October 2017 Moms

First Time Mom Check In (3/28)

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish :smile:

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: First Time Mom Check In (3/28)

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @JessDG I had two. A smallish one with work friends and then a larger one with family. Most of my family lives 3ish hours away so it was easier to do them separately and the small one was really just a brunch and then social time with 4-5 of us.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @emwj10187 how fun that we have that in common! Do you still sing now?
  • @VLillyV I gained 37# with my first.  I eventually got to 5# under my prepregnancy weight but when I stopped breastfeeding I gained 10# back and ended up 5# up from my previous prepregnancy for this pregnancy.

Weight gain and weight loss is soooooo variable between people
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JessDG I had planned on 1 (locally) but my family threw me a surprise one when we were on vacation together with a lot of family (I lived on the other half of the country from them at the time.)
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • food aversions - some come and go, some stay with you a long time after. 4 years ago with my daughter i got an aversion to chicken. i still stuffed it down my throat from time to time. but i really struggled with eating it for years after...until now. now i crave it?

weight gain - i am overweight so i actually didnt gain anything until 3rd trimester. and dropped back down relatively quickly. it all depends on your pregnancy, your BMI, lifestyle, etc. just try to stay in the "recommended" and you should be fine. just a warning your body will never be the same again. even if you get your weight back to normal asap. RIP kidless bodies. This pregnancy i am eating for an army. so i dont expect to be so lucky.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • emwj10187 I feel the same way. Normally I love my greens and veggies but the idea of eating fresh veggies kind of makes me gag. I want mac and cheese and "heartier" foods instead. 
  • How far along are you? Nine weeks tomorrow.

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Heightened sense of smell and the first appearance of "bacne."

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, none.

Rants/raves? I'm with you, JessDG. We may have to buy a second car but it's really not an expense I want to think about right now!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Maybe a weird question but how many of you are sleeping in a sports bra? I grew up being told it wasn't healthy to sleep in a bra, but with sore boobs, it really does help when I do sleep with one on. 

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourselfI have two completely different ears. One is my dad's ear and one is my mom's. My mom's is smaller and folded over at the top; my dad's is a bit larger and not folded. 
  • @emwj10187 I had strong aversions to vegetables and chili when I was pregnant with DS.  The aversion to veggies went away fairly quickly.  The chili did not.  It was so bad, even someone saying the word would send me running for the toilet.  Now, I *can* eat it, but I usually choose not to.

@VLillyV I gained 33 lbs with DS.  Losing the weight wasn't so difficult for me.  My son was born in mid-November and the weight was gone by Christmas.  My shape, though?  Never went back to the way it had been.  I never had a super flat stomach, but now it's always rounded.  
  • @VLillyV so DH says I gained about 30. I refused to look at the scale the entire pregnancy so I honestly don't know. But about a year after I had DD, I was in the best overall shape of my life (and I was a xc runner in college). If you commit to working out and eating healthy, the weight will come off. Breastfeeding, however, did not help me magically drop all the weight, as I felt like I had been led to believe. The weight came off when I finally said okay, I'm going to work out and eat right. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @beezeemarie lol I'l be a recovering vegan after this.  Glad to hear you're back at it :)

@soprano19 So fun that we have something in common :) Im still singing but not so much classical anymore. I left the opera world not long after i graduated. I've been doing theatre for a long time & i was singing in a band for a while. Although now that my pregnant, singing in the band was just too much. The late nights were killing me so i reluctantly left.  Every once and a while i'll get asked to sing in churches or for weddings/funerals. My favorite gig that i have is singing the National Anthem for events. I get asked to do that a lot. Even though i'm not doing opera anymore, I loved the traveling and experiences i had, and especially thankful for  the training. 
    \

• @emwj10187 to clarify, I'm a recovering vegetarian in that I now eat meat  ;)
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • How far along are you?  13 Weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Bye bye symptoms! :) I do not miss you!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had an appointment yesterday. It was great!

Rants/raves? I scheduled an appointment with a 3D/4D ultrasound place to find out the gender in a few weeks!! I'm really excited about it! :)

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself I love to garden. Watching plants grow from seeds, to flowering, to dying and coming back in the spring! It's amazing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 14w1d
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? this is my firs check in on this board) symptoms for now are sweatiness, fatigue, and bloating. 
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  My last apt was during week 12 for Harmony testing. Next one is only end of april :( lol

Rants/raves? I want a real buuuump!! Not a bluuump! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Should I be worried that i've gained a lot dueing first tri? 10 pounds already! I do not exercice at all, 5'7' and i am overweight :( BMI is 26

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself
    I dont have any family in Canada. Nor do I have any friends ( cut everybody off 3 yrs ago when i realized nobody was real) 
  • @bluejeanbabi05- thanks! I feel bad complaining about it all the time... but it's the only thing I can focus on right now and it needs to stttooooopppppp! lol

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I felt DS early. 14 or 15 weeks, I think. I remember talking to my doc about it at my 16 week appointment. It felt like someone was flicking me from the inside. 

