Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 27th

byrnemebyrneme member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Mommies to be:
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 boys!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 girl!
@JuliaAnn86 EDD 8/4/17 with 2 beans!
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with 1 bean!
@ChristinaV2015 EDD 8/5/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@Esperer EDD 8/6/17 with 2 beans!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 with 1 girl!
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with 1 bean!
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with 1 boy!
@oxinfree EDD 9/5/17 with 1 boy!
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with 1 girl!
@latershrader  EDD 9/12/17 with 1 boy!
@Kp214 EDD 9/25/17

QOTW: 
What one item on  your registry are you most looking forward to and why?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of March 27th

• byrnemebyrneme member
    edited March 2017
    Morning ladies! I'm 22w6d with one team green baby. I have nothing new and exciting to report and no appointments this week. I'm still smiling from last week's fetal echo :)

We put together our crib this weekend - allen wrenches are evil when you can only turn them a half-inch at a time! We also put in some shelving in the nursery closet which makes me happy!! Edited to include this (I have no idea how I forgot!) - I felt the baby kick (or likely somersault) from the outside on Friday night! What a crazy awesome feeling!

QOTW - this is a tough one. I think our monitor wins by a slight margin. We went the route of the video but also one you can connect to wi-fi so we can check in via our phones/iPad if we want.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi Everyone!! 20w1d with a little boy! It's been fun to be able to say I'm having a son. We're very excited! I got the two nursery quilts that we'll base things off of and a few clothing items (I love the little jeans!) yesterday with a friend. 
    Otherwise just feeling baby kick more and more now. The crazy appointment schedule is all done now - we'll get the full A/S results on April 10th. OB med has me continuing the baby aspirin until 8 weeks postpartum now - the MRI didn't show anything new after the two bad migraines with numbness/balance loss since getting pregnant, just the spot from a previous TIA when I was younger, so they said better safe than sorry with how bad they are, having had a TIA and that they seem to be caused by hormones. 

QOTW: 
    What one item on  your registry are you most looking forward to and why? I dont know - I was excited about the chair and stroller but I already got those hehe. I do like the Activity Centre by Skip Hop I have on one registry - looks like fun to me so hopefully we get it and baby likes it hehe.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Due Sept 5 with 1 boy so 17 weeks now! I've been super sick the last few days. I don't know if it was the stomach flu or something I ate but finally seem to be on the mend thank goodness. It was rough, but its funny because Eric keeps asking if I feel better and because I've been super nauseous as well the last week just with "morning" sickness so I'm like... kind of!? It's really hard to tell, but food is going down and making me feel better not worse so I guess we're in the clear haha. Obviously this had me super worried about baby boy so doppler has been my life saver last few days to check in on him. Every now and again he gives me a kick to let me know he's okay too so that's good. Working on getting in with the midwives so I can deliver at the hospital I like, but haven't heard back. I feel like I'll get declined because of lovenox but worth a shot. Otherwise may try an OB through one of the practices. Just love my OB so much, ugh! Anyone else concerned with hospitals, or are most of you just delivering wherever your OB delivers and leaving it at that?

@byrneme yay for putting together the crib! I can't wait to get into our new place and do the same! :) (but yes, allen wrenches are no fun sometimes haha). 

@JWatt5 so excited you're having a boy! Did pup enjoy his cake reveal? :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Hi all. Due Sept 12 with one boy and am 15+6 today. All is well, although I've had some headaches lately. Also nasal congestion. My skin may be clearing up (i've said this before and been wrong though). I felt a very light flutter of movement last week, but I'm not even sure if it was him. I saw my OB today and she said I will probably not feel him until closer to 20 weeks. But she found the hb right away, so that was comforting. She said the headaches are normal and to keep an eye on my blood pressure. She also cleared me for my 2 upcoming trips, one to Panama City Florida for my 40th birthday girls trip. And then a work trip to Santa Monica in May. So that's good! I'm Dr appt free until the end of April.
    This weekend we (my mom & I of course) went shopping again. We bought baby boy's first Easter outfit for next year. I also found a few room decor items at Hobby Lobby. So cute! I am in the middle of picking out paint colors. Hoping DH & his brother will be able to knock that out in an upcoming weekend soon.
    QOTW: I'm really looking forward to getting the crib. I picked out the only navy blue crib they had in Buy Buy Baby. It's exactly what I wanted. The other item is the Halo bassinet. I am hoping that saves me some sleep when he arrives. Maybe a pipe dream but we'll see!

@oxinfree I'm sorry you're sick but glad to hear you're on the mend!

@JWatt5 My MFM told me that I should stop baby asprin at 36 weeks. They want it out of my system before delivery due to the blood thinning affects. Do you know why your Dr said to stay on until 8 weeks pp?

