November 2016 Moms

Mom Wins

Sometimes we need to celebrate the little victories. What's something you've succeeded at recently? Whether it's getting in a long relaxing shower, going on a date night, or just plain winning at this mom thing- we want to help you to celebrate your victory!

Re: Mom Wins

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsmoose5 same thing happened when I took B to FL last month. He went down relatively easily and slept like a log every single night even though he would start in a travel bed on my parents bed and get transferred to a pack n play (both were new sleep environments). 
  • @mrsmoose5 & @kvruns That is super encouraging! We will be traveling with LO at the end of the month. I am most nervous about the sleep situation.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Not LO related but still a mom win. Our two year old got up last night, used the toilet and tucked herself back in. Scared the crap out of us momentarily but was super awesome!
    Yes!!! Victory!!! Haha I felt the same when my 4 year old finally did it. I'm impressed yours is only 2!
  • tvh1982 said:
    I dropped my LO off at my mums for the night and got a proper night sleep. 
    Oh my gosh I'm jealous!!
  • ZoeFer said:
    H and I were able to finish a movie last night, it is the first time I could finish the movie without LO waking up or me falling asleep :)
    I don't think this will ever happen for me. I always fall asleep during movies, even before LO.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @tvh1982 nail polish?! What is this foreign thing you speak of?! 
    That is a huge mom win. 
  • kristah2 said:
    @tvh1982 nail polish?! What is this foreign thing you speak of?! 
    That is a huge mom win. 
    It definitely is...although i forgot it looks horrible after a while...but when has one got time to take it off?
    Guess if I wait long enough it'll all be gone :open_mouth:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I got to work at 7:30am this morning - which is when I used to always get here pre-baby. And I stopped for breakfast (ok that part isn't a win...).
  • Love this thread!

We're EBF but we've been using a nipple shield since LO was born. The last 3-4 weeks I've been randomly trying to go without it, and increased attempts more this past week. Today we only used it maybe twice! Love my girl! :kissing_closed_eyes:
    This is amazing and SUCH a big deal! Those shields are a life saver but also a real big PITA. I'm in the same boat except I'm so traumatized from the absolute destruction M caused that I'm way too chicken to try it. Way to go lady!
  • mrsmoose5 said:
    Both kids napping ... AT THE SAME TIME.  :):):)
    That is a huge win!!