September 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thurs 3/30

13»

Re: UO Thurs 3/30

• Options
    @iheartichi They have spicy or a not spicy option. The spicy isn't super spicy at all, but it does do weird things to DH's insides. I don't know if that's because of the spice or because of the fast food though. Obviously I get the spicy. Otherwise why bother? Might as well go to KFC at that point. I've never heard of Bojangles but their menu looks similar-ish.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kaylaakosuakaylaakosua member
    edited March 2017
    @wyomama0427 @bridge-and-wall Those are called Rockets here! These are our delicious Smarties:
    You guys also don't have ketchup chips or all dressed chips there I think! My cousin in Ohio stocks up every time she visits. Lol
    Yessss! FI comes up here for Tim Hortons timbits ( I'm from Tim Hortons homecity), ketchup chips, all dressed chips, coffee crisp, poutine, peameal bacon and so you know their cream soda isn't pink? it's cream coloured. He had no idea what I was talking about. 

I don't like ketchup normally but ketchup chips are amazing. If anyone wants to send their Reese Pieces to me message me on instagram (same username as here) and I will gladly take them off of your hands :) .

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    McDonald's coffee, chikfila? That just sounds horrible. I also don't like Dunkin. 

If I'm going to have coffee, I'm going to make it myself with a French press or I'm going some where good, like a local coffee shop and Peets. I'll also drink Starbucks in a pinch, but I'd rather not.
  • Options
    labby18labby18 member
    edited March 2017
    @mrsmarygs
    ooooo. do you work at PCC?

eta: not to be creepy or anything haha. i know there's a Drowsy Poet Coffee shop right by there <3<3
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs What IS that? It looks delicious.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @labby18 Haha, yes I do. I figured people would figure out were I work because I said in an earlier thread that I proofed Christian homeschool material. There's like two places that publish this kind of curriculum. Plus, I think my id card is in all of my bump pictures. 
    I love Drowsy Poet coffee! The one next to the college is run mainly by high schoolers and college kids. Do y'all have one down your area? I know there's one in Gulf Breeze on the beach.

@HollyGolightly09 It's a strawberry smoothie. AKA heaven on earth.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs I haven't been to the one on the beach in GB (I live in Gulf Breeze), but I usually go to the one off Navy Blvd. They opened it late last year I think. I venture to base frequently and I work the downtown ish area (near McGuires). I also go to Bagel Heads here off Gregory, it is literally 2minutes from work and they have a pick up window if you call ahead <3<3 
  • Options
    mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    @labby18 Oh I didn't know they had a Drowsy way over there. I know they have one on Brent (the PCC one), a drive thru on Airport, and one somewhere on the beach (Innerlight??). But I don't venture toward base very often. My DH used to be a youth pastor for a church near Mobile Hwy/Saufley Field/Cerny Rd area, so we had a lot of navy personnel that would come to our church. But I still don't know the area well.
    Oh goodness, that Bagelheads is amazing! In college I used to get brunch there on the way to the beach.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs yeah it used to be an eye glasses place, it's across from the taco bell. i love bagel heads, it's pricey but oh my is it DEEELISHHH. 
  • Options
    -snip-
    Hahaha I use those awful outfits and make sure DS is extra-messy that day so I can be like, "what can ya do? Kids will be kids. I'll never be able to get that stain out," to the gift-giver and then never use the outfit again. I'll wash it, get the stain out, then donate it to a woman's crisis type shelter. 
    @Becky012016 That is evil and genius, and I'm going to do it. :naughty:

• Options
    @bridge-and-wall Yeahhh, I'm usually very chill and low-key, but when a stranger randomly questions my personal business/parenting in public, I'm all

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Megane15
    Ahh yes! My family has been going to the OBX since forever!! We go to to Corolla typically tho (Which includes a drive thru Duck)!! 
  • Options
    @labby18 Love Corolla!  We havent been down the last two years, and probably not this year either, but i'm hoping to bring the LO on their first vacation there next Summer!
  • Options
    @labby18 I never went to OBX before I was an adult. I guess growing up in VB it was too much like OBX to travel 2+ hours. I love it now, but never get down there. Jersey Shore is so much like OBX as well. I can't get away from the Atlantic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Megane15 said:
    This is the post that inspired me to finally join in.  OMG I am OBSESSED with Duck Donuts!! We vacation in Duck in the OBX most years and we have donuts from Duck Donuts every morning.  One just opened up in Columbus, which is about an hour and a half from here but I don't care, I am so excited!  A partner here was in Columbus a few weeks ago and brought me one back and left it on my desk on a Monday morning and I legit cried I was so happy!
    @Megane15 As in Columbus, Ohio?  That's where I'm from! My family still lives there, and we go back several times a year. I love Columbus, it has so much more to offer than people give it credit for. 

• Options
    @wyomama0427  Daylight Donuts are so good! Suspiciously, every time we have one pop up around here, it burns down within 6 months and then another one appears. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I'm in the mood,  I love making donuts at home with a can of pilsbury biscuits. 
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos Yes! I'm from the Cleveland area.  They opened a Duck Donuts up a few months ago at Polaris.  I agree that Columbus (and Cleveland for that matter) doesn't get the credit that its due, I lived there for a while and just enjoyed the city so much!
  • Options
    @cmar1006 - my dad's side of the family is in Pittsburgh, PA so we all rent a house in the OBX they drive to our / my parent's house then we caravan down. It was like a stay-cation for us because its only 2 hrs away but it's not in VB. We like the OBX better than Sandbridge. It's so different now than it used to be. We've been going down to the OBX since the 80s when houses werent on top of each other and the wild horses were everywhere. 
  • Options
    @divinemsm620
    It was Dunkin's iced coffee actually that I wanted to throw out the car. :grimace:
  • Options
    @labby18 Fair enough! I played around with different flavors until I found the one I liked. And I do not think DD deserves anywhere near the popularity or amount of praise it gets.  :)
  • Options
    *snip*

My UO: red velvet cupcakes, cake, etc. - so, so overrated. 
    Red velvet.... UGHHHHHHH. A few years ago H had a really wretched stomach bug - and the last thing he ate was red velvet cake. He literally passed out hanging over the tub he was so sick. But he threw up EVERYWHERE. Tub. Sink. Toilet. Floor. And I had to clean it up, in our tiny bathroom, with no ventilation. 
  • Options
    @daphnemoon I agree with you. My pediatrician's office will not see patients who are not vaccinated. I love that policy. I respect everyone's right to chose but I just don't understand skipping vaccinations. 
  • Options
    So i'm always late to the party on these boards since I work overnights... but I opened it, read the first post, and then LOLd.... because (pic below)
    I will say these are my least favorite Reese's choice, but I love everything chocolate/PB. 
    Also @towntowns People are so annoying! 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20