@byrneme I am not looking forward to having to use an allen wrench again. Bad flashbacks to my Ikea days. Which video monitor did you choose?
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• 16 weeks 3 days over here with a little girl! @latershrader @oxinfree I am so jealous yall are feeling movements already??? And kicks?? There have been a couple times i thought I had flutters but it was too high up to be the baby I think. I haven't been able to feel her despite having a posterior placenta...maybe in a week or two. 

I have 3 1/2 weeks until our next appt, which will be for 20 weeks- but we won't get an anatomy scan until 24. The next few weekends I have trips planned which I am super excited about and cautiously optimistic I will feel great. 

I've been hoping for a "boring" second trimester and so far, so good...

QOTW: I think I am most looking forward to the stroller, carseat and travel crib (that we will be using for the first few months, in our room)- those are big ticket items that will make it feel a lot more "real" I think.
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Hi ladies. 23w3d with my baby boy! I have my fetal echo this Friday and I'm excited to see him again! SO has yet to get all of his work stuff moved in to the garage and I'm getting anxious to start the nursery. We are so busy the next few weekends I don't know when I'll get to start. I thought a lot this past week about what classes to take and decided not to take birthing or breastfeeding classes. I like the hypnobirthing method so I plan on buying the book and dvd for overview and tips and calling it a day. I'm not sure of the reason, but very much the opposite of how I've felt till this point, I have no fears or worries about labor, birth, breastfeeding, or anything else that comes after, and neither does SO. I just can't wait to experience it all, including the pain & exhaustion  :o

QOTW: It's a toss up between the bugaboo donkey stroller and the cloth diaper service. I love the stroller and am  really looking forward to the convenience of using a cloth diaper service. They are the 2 most expensive and it would be amazing to have them gifted to us. But either way, I'm excited for both!

@oxinfree Sorry you were sick, hopefully whatever it was is gone for good. The hospital has always been a huge concern for me. There are at least 15 hospitals closer to me than the one I chose, and I had to give up my OB to deliver there. I chose my medical group and doctors based on the ability to deliver at my desired hospital. 

• Oh, also, I'm getting huge! I posted this on the bump pics thread but wanted to share here too. These pics were taken 8 days apart, which doesn't seem real. Plus I'm 16w3d now, so I'm even bigger. 

***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited March 2017
    @oxinfree - he loved it haha. It was hard to get him to stop eating it (it was big). I loved the video though when he finally looks up and his white chin was blue! Hope you are feeling better!!!!

@omarismyhomeboy  - I didn't feel anything until the end of 18 weeks...and then it was here and there. Now, 20 weeks, I feel him regularly!

@latershrader - Woohoo - sounds like a great 40th bday!!  As for the aspirin, they are using it for it's blood thinning purpose as I've been considered at risk for another TIA/mini stroke due to the severity of the migraines that seem to be magnified by these hormones (the one in January was scary enough they did the MRI). He said that I need to anticipate a migraine or two after birth since our hormones fluctuate a lot afterwards, which is the cause. He also said it could reduce the effects of preeclampsia (should it happen). He said it won't hurt anything and it's better safe than sorry since it's easy to take. 
    edited to add - I should mention that the aspirin I only started taking at 10 weeks - strictly because of migraines so I think since it's a different reason than fertility maybe that's why I'm staying on it - pros outweighs to cons???
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• OMG @omarismyhomeboy I'm so jealous! I'm almost 7 weeks ahead of you and have less of a bump! I look today what you look like at 14 - please share :wink: You look great!

@latershrader , we went with this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VC558JA/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=3HBPWVTHXO0S&coliid=I1XN37A5N5A7HZ&vs=1&th=1 

*** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme I love putting things together! It's my favorite part.  :)

@JWatt5 so glad to hear the MRI didn't show anything new! That's awesome news.

@oxinfree good luck with the search! I hate how much of a hassle things can be sometimes. 

@latershrader Are you flying? I flew for the first time and had some issues adjusting to pressure when landing. Just something to keep an eye on. I needed to take it slow getting off the plane.

@omarismyhomeboy I feel you on the getting huge! I've really popped even more this past month. I'm actually measuring at 22 inches for my fundal measurements even though I was 20 weeks.

AFM, still waiting to feel what I can clearly say is the baby. I think I might have felt her a few times, but it's hard to tell. She wasn't moving around a lot on the ultrasound, so she might just be chilling most of the time. I think my face acne is clearing up, but it's hard to tell. Otherwise feeling pretty good! 

We did start to look at pediatricians. It feels so early though.