I'm pretty sure I felt this one already, by fluke. I was writing an exam on Saturday and I was super hunched over the table. I felt the same flicking I did with DS. Three in a row and I haven't felt anything since.  I'm pretty sure it's because I was basically folded in half. Or I needed to fart, but I'd rather think it was babe ;-)
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I felt ds1 for the first time at 17 weeks.  It felt like I was holding a goldfish in my hand but on the inside.  Then I didn't feel again for another week and definitely not consistently until well after 20 weeks.  I had an anterior placenta though which makes it harder to feel early movement.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bluejeanbabi05 Not TMI - we're all ladies here! Haha... yeah I usually don't like it either, but lately when I get out of bed in the morning, they feel like dead weights. A supportive, pull-over sports bra really seems to help.
  • keiraanne said:
    bluejeanbabi05 Not TMI - we're all ladies here! Haha... yeah I usually don't like it either, but lately when I get out of bed in the morning, they feel like dead weights. A supportive, pull-over sports bra really seems to help.

Stuck in a box, but same here! Ive been sleeping with puma medium support sports bra for about 3 weeks. And i too usually wear nada but undies. No tmi lol
  • +1 for gaining too much weight in the first trimester. 10 lbs already and a couple weeks still to go. *sigh*

How far along are you?... 10w4d.

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?... I keep thinking my symptoms are going away. I have 2 or 3 days of feeling pretty good. Then, like today, the nausea comes back with a vengeance for 3 or 4 days.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?... I didn't check in last week but had my first prenatal last Friday with bloodwork done, but nothing exciting.

Rants/raves?... My work building is splitting and I found out today that I get to stay in my same location, keep approximately my same hours, and my same days (love my Tues thru Sat schedule). Also told my senior manager about the pregnancy and got a very good reaction, considering I won't be able to work the most important part of the year for us (I'll be on leave Oct thru Jan in the shipping industry! :# )

Questions for FTM, or STM+?...

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself... I used to play roller derby. Met my SO thru it too. My name was Absynthia Chase-her, lol.

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @bluejeanbabi05 I felt DD definitely at 17 weeks. I think I felt this LO a few times last week at 12 weeks, but I'm questioning it just because it seemed really early. However, if you don't feel anything for awhile, don't worry. A friend of mine didn't feel anything until 24 weeks. So there is a big range of what is normal.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • How far along are you? I should be 11+3, but doctor said baby is measuring a week behind. So who knows?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Oh my goodness the MS has gotten so bad. For weeks 6 through 9, I felt very nauseous half of each week, but felt mostly okay the other half. But last week and this week I've been dying. I actually puked out of my supervisor's car yesterday. I opened my mouth to tell her I wasn't feeling well, and it started to come up! She had to pull over super fast so I could open the door. So embarrassing :(

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had my first appointment with the doctor a few days ago. Baby wasn't cooperating with the Doppler, so I got to have an ultrasound! It was wonderful to see a healthy baby moving around in there.

Rants/raves? I am so unbelievably tired of this MS and fatigue. I talked to my mother last week, who informed me she had zero MS during both of her pregnancies. So not fair!!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not at this time. I appreciate reading the STM's responses to everyone's questions though!

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself I've developed three different allergies during my adult years. Bees, hazelnuts, and the adhesive on bandaids. The bee allergy is the only serious one (like requiring an epi pen), but the other two are fun as well :wink:
  • How far along are you? 13+2 today

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? No, everything is fading away actually, I'm feeling so much better! Also I keep forgetting to sign in here every week. Lol.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I won't have one until April 19th. LO would be 16 weeks by then.

Rants/raves? I hate constipation. But I am dealing with it and so far I'm lucky enough to have it under control. Thanks to all the other mommas who helped me with various tips as well. Also, I have formed a very firm bump now. It's a bit noticeable now to other people too. I guess it's because I'm too short so nothing left to squeeze into down there.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? About the weight gain topic, I don't seem to be gaining anything! I weigh the same in all my check ups so far, when did you mommas start gaining weight? Without including the baby's weight.

GTKY: Share 1 random fact about yourself I can't think of anything... Uhhm... I'm only 5 feet tall? :lol: seriously can't think of anything. Maybe I'll edit this when I do.
  • @lin1019 I mentioned this earlier but I had only gained 5 pounds at 20 weeks with DS. I don't think you need to worry at this point.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore