June 2017 Moms
Options

Tell Me Tuesday 3/28 GTKY

1. What is the last movie you saw?  Did you like it or not, why/why not?

2. It is karaoke night.  You HAVE to pick a song to sing.... What is it?!

3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tell Me Tuesday 3/28 GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladylolly89  YES MISO SOUP! Anytime!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Wino0920 awww Elvira reminds me of my grandma.  We got her this little dog speaker that hooked up to an ipod when she was in the hospital before she passed away and she played that song on repeat.  The poor nurses would even walk around singing it.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    1. X-Men Apocalypse. I enjoyed it, but I tend to enjoy most of the comic book movies

2. The only time you will find me on the karaoke stage is with the Mr and we sing Picture by Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock. It's intimidating because he's actually a singer and I can just get by.

3. I would eat pizza forever. Does anyone remember that Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity? I'm basically a fanatic like the copy-of-a-copy version of Doug. "I want PIZZA!!"

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    I can't remember the last movie I saw in the theatre, but the last movie I watched at home was Girl on the Train. I liked it. It was entertaining and I like movies with big twists in the plot. 

If I am singing karaoke you should know I've had waaaaay too much to drink and I should be given some greasy food, a ton of water, and put to bed.... but I guess if I had to choose I would probably make an ass out of myself trying to sing Whitney Houston I wanna dance with somebody. 

It would for sure be Mexican food. Probably california burritos or possibly even breakfast burritos. I'll just say burritos.
  • Options
    We watched Jason Bourne the other night.  It was ok.  All those movies are the same but I love me some Matt Damon.
    I am too self conscious to ever do karaoke in real life but I guess I would pick Helpless by k.d. lang.
    Too many to pick just one!!!  Maybe chips with unlimited guacamole and salsa and sour cream.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    @Wino0920 awww Elvira reminds me of my grandma.  We got her this little dog speaker that hooked up to an ipod when she was in the hospital before she passed away and she played that song on repeat.  The poor nurses would even walk around singing it.
    I love that story! I'm sorry to hear she passed though!

its a huge family song. My 3 year old walks around singing it! 
  • Options
    1. What is the last movie you saw?  Did you like it or not, why/why not? I watched Storks with my SS before we left for our Michigan trip last week, it was cute but I was expecting it to be a little funnier.

2. It is karaoke night.  You HAVE to pick a song to sing.... What is it?! I'm in the same boat with everyone else... if I'm doing karaoke I am WAY to drunk... but if I had to choose... Journey's Don't Stop

3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ahhh.... I don't even know, maybe chicken parmigiana? That's a hard one! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @berg Are you hiding in my apartment? Exact same movie watching scenario over here - failed with Independence Day Resurgence, entertained by Neighbors 2!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    bergberg member
    @c1tym0m22 that's hysterical!
  • Options
    1. I cant remember the last time I went to the movies. It was probably before DD was born. At home the last movie I watched was Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. It was wonderfully terrible. 

2. Yellow Submarine by The Beatles

3. I'm on the sushi bandwagon.
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC, try Chili's chips and salsa with ranch. Like dip it in salsa then ranch. Life changing. True fat girl tip.

@berg, the song is stuck in my head today.
  • Options
    Beauty and the Beast in the theater, and Beauty and the Beast (animated) at home. I've watched so much of it that I am about ready to tell my almost 3yo we've lost the movie.

Spice Girls

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and blackberry cobbler a la mode
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not a huge movie watcher - I prefer TV! So the last one I rented was Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling. I liked it because Ryan Gosling. I didn't like it because I prefer happy endings and this one did not have one. Plus, it was just a depressing movie.

I would never do karaoke sober but if I did: Fergalicious by Fergie - I am proud of how well I can sing the rap in it, lol!

Pizza

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    Trolls. Trolls is currently on repeat in the car here. I do embarrass my children by singing the songs very loudly. 

Something by NSYNC or BSB. Relieve my youth haha. 

Sandwiches. You can put anything in a sandwich so I'd never be bored! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    Sing and I thought it was really cute. Last movie for myself, Beauty and the Beast and I loved it. I am a huge childhood Belle fan.

Living on a Prayer because it seems to fit life some days. There are days that when it hits night I am just glad I made it through LOL

Peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches. PB is my favorite food. So simple, but so good

• Options
    I saw Beauty and the Beast at the movie theater when I was in AZ last week. My mom put on Spy one day and I mostly watched it and the kids I babysat yesterday put on Moana and I saw like a 1/4 of it. Beauty and the Beast was good! I'm not a fan of new things added to re-makes but I think they did a great job with minimal additions. Spy was ok, wouldn't watch it again. I didn't pay enough attention to Moana to have an opinion. 
    Like most of the rest of you, I have to be pretty drunk to do karaoke. But I would do a P!nk song or maybe Journey. 
    Mac N Cheese. My grammie's recipe, only if we don't mess it up! My mom and I made it last week and it was awful. Ooops. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. What is the last movie you saw?  Did you like it or not, why/why not? DH and I went and say John Wick Chapter 2 this past weekend. I thought it was good.

2. It is karaoke night.  You HAVE to pick a song to sing.... What is it?! No way I am singing by myself, so it would be Wannabe - Spice Girls, so I could drag my girlfriends up there with me.

3. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sweet Potatoes. Yum! 
  • Options
    Up - we are watching as many Disney movies as possible to prep the kids for the trip in 2.5 weeks.  and OF COURSE I liked it.  It's one of my favorite Disney movies - I love Dug and Mr. Fredrickson, and Russell....even though the beginning is super sad.

Oh geez, this is tough.  It would probably be some Queen song, or some other fun 80s song.  Maybe Fat Bottomed Girls, or Bicycle (my 2 favorite Queen songs).

Steak, in any form.  I love meat.  Or maybe raviolis.  Or....this one is hard.  I love food too much to pick just 1 meal....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    huskermom14huskermom14 member
    edited March 2017

In theatres it was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I absolutely loved it and wanted to stay for the next showing.
    At home it was The Rookie. I'm such a sucker for a good baseball movie. @Stankonia2014, I cannot get enough of A League of Their Own. It's just so good. And THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!

Don't Stop Believin', Wannabe, Baby One More Time, I Want it That Way... the possibilities are endless

Pasta, garlic rolls and the cinnamon sugar breadsticks from Valentinos. Sorry non-Nebraska people for you not knowing what they are. Trust me, they're delicious. 
  • Options
    @huskermom14 mmmmm Valentino's. But only some locations! 
  • Options
    tjvantjvan member
    1. My husband and I watched that step dad movie with Mark Walberg and Will Ferrell last week through Amazon prime. It was okay. In theaters, the last movie we saw was Deepwater Horizon. We both spend a lot of time on offshore platforms, so it was pretty intense!
    2. I have a terrible voice but enjoy some karaoke... I'll often do Sublime or Queen, or my husband and I have a famous duet of Alanis Morsette's You Oughta Know.
    3. Pizza. I'm a pizzaholic.