QOTW - I'm not really looking forward to one thing right now. More just having everything set up and ready.  :)
  • I'm 22 weeks with a little girl. My next appointment isn't til April 3rd with my OB. I've been feeling a lot more movement lately which has been reassuring. She woke me up the other night kicking...that was fun! My husband is working on the nursery this week so hopefully by tomorrow it will be painted, then he is putting in new moldings and then the crib just has to be put together/room arranged. Im working on the baby shower invites this week that I downloaded from Etsy, just need to edit and send them to Shutterfly.

QOTW: It's a silly thing but I'm most excited to get our bottles system we registered for. It's called Kiinde. It's a pouch like bottle that you pump directly into. No pouring, no chance of cross contamination and very few parts. I plan to breastfeed but I will need an easy system for going back to work. 

@jwatt5 Congrats on finding out you're having a little boy! So exciting! 

@oxinfree I was most concerned with finding an OB I felt comfortable with. Honestly I can't even count the # I've been to over the years that were awful. My OB came highly recommended from my RE and I just adore him and his staff. I'm delivering at a smaller hospital. We have several large medical centers with NICU's in close proximity but all of them felt very sterile, had high c-section rates and weren't very welcoming. Our smaller hospital will still allow me to have a natural birth,access to a tub if I want and also have access to nicu nurse if the baby needs to be transferred.

@micronesianmamma check out the book mindful birthing. It's not a hypnobirthing book but it focuses on utilizing meditation techniques. Super awesome book. 
  • Thanks @ARB425 I'll check out the book. And I also registered for the Kiinde system. Super excited about it too. I plan to BF but also pump so that SO gets to help out with some feedings and bond. It will also be great for when I return to work.
  • @micronesianmamma that's our plan too. The plan is for him to take 1 feeding during the night and then help as needed. Plus I love that the bottle takes different nipples so if little one doesn't like that brand we can try another one without buying another bottle system. If you like Kiinde's Facebook page they have special offers sometimes on the bags. 
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    Hi!  I'm new. I'm 14 weeks today with a boy. My next appointment is 4/18. EDD is 9/25. I'm starting to improve as far as ms and tiredness goes; however, I'm having lots of strange dreams. Maybe I remember them because I'm waking up a lot. 

QOTW: I'm torn between the pack n play and the stroller travel system. I think the stroller is the one I'm most excited about. That will make it real to me. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Hi ladies! I'm 24+5 weeks with twins! We reached viability this week so I was obviously elated about that. I have an appointment tomm night for a sono and reg OB visit too. My mom is coming with me so that will be fun!
    My sciatica has been giving me HELL, worst pain in the world :grimace: but knowing it's happening bc they are growing and pressing on the nerve somehow makes it all okay! Strange mom mentality I guess lol 
    Still going to ask the doctor if there is anything I can do to ease the pain though. 

QOTW: I'm excited for ALL of it! I have been itching to start setting up my nursery! 
    My shower is a surprise (it made my mom happy), but I'm so horrible and always try to figure out when it is lol (I think it's this weekend! !!) But I have been creeping on my registry and watching things move to the purchased list! I check it daily  :p I'm like a kid on Christmas.

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @Colleen0516 congrats on viability!! I don't know how you can handle a surprise baby shower. I'm easy too much of a planner to handle it.
  • @colleen0516 I've had bad sciatica pain prior to getting pregnant so I've been very diligent about stretching everyday to avoid it. There are specific stretches to do that help unpinch the nerve, just google or search on Pinterest. You can also alternate Ice/heat. I'm sure if I wasn't stretching daily I would be laid up because mine tends to flare with weight gain. Hope you feel better soon!
    Yay for getting to viability! Oh a surprise shower, that sounds fun! I don't think my mom could convince me of that as I'm a bit of a control freak! 

• @Colleen0516 - yea for viability! Woot woot!

@kp214 - welcome! I've added you and your due date to the list.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi all,
    It's been a rough week! We went in to the hospital for a "quick scan" to check heartbeat and left 8 hours later, after 3 ultrasounds, and a long time strapped up to a heart monitor, and a different opinion from every doctor!
    The most specialised doctor in our local hospital was happy (after he came in especially to see me on his day off with his kids so I didn't have to wait till Wednesday - what a sweetheart!).
    Structurally her heart is perfect but the top atria are beating too closely together which means the bottom ventricles are pumping slower which is what's picked up on an audio scan. 
    He seemed relaxed and confident she is/will be fine but other doctors were still really worried as one reading of her heart was 56bpm, which would make the atria pumping below 100. 
    So the upshot is they have given me precautionary steroids so if something goes wrong her tiny lungs will be in a better position to cope and I have a referral to another city to see the national specialist. Fingers crossed that will be soon so we have some more clarity. 

