Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms - Week of 4/3

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 4/3

• Options
    @shortstack930 Ugh, wtf... yeh that's really insensitive of your friend. I'm sorry to hear she is being a TW. Just wondering, has she taken a test? 
  • Options
    @morado23 it's torture waiting. I'm hoping she'll get me soon, then I can work on my tenure binder (a whole 'nother headache).
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 nope when I asked her why she didn't just take a damn test she said she meant to today but was too busy to stop on her way home. In all honesty though she's been super stressed the past few months and I've noticed she seems to be losing weight (she's always been super thin to begin with) so I wouldn't be surprised if she's just not getting her period/not ovulating entirely due to that.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @shortstack930 I am angry on your behalf! Ugh, that would be so tough to deal with. I'm sorry.
    @AlohaKumu I think resurrecting it was a great idea (because all the instant pot talk has made me decide I want one!). I just need to pay more attention, clearly.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I found out the other day that I need 3 years worth of data in my tenure portfolio to show student growth, and I was freaking out because I only have this year's and have no idea where my gradebooks from the past two years are (I've moved three times in two years. I'm lucky I know where I am).

Luckily, I just found complete data from last year and most of my data from two years ago on one of the online systems we use for report cards. I just have to figure out first term reading levels from my 2014-2015 year.

I feel like kind of a nerd, but it's actually really interesting to look at. I had 24 students in 14-15, and then 13 students last year. I had so much more growth last year, probably because I had so much time to focus on each student.

• Options
    @LoveInDC I am so jealous of you. I love HP and I've always wanted to go to Wizarding World!  My sister brought me a chocolate frog when she went. It was adorable. I don't know if I'll ever make it there. 
  • Options
    pebbledampebbledam member
    edited April 2017
    @shortstack930 - Wow, just.... Wow. I don't understand how anyone could be that insensitive to someone they KNOW is struggling. So many creepy internet hugs for you and a couple of creepy internet throat punches for your "friend."

@Augusta108 - Your friend might not take the TW crown from @shortstack930's friend, but it's still rude! Of course you want to be KU, but it's not her place to draw attention to the fact that you're not yet. Hugs!

@jsnakehole - I would totally need out over that data, too! I'm glad you were able to recover the last two years. 

ETA because grammar
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @shortstack930 Oh wow that makes it even worse!  You definitely need to talk to her that is just not acceptable :neutral:
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @shortstack930 :( I'm so sorry your friend is being so insensitive. honestly, maybe you should explain that while you care about her, you're not the right friend to be discussing that stuff with. Ugh... that seriously sucks. Why do friendships have to get so complicated? :(
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    @shortstack930 the insensitivity of your friend makes me want to throat punch her for you.  Regardless if she's pregnant or not that fact that she was complaining to you about it makes it a thousand times worse.  I hope she realizes that's not the type of thing you need to hear.

• Options
    A couple of weeks ago (I think around International Women's day), I was listening to NPR and one of the guests was a black woman who had been told by a supervisor that straigtened hair looked more professional than natural hair. For some reason that really rubbed me the wrong way. For one, I think naturally curly is beautiful and two, it's incredibly unfair to make a woman feel like she has to change her appearance (and thus part of her identity) in order to be seen as "professional." I understand there are some rules to dressing and looking professional, but you can't tell someone that the hair that naturally grows out of their head is automatically unprofessional. 

Sorry, that was really random. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    @morado23  Da fak? That's not only unfair, it's demeaning and racist. I wear my hair up in a clip or pony tail most of the time and pat myself on the back for at least washing it once mid week. Calling naturally curly hair unprofessional is just ignorant. 
  • Options
    @morado23 I've heard lots of cases of stuff like that too! I remember there was one where the employer fired (or threatened to fire or something) someone because she wore her hair in braids. I'm sure they wouldn't have been okay with having it natural and unbraided either. So ridiculous.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @shortstack930 Ugh - sorry your friend is being so insensitive! Hopefully you can talk to her and she will realize just how badly she messed up :(

@Augusta108 Sorry you're also having problems with a friend - I still don't understand how people don't get how sensitive of a topic it is. I have a similar situation, with a friend who keeps assuring me I'll be KU at her wedding. It's in August, and I hope I will be - but I don't need that reminder each time we talk! 
  • Options
    Thanks @Tennis11785!!! I appreciate an insiders opinion :) Can't wait to plan!
  • Options
    @Avrilmai lololololol a corn dog at 7:30am is hilarious. You gotta have a serious commitment to corn dogs to take one as a to-go breakfast. 

...but seriously though who actually eats corn dogs? I think I had one at a fair once and I was def like 12. 
  • Options
    @Avrilmai - I think I have seen breakfast corndogs in the freezer section before. Sausage wrapped in pancake batter? That would really only make the situation slightly less weird. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    @Avrilmai @morado23 Eww. Just eww. I can't even wrap my head around wanting a corn dog period, let alone one for breakfast. I know I'm being judgmental, and I'm okay with that haha
  • Options
    Breakfast corn dogs are definitely a real thing. Sadly my parents would feed us those as kids. I'm not going to lie... from what I remember I thought they were good but I wouldn't touch one of those things these days.  
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 That's how I felt about Lucky Charms.  My mom refused to by marshmallow or chocolate cereal when I was young and when I was older I was like I'm getting these!  And alas they were grosss
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 That's so funny... my parents let my sisters and I eat whatever the heck we wanted. There was no limit on soda, fast food, ect. Thankfully I started to eat differently as I got older and more educated about food. It makes me cringe thinking about the food my parents would let us eat. I don't want to be one of those parents that never let their kids eat sugary cereal or "bad" food but moderation will certainly be implemented! 
  • Options
    @RVAmom315 My mom also never bought us junk cereal - I think the most sugar we got in cereal was the odd time we'd get Frosted Flakes! My grandma would have them though, and we were always so excited to stay over haha! Now though, I wouldn't touch any of it, and will definitely be following in my mom's footsteps and not having it in the house
  • Options
    RVAmom315RVAmom315 member
    edited April 2017
    @JJMNO1616 My parents let us have soda and we went to either the pizza place or McDonald's every Friday night (which is why I still have it ingrained in my head that we have to get takeout every Friday - all these years later!) but my mom was weird about cereal.  Oh and juice boxes.  They always had to be 100% juice - no Kool Aid, Hi-C, etc.  
    @Sailing_Mama I remember her saying "you will not have cookies for breakfast!" When I wanted her to buy Cookie Crisp. Haha that's what grandmas are for!  The only cereal DS will eat is Cheerios (and sometimes Rice Krispies) so we will see how long that will last (I'm a Golden Grahams and Cinnamon Toast Crunch type myself) 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 my mom was the same, I can't even begin to list all of the crap I ate. I'm pretty sure kid's cuisine were a staple and I know I had french fries for dinner on more than one occasion. I definitely started eating better when I went to college. 

@morado23 breakfast corn dog didnt even occur to me. I was so taken aback by the whole situation. I guess that makes it a little better?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 @RVAmom515 @Avrilmai Once I moved out, I realized how lucky I was with how my parents treated food. They didn't keep much soda or snacks, but we would get them for a treat every so often. We lived in a small town, so there was no fast food or take out, and my mom always cooked everything from scratch, so we didn't eat any packaged foods. Even desserts and sweets for lunches were homemade (we'd always try and trade our homemade cookies for Oreos and such haha). Now I prefer to bake and make things myself, and I always eat unprocessed foods (fresh veggies, whole grains, lean proteins), and never had to make an effort to do so (just the never ending battle against being too indulgent with cheeses, chocolate, and wine!)
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Haha that's perfect!  How did we survive??  Now I want a Twinkie 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 That video's amazing. It kind of reminded me of the movie 'Drop Dead Gorgeous.'

One of my mom's coworkers' daughters was missing for like four hours this afternoon. They just found her. She ran off with a friend. I've known this girl since she was 5- she's a preteen now, and I just want to shake her for doing that. Thank God she's fine, but she's definitely going to be grounded until college.

• Options
    @jsnakehole Drop Dead Gorgeous is hilarious!! And that's super messed up about your coworker's daughter. Your coworker must have been freaking out, I can't even imagine!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 that video was great!
    I'm with you on the soda. I cannot finish a can. I had a 20oz bottled Coke in my work fridge for like 4 months. every once in a while I'd open it and take a sip and be good for a few weeks. I don't mind flat Coke, so that wasn't a problem. I finally just gave up and threw it away bc 4 months is too long to have one Coke. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 - My parents used to make me eat such healthy food at home, but at school I would drink SO much Mountain Dew! I eventually stopped when I drank an entire 2-liter bottle right before all my finals for the year and was so overloaded with sugar and caffeine that I couldn't concentrate on anything. I despise the taste now!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 That video is hilarious, so true about the 90s.

We had home cooked meals most nights growing up but always had chips ahoy, whatever cereal we wanted, etc. My dad worked for Coke so we always had soda in the house and I drank way too much of it.

@jsnakehole Your mom's coworker must have been absolutely terrified. That girl is definitely getting grounded! I've seen a lot of shared FB posts recently about young girls going missing in my area and then within the day they're found and there's no explanation. Makes me wonder how many of them were a similar situation. 
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 I think it's just part of being a dumb young person. I remember being in my early 20s and freaking my parents out because I didn't check in with them (I lived at home in college, and am a petite girl in a big city, so they always liked to know I was in one piece- in fact, before they found this little girl, my mom called me and told me to make sure all my doors were locked, just incase). I just didn't want to look lame texting my mom and dad in front of my friends. I have a feeling the same thing happened with this girl.

And I imagine this is the conversation in her house right now:

• Options
    @Avrilmai Four months!?! That is a long time to have the same Coke haha
  • Options
    My house growing up was free of soda and typical junk food. If my parents didn't eat it, they didn't buy it. I didn't have Oreos until high school. Fast food was a rare once-a-year treat. I still can't do soda because the carbonation kills my stomach.

But.... I also grew up drinking only extra sweet iced tea. I always had a ton of cookies before bed. Dinner was usually pasta or something fried. And when I was sick, I was on a strict chocolate milkshake diet. So I still managed to be a fat kid lol
  • Options
    @LoveInDC A chocolate milkshake diet when you're sick? I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous!