October 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest | 3.27.17

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest | 3.27.17

• @tyannejohn Is there someone else in the program you can talk to? I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't like that one of their reps was discouraging someone from joining...
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I called the university I am attending at the moment to get a plan of action as I will be finishing my nursing pre-req's this semester and get a plan on going back and finishing after baby gets here (I'm finishing nursing school or I'll die trying) and they were totally rude and was like well with a small baby this program is extremely rigorous and you spend all of your time studying. And they told me that I would need to wait a while or find another option. Like who are you to tell me what I can and can't do? So I called the Junior College here they offers an RN program but it's an associates degree, and they were so nice and understanding and was like most of the people we have in our program are kind to young babies and we all make it work. I'm just so irritated because I want my BSN but if they are going to be like this I'll transfer to the JuCo and finish my RN and still be able to spend plenty of time with. Any and have a support system through the school as well as family. UGH!
    That is so frustrating! When I was in grad school, one of the girls in my class got pregnant with twins and they basically told her the same thing. She took a semester off, came back, and finished with the rest of us. It was a super rigorous program, too - I actually lied by omission because if you have a full time course load you weren't supposed to keep a full time job, too. I just never told them I took a full time job. Funny how the semester that I had a full time class load, full time job and a part time job, I pulled a perfect 4.0. Some people just do well under stress/time constraints.

I would just keep my options open. Only you know your capabilities. If you know you can handle it, then press forward. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Major props to you @tyannejohn for wanting to finish your degree.  I remember being in awe of girls who had babies during school and then went on to finish.  They usually kicked all of our a$$es and had twice as much on their plate.

• @tyannejohn don't give up on what you want to do in the long run!!! I can tell you that a girlfriend of mine went to a Junior College to get her RN and after working a few years she actually just finished her BSN through an online program in just over 12months while working full time, raising a 3 year old and becoming pregnant. She loved it so much that she's thinking of going for her Master's when her new little one gets a bit older. You've got this girl!!
  • You know what puts me in a great 'ol mood? Amazon Prime has free music playlists and I happened to crank up the 90's Pop Station this afternoon.

I mean, seriously. Crank up Celine Dion and It's All Coming Back to Me Now and tell me you don't instantly feel like a superstar. My only regret is that there are too many people around me right now to full-on burst out singing and dancing at the top of my lungs. **adding to my "home alone on maternity list must-do item"**

I have two playlists on my phone exclusively dedicated to 90s hits. No shame!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @keriflores this is me.  We spent 11 days on the lake, which I felt amazing and energized.  We came home yesterday and I just can't for the life of me find energy now. 

Well I guess it could also be from the fact that DD threw up all in our bed last night and then we had thunderstorms in the early AM so I'm working on little sleep today. 

• ksf13ksf13 member
    @mrs_fogue I got plenty of sleep, so I don't know what my deal is lol. I managed to do some dishes and laundry first thing this morning, but after that I was done. I've had a very unproductive Monday! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sjohns908sjohns908 member
    edited March 2017
    I didn't even think to check if there are any cases of Zika in Las Vegas. We got back last Monday and I had a damn bug bite on my leg. Looked it up this morning because for some reason, it just hit me this morning, and there have been a couple confirmed cases last year. I get that my chances of it are incredibly low, but it's not stopping me from stressing out until my OB appointment tomorrow
  • @carries2018 I really don't like that either! Everyone assumes I want a boy or even more annoying to me that DH wants a boy (which he really could care less). I've seen so many fun families with 3 girls I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed (plus I have so much girl stuff and pretty dresses I wouldn't mind reusing). I wouldn't mind a boy either but I don't like people assuming that we like have to have a boy...I'm perfectly content with my girls and wouldn't mind another one if that's how it went. 

• I called the university I am attending at the moment to get a plan of action as I will be finishing my nursing pre-req's this semester and get a plan on going back and finishing after baby gets here (I'm finishing nursing school or I'll die trying) and they were totally rude and was like well with a small baby this program is extremely rigorous and you spend all of your time studying. And they told me that I would need to wait a while or find another option. Like who are you to tell me what I can and can't do? So I called the Junior College here they offers an RN program but it's an associates degree, and they were so nice and understanding and was like most of the people we have in our program are kind to young babies and we all make it work. I'm just so irritated because I want my BSN but if they are going to be like this I'll transfer to the JuCo and finish my RN and still be able to spend plenty of time with. Any and have a support system through the school as well as family. UGH!
    So I'm doing my DNP right now and my professors have said they'd work with me. Screw them, if you want to do it, do it. I'd definitely go for the BSN though because a lot of places won't even hire associates degree nurses right now and if they do, it's with the promise you'll go back to complete the bachelor's degree within so many years. It will be hard, but if that's what you want to do you'll get through it!

• Cannot wait to move! We live on a dead end street (of town houses). So it is ver common for all the kids to be out playing in nice weather. Some of the kids across the street (a few brothers) are really obnoxious and I call them little Aladdin's. Their behavior isn't their fault. It is most certainly how they are raised. The parents never are out with them, and when they happen to glance out and see something they dont like, they scream at the kids so the entire neighborhood can hear them! I mean they even curse at their kids. It's awful. So much so that the cops were called on one of their sons (8 years old) because he refused to get in the house one day. Like made his dad chase him down the street. So the dad (who curses at the son) called the cops on his own son. Parenting at its finest, friends. Now, don't get me wrong. We actually live in a decent neighborhood with great schools, but man oh man if only you could pick your neighbors. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• I have to take a 2 day class just to learn how to chart in the system I use already as a nurse but as a provider for clinicals. Like I will literally be in clinicals for 8 hours a week for 4 weeks and I have to take 12 hours worth of class to chart even though I highly doubt I'll be charting yet at all during this experience. DH had to take 2 days off of work to watch the kids. It's a PITA

• Thank y'all so much for the support. I'm just going to weigh my options. I feel like maybe transferring back to the junior college may be my best option because during the week it's more flexible and I can do clinicals on Saturday, which means it would be easier for a family memeber to watch LO. I'll keep y'all posted on everything!
  • Every weekend I convince myself that I won't let this one coworker bully me around anymore or that at least it can't get worse. And every Monday I wish it was Friday because I realize that I was being dumb over the weekend. I hate her more every week. I like my job but I really wish she would leave. 
  • @ac1259 I'm hoping that maybe they will come around and work with me. After this semester I only have to take A&P 2 and my pathophysiology class. I just feel like it was rude because I had a friend from high school that went through the program and actually finished early. I know I can do it, it was just a little discouraging that the JuCo was more supportive than the University I'm already at. They made it seem like it was a burden that I was having a baby right now.