'm sitting here having coffee with a friend and the same two fingers start losing feeling! So weird. Not even sure if this is related to pregnancy?
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 Apparently pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome is a thing. I haven't experienced it personally,  but I've heard it mentioned. Most say it goes away
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903
    I seriously have so much respect for you, still getting morning sickness.  You are such a trooper, and hopefully the worst is behind you and it only gets easier!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I feel like this has been asked before but I can find it. Twice now I've woken up in the middle of the night and can't feel my left pinky and ring finger. Like not tingly like they fell asleep, like they have no feeling to them. I wasn't sleeping on my hand or arm---no pressure to cut off circulation. It eventually goes away. But now I'm sitting here having coffee with a friend and the same two fingers start losing feeling! So weird. Not even sure if this is related to pregnancy?
    Do you sleep with your elbow bent underneath your pillow? You're putting pressure on your ulnar nerve. This can also happen if you rest your elbow on car console, play with your phone too long, or lean on your elbows. It's called cubital tunnel syndrome. Similar to carpal tunnel syndrome which effects a different nerve in the wrist. I don't know (off the top of my head) if it's linked to pregnancy but given that most of us are probably sleeping on our sides now I'm sure there are all sorts of fun aches and pains that develop as a result of position. :/ 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    caity024caity024 member
    edited April 2017
    @mrsmatt1212 it could be carpal tunnel, although at least in my case (and from what I've read trying to figure out why I've got what I've got haha) it's my thumb and first 3 fingers.  Dr. said it's from a nerve being pinched while sleeping, because of all the extra fluid/blood in my pregnant body. Maybe yours is just a different nerve being pinched?  He said it almost always goes away within a month or two of the baby being born, as your body fluid levels drop back down to pre-pregnancy.  If it gets worse, talk to your Dr. about wearing a wrist brace at night.  Mine has gotten so bad that if I don't wear the wrist braces (on both hands, lucky me  :# ) I wake up in pain from the tingling.  

ETA:  DH thinks the braces are a realllllllly sexy look  :D:D:D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow @caity024 that's so interesting! Definitely didn't think carpal tunnel (probably because I've never experienced it before!). It always happens on the side I'm NOT sleeping on, so the arm that's actually on top. Which seems weird, but I am on my phone way. too. much. so maybe that's it  :#
  • Options
    My right hip/lower back is hurting while I sit. At least I don't have pain when walking anymore  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The lower back/ hip are sore. Lower back is super tight and painful. Feet are starting to swell end of day. Yay pregnancy fun!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    @mrsmatt1212  I completely agree with @BlackNYellow  about it being cubital tunnel syndrome.  I have issues with both carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome.  I had issues with my ulnar nerve prior to pregnancy, but being pregnant has made it worse.  Carpal tunnel syndrome didn't start being an issue for me until pregnancy.  Based on where my symptoms are located, I can figure out how to reposition my arm to get rid of the numbness.  Numbness in my pinky and ring finger let me know that I need to try to change the positioning of my elbow.  Numbness in my thumb, index finger, middle finger, and ring finger let me know that I should reposition my wrist.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AB518 yes!!! Cubical tunnel is exactly what it is, thanks for saying the name since I looked up carpal and knew it couldn't involve the pinky. 
  • Options
    @caity024 I'm in the same boat, relaxing and slacking off while I can! 

More RLP and heartburn. I had a twinge that took my breath away today instead of just "oh, ow, must be RLP." My emotions are out of control, everything makes me want to cry, happy or sad
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    I am now starting to have issues with getting lightheaded really easily.  I try to stay hydrated and eat throughout the day as best I can.  And I try to pay attention to my positioning because apparently the uterus at this point can compress some major blood vessels.  I have heard of pregnant women having issues with lightheadedness, but I didn't realize how bad it can get.

@Kathryn0903  I am also now having issues with hot flashes.  I used to be cold all of the time, and now, I am frequently complaining about it being too hot.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I joined the club that's having tailbone pain. I'm fine at my office, but just finished a conference with those awful hotel chairs and uuughhhh.

My nausea isn't gone either. My doctor had recommended trying to wean myself off the diclesis and... well now I feel nauseous at night again when it wears off. Oh well. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AB518 I've been having this on and off too. I have to drink so much water and wear my compression socks at work to avoid feeling lightheaded when I change positions or stand too long. I started adding nuun electrolyte tabs in my water and I have been feeling a bit better. I try to squeeze my calfs and thighs if I'm standing too long and take my time changing from lying to sitting to standing and that seems to help too. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited April 2017
    @caity024 - one of the girls on the PAIF had this & her braces weren't helping either and found that the back n belly pillow helped a lot with sleeping. I told my mother as she has carpel tunnel and she's now got one as well and says it helps. The website says its ideal for carpal tunnel and some other issues so maybe an idea. https://leachco.com/products/back-n-belly-sup-sup-chic

edit for clarity
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    This week my hunger has been taken to a new level. I'm starving all the freakin time. I eat and eat and eat some more. 

