October 2017 Moms

First Time Mom Check In (3/28)

2»

Re: First Time Mom Check In (3/28)

• @yasandson I can't believe I missed your question yesterday!

Unless your OB is concerned I wouldn't worry too much. Some people gain more at the beginning, some more at the end. It could just be the way your body responds to pregnancy.

With that being said, if you are concerned at all I would start by simply being mindful of what you are eating!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @yasandson I can't believe I missed your question yesterday!

Unless your OB is concerned I wouldn't worry too much. Some people gain more at the beginning, some more at the end. It could just be the way your body responds to pregnancy.

With that being said, if you are concerned at all I would start by simply being mindful of what you are eating!
    OB was a little concerned during last apt a month ago, because i also have high blood pressure, and she didnt believe me when i said i was mindful of what I eat lol. But she suggested to wait for our next apt april25th to see if weight has stabilized... I guess im just scared cause my mom gained around 70 pounds for both my sister and I. Hope there is no genetics involved lol
    Thanks for replying, i miss posts all the time
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 11w6d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Negative

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had my first ultrasound on Tuesday. Everything looks good. HB 143, nothing abnormal as far as the tech could see. I was also told I tested negative for everything including factor 5 woot woot!!

Rants/raves? Bought breakfast for a co-worker this morning because she had a bad fews days. Someone stile her wallet and maxed out one of her credit cards. I know this isn't something that never happens but it still makes me mad. The worst part is she thinks if was some people that her friends invited to her bf's house. Ugh.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope.

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself I've never broken a bone *knocks on wood*
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • feeislove That baby bison is giving me googly eyes!  <3
  • @keiraanne When I first saw it I thought it was a baby bison too. BUT according to google it's a baby musk ox. Whatever it is, it's so cute it hurts. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks today!

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Had some spotting that got sorta heavy while I was out on a four day trip- totally freaked me out! But I have an US scheduled for Monday to ease my mind.  :)

Rants/raves? This past 4 day trip was the trip from hell! I swear I was being punished for having such a relaxing vacation. Every flight we had an incident, I ended up writing 4 reports for this trip when this whole past year of flying I have only written 1! Just imagine doing 27 hours of flight time in 4 days (doesn't include ground time and sits in between) - I'm beat! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nurseries: yes? no? My SO has decided to make the move to DC instead of raising LO in MS like we originally planned. We're looking at apartments and homes trying to gauge what size would fit us best. Wondering how helpful a nursery has been to those who did it or if it wasn't used as much as planned. 

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself I can ride a unicycle and a giraffe (5 foot tall unicycle). In elementary school we actually performed at college basketball games and other events.

@tiff22ie I love how life works like that! That is going to be one special puppy and a great "big brother/sister" to LO. 

• @flyingfall DD stayed in our room until she was about 6 weeks or 8 weeks. I wanted to get her used to being in her own room before I went back to work. I mean, we didn't "trick out" her room in nursery decor or anything - rocker, bookcase, crib, dresser/changing table. We kept it simple and I liked her having her own room. Personally, I think it's helped her sleeping habits and helped keep DH and I's sleeping habits manageable :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tiff22ie  Sorry if this is huge, but this bra saved my life. I've been busty all my life. When i got pregnant, by week 5 was begging for a new bra. Now 13 weeks and my cup size has grown 2 sizes, and i don't see them stopping any time soon. Its from A Pea In the Pod. Sized S-M-L-XL. Pre pregnancy, I was a 34 D, and got the medium. Im well into an F cup now and the medium still fits great. Its stretchy so you can grow into it, and i personally think its way more supportive than the "regular" maternity/nursing bras. I have 3 of these, one in black, gray, & pink. The most comfortable bra ever! 

The down side of having my boobs grow so rapidly is NONE of my shirts fits me anymore. I've had to basically buy an entirely new wardrobe dedicated to the girls. Its quite annoying.
    \