July 2016 Moms

April Randoms

How is it April already?!

It has only been 3.5- 4 months since we were teething...and now we are working on 2 more teeth (if we didn't start cutting them last night we are close)...and I forgot how bad it sucks...ugh please cut fast!!

Re: April Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • We do pampers swaddlers and I've found that Walmart and Amazon have the best prices. If I did subscribe and save via Amazon, they'd def win out, but I don't. But they are within cents of each other. 
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    Amazon subscription is amazing 
  • I buy diapers at Target. The big boxes went down $5 in price here, cartwheel almost always has a $2 or $3 coupon, occasionally a percentage off as well, plus I get my 5% off with my RedCard. We go through probably 3/4 of a box in a month. @kmurdock925

Has anyone else's baby discovered that they can pop their jaw now? This is driving me crazy-so gross!
  • @schaze no jaw popping here but that sounds horrifying....like nails on a chalkboard.  eek!
  • While we're on the diaper talk - what size is everyone's LO in for their weight? S is just under 20lbs and we have her in 3's at home but daycare keeps putting her in 4's. The weight recommendation for 3 is up to 28lbs but we're at the point right now where we would need to buy more 3's but have 4's on hand from my baby shower so I don't know if we should just put her up the size already? It just seems so sad to me even though it's just a diaper.
  • LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
    edited April 2017
    M is 15.5ish pounds and is in 3's. (Pampers  swaddlers). She has been blowing out of them recently. I think partly because she's been taking giant poops. But, we have a half box left, so I'll be trying 4's on her once we need more. I can always tell she needs to move up when 1 pee seems to really fill it up. I feel like we move up way before the weight listed on the box. 
  • Elijah is on size 3.  We went to the park with a friend and her 20 month son just changed to size 4 recently at 25 pounds.  E is 19.5 so I imagine we'll be in 3s for awhile!

i second Amazon subscription.

my kid is beating me up today.
  • kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited April 2017
    We just moved up to 4s this weekend.  She is 23 lbs.  The 3s technically still fit but they're tight.  My friend has a Sept 2016 LO so I give her the opened diapers we have grown out of and she buys my lunch :D Ditto to @LDSJM123 - we usually move up a size far before the weight limit.
  • I have no idea how much Elise weighs, but if I was to guess she would be 16 pounds. I still have her in size 2s. I can't really attest to blow outs because we cloth diaper 90% of the time. 
  • We are in 4s..he is 21.5 pounds or so.. I started using a 5 at night...hes a chunk! Yeah you def cant go by weight on box.  If they start blowing out youll know its time for next size up.
  • We're in 4s, have been for about a month I think, maybe more. I tend to switch sizes when either blowouts become more frequent or when they leak at all. The Pampers 4s fit much more snugly than the Huggies 4s, which I thought was strange since they've been pretty consistent with the smaller sizes! I'd rather them be a little big than too small. He hasn't had a checkup in almost 2 months, but I'd guess he's 22-25 lbs maybe? 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Crap! I've still been using 3's but you're all making rethink purchasing any more in that size. I have probably 100 diapers left in that size. Maybe a bit more. I think you're right tho - time to step to 4 when those run out. Of all the brands I've tried, I prefer pampers. I agree with target's ban sales being pretty awesome. I've done some online shopping for convenience too. The deals are typically pretty good and saving a trip to the store can be worth a few more bucks. Easily lol!
  • Thank you ladies for your input! Size 4 just seemed so "big" to me...even though she's 8 months old *sigh*
  • My almost 19 lb baby wears size 3 and my 31 lb 3 year old wears size 4 at night. We used to buy LUVS (can't beat the price!) but now are buying Costco diapers. 
  • Baby J is 17 lbs and just switched into the size 3's. She does move into them before hitting the "eeoght maximum" on the previous size. We cloth diaper most of the time. It's just easier when we go to her grandparents to use disposables. I prefer luvs, but Huggies will do  I ended up doing a little weekly ad shopping and target had the box of diapers all on sale plus $10 back if you bought two. So I'll probably go buy two tomorrow. 
  • What is the difference between Pampers swaddlers and baby dry?  I know baby dry is cheaper (not by much) so I attribute that to less absorbancy- but the name implies more absorbancy?  And I guess for that matter..where do Pampers Cruisers fall into the mix?!  So many options!
  • We're at 17 lbs and still in size 3 here. Not super quick at putting weight on so I'm guessing we've got a little while before moving up yet
  • We are 20lbs and still in 3's but will be going into 4's during our next box. We cloth diaper 90% of the time but when he's been in a disposable, mainly at night, I've noticed they just don't hold like they used to.
  • @LDSJM123 AGREED. We have a small house and not a lot of storage, so keeping things put out of reach or safely away is about impossible, and there's not a place I can even gate off so if I don't keep my eyes on him for a few seconds he has managed to find the single worst things to get into his mouth. I'm a calligrapher and my desk is out in the main living area, so I had mindlessly thrown a small dried out chunk of ink in the little trash can by my desk...looked down ten seconds later and his mouth was black and ink was dripping everywhere because he got that thing straight into his mouth. Thankfully he didn't swallow the whole chunk, but I made him throw up twice anyways to be safe. I still can't believe how quickly he gets into stuff.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Agreed. C just discovers new things to pick up and put in her mouth. We have a shepherd mix and he sheds a lot. I turned around the other day to see her picking up a clump of his hair and putting it in her mouth. The next day we bought a roomba. Now we have a robot vacuum our house, something I never dreamed of having since I really don't mind if she has a little dog hair on her, but eating it, that's a no go!
  • Can I vent quick?? My best friend told me a few weeks ago she's pregnant with her first. At the time she told me she was at 9 weeks. First I scolded her a little for not waiting until she was "in the clear" but I am excited for her ... or I was. She is seriously relating EVERYTHING to being pregnant and it's driving me nuts! Hello! I just went through pregnancy, did you forget?? Everyone is different but she keeps telling me how her hormones have her in such an emotional state. I'm sure your moods are just that...a mood. You haven't even hit pregnancy hormones full force yet dear. And then she tells me she's wearing her mom's pants cause hers were getting tight from the baby...sorry but no. You're pants aren't fitting because you're eating everything using being pregnant as the excuse to eat. That's not baby yet...
    GAH. Anyone else have someone that acts like they're the first one to ever be pregnant?
  • Closest thing we have to a word is dada, which he says pretty often but I don't know that he knows what it means. I'm looking forward to more words, he definitely pays attention!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • I get "dada" all the time and she definitely has no idea what it means since she hasn't seen him since she was 3 months old :-\ ...hopefully we will fix that soon but someone screwed up his paperwork and now his return date is pushed back for a few more weeks probably :(
  • Yea is Elijah's favorite too!!!!
  • Anybody else have a baby who likes to hump a lot of things?