Smell aversion is also back with full force

TMI WARNING
    Swamp Crotch is real and I can't even handle it! It's so bad from the increased discharge, having to wear pantyliners constantly and the warmer weather. I even wear mesh/moisture wicking undies but my bikini line is so irritated. I'm resorting to powdering up every morning. Any other ladies dealing with the swamp and wanna share relief???? 
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member

Looking forward to the beginning of my biweekly massages though! Hopefully that will bring me some relief from this pelvic and pubic bone hell. If not, it'll be a very long 19 weeks.
  • Options
    Re: pregnancy massages.. A girl in my office said she actually hated them bc all the masseuses were basically scared to touch her/apply too much pressure. I was so bummed! Hoping that's just her experience. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 I've been getting massages at my chiropractors and they are not afraid to apply pressure at all, lol. I think it really just depends on the masseuses and experience with pregnant women.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    I'd probably be nervous if too little/too much pressure, but this girl is a longtime friend so I'm comfortable talking to her. I have a hard time expressing anything seemingly critical to strangers. I have gone to her for help with my migraines. I've never had one on my side though and I'm a little worried as to exactly what she will be doing technique wise. I'm just trying to avoid physical therapy like my OB suggested.
  • Options
    @morgy_bee idk what your grooming preferences are, but I recently got so fed up with the swamp that I trimmed everything down to almost zero with clippers (I don't shave because razor burn). So far, so good not having any extra insulation. As for chafing, I rub my entire (face to feet and everything between) in coconut oil after a shower, that seems to help a lot. 
  • Options
    dinofreak said:
    @morgy_bee idk what your grooming preferences are, but I recently got so fed up with the swamp that I trimmed everything down to almost zero with clippers (I don't shave because razor burn). So far, so good not having any extra insulation. As for chafing, I rub my entire (face to feet and everything between) in coconut oil after a shower, that seems to help a lot. 
    Omg! I went on a chopping spree a couple days ago because it was driving me crazy!! I don't normally shave because it causes so many ingrown hair but I had to do it. When I'm pregnant I can't stand the way my underwear, bras or clothes rub on me! It's just driving me crazy!!!
  • Options
    Earlier this week my stomach/bump just felt weird for two days. I would get random stabbing pains the in left side of my bump. And the bump just hurt. Almost like a stomach ache but not. Clearly I'm terrible at trying to describe the feeling lol. But it only lasted two days. Maybe baby had a growth spurt? Bc I do feel like I look bigger. Who knows. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AB518, I had never even heard of that, had to look it up.  Cool! But not cool haha. And @JWatt5, thank you! I think I'm going to try it.....at this point, I'll check out every possible fix.  I've started taking the braces off in my sleep  :D which is funny, but irritating when it wakes me up with the painful tingles.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 I had the weirdest stomach pains last night! Almost like a burning feeling in the bump... I don't think it's heartburn unless it goes that low. I agree with you it's impossible to describe haha. I just sound crazy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been having a strange symptom lately For the past couple of weeks, I have been feeling pressure in the middle of my upper abdomen, just under my rib cage/ bra line. No pain. Just pressure when I sit. Has anyone experienced this?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity could be indigestion. I would take tums and see if that helps. 

Also when my belly is full from eating, I feel short of breath lately which I guess also has some pressure with it. The uterus plus full belly press on the diaphragm.  
  • Options
    @Feliciosity does your stomach get hard? Could be BH contractions.

This week I've been feeling a lot of movement. I love when my son kicks me from the inside and my daughter is sitting with me. It's like they're playing already. And just wanting to eat all the food. Oh, and getting out of breath. I feel like I'm so out of shape.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @aehogan90 isn't that the coolest? I can't wait for DS to be able to feel brother moving
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 DD will just be turning 1 next month so she obviously doesn't get it. But think it's so cool to feel both my babies at the same time!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @AB518 yes!!! Cubical tunnel is exactly what it is, thanks for saying the name since I looked up carpal and knew it couldn't involve the pinky. 
    Good to know! I've been getting the same thing and assumed it was from when I accidentally stayed sleeping on my back for too long. 
  • Options
    Anyone else only puke in the middle of the night? I do have heartburn but tonight I felt fine then woke up choking on puke and made it to the bathroom in time to get rid of the rest that was in my stomach. Any ideas?
  • Options
    @Leni410 if you get heartburn frequently at night try eating an apple right before bed. this helped me last pregnancy if i didn't have my apple id wake up choking on acid from bad heartburn. 
  • Options
    Had my first night sweat last night, never hand them with my first...so fun to wake up soaking and shivering... other than that the lovely tailbone pain continues to bother me pretty much all day.

So far I haven't had the Charlie horses in my legs like last go around...fingers crossed i don't get them this time since all my symptoms have been so different! 
  • Options
    I just had a bad pain on my left lower abdomen nd the pain made my stomach feel hard and it hurt when i would turn on my side. It lasted a day and a lil the next. Scared me since im high risk with a cerclage but im sure it was Roind ligament pain. Common around 19-20 weeks
  • Options
    @JCPSand2B I definitely joined the night sweats club the last couple nights. Gross.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My neck is so stiff. And stupid headaches coming back. I have a massage gift card I got for Christmas, but I'm trying to wait till I'm so miserable I can't stand it anymore. My BIL is a physical therapist and he helped me, but now the other side hurts. Bah.
  • Options
    bbtrix said:
    I just had a bad pain on my left lower abdomen nd the pain made my stomach feel hard and it hurt when i would turn on my side. It lasted a day and a lil the next. Scared me since im high risk with a cerclage but im sure it was Roind ligament pain. Common around 19-20 weeks
    Could also have been braxton hicks