I'm 25 weeks so technically viable but she is still nowhere close to being cooked! Survival rates might be high this early but long term social/physical/learning problems are very common. 

QOTW I don't have a registry (not common here) but we've been spooked into finally going to try car seats this weekend! 
  • @Nellin - oh my, how scary! I'm so glad that doc came in on their day off. How dedicated they must be and amazing of them to do! Glad they felt confident baby is fine but I'm so sorry you're now having to deal with the stress of seeing a specialist etc. I hope you have clarity soon too. Big hugs. 

@Colleen0516 - congrats on viability! :) Excited for you for your shower! 

@ARB425 thanks for your input my dear. That's nice to hear that your focus was on OB but seems you got lucky with hospital. I love love LOVE my OB but hate the hospital. Ugh. I'm waiting to hear back from a midwives group and a new OB. We'll see... I'm still torn regardless. 

I'm feeling "better", just back to my pre-illness pregnancy nausea. Good times. Made it out of the house to run a few errands today and my lovenox prescription wasn't called in like it was supposed to have been. Annoying. Now waiting to hear back from a nurse and just annoyed... maybe it's pregnancy hormones but I feel C-R-A-N-K-Y about it!!! Anyone else dealing with second trimester nausea? I can still eat fine but feel awful the whole day basically. Wondering when I'll feel back to my old self, or closer to... The energy is back which just makes me feel stir crazy since I don't feel well enough to do hardly anything. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @Nellin So scary!! Glad the specialist came in to look things over so that you didn't have to wait or come back. That was really sweet! 

@oxinfree I'm not much help, but one of the third trimester ladies had morning sickness all through the second trimester. Not sure if she still having it or not. Most people say it tapers off.
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @oxinfree I'm with you on the second trimester nausea. Thought it was getting better but today was bad. I'm sorry you're feeling bad. 
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• @nellin how scary! I'm so glad that they were able to bring a specialist in to see you and start you on steroids as a precaution. Medical technology is truly amazing! I hope your follow up goes well. 

@oxinfree i definitely did get very lucky on my OB and hospital choice.  My area has lots of hospitals that are c-section/intervention happy so I tried to avoid those. What are your concerns with your OBs associated hospital? Maybe it can be worked out without switching providers. 

Are you eating frequently? I found that if I didn't eat every 3hours or so, I would feel so nauseous. I think my blood sugar was too low and as soon as I increased frequency of meals/snacks it has gone away. Hope that helps! 
  • Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited March 2017
    @nellin Oh my goodness, you must have been so scared. Glad the specialist wasn't overly concern and started taking precautions. Hoping the national specialist sheds more good news for you. 

@arb425 thank you! I will look them up! Anything to help 

My appointment today went well. Both babies are growing very well; Both are 1pound 11 ounces. My mom came with me but they weren't too cooperative (shocker lol); their positioning makes it hard to see them. We can never get a good picture.

She did an internal sono after my external bc she wanted a better look at my cervix. It is apparently shortening, but I don't know by how much. My OB didn't seem alarmed, he didnt even mention it- i had to ask if everything was okay (internal sono isn't a regular thing so I felt like something was up) He told me not to worry, he said the sono techs from the MFM office tend to over diagnosis that so he wants to wait and see what the MFM physcian says. I guess we will go from there. Next OB appt is schedule for 4/18 and the sono is dependent on what the MFM says. 
    My nesting instincts kicked in because of it (again!) lol everytime there is some minor hiccup- I go into "I need to prepare" mode. 
    While I know nothing is wrong, I instantly prepare for the what ifs. I now, more than ever, want my nursery painted and set up! 

Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• @Colleen0516 I've been told that the internal scan is a lot more accurate for measuring cervix length. 
    I also have a shortening cervix, but nobody seems too concerned about it (except me!). Apparently it's very rare here to stitch after viability but they may give me progesterone.

• @Nellin That must have been one scary 8hr dr's appt! I hope when you see the specialist you get some clear answers. 
    @omarismyhomeboy I am totally jealous of your bump! I am a plus size mama with my extra weight in my tummy, so I won't show for quite some time.
    @persnickity Thanks for the flying tip. My OB said to get up and walk around a bit too.
    @Kp214 Welcome!
    @Colleen0516 Yay for viability! Hope they stay cozy in that oven for a bit longer!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited March 2017
    @ARB425 - thanks hun. Ya I'm actually quite good about eating frequently, for me though, it's more like I just need to CONSTANTLY snack, which is tiring because I get sick of foods haha. Oh man. I dunno.
    @Kp214 - hope yours goes away soon too... though misery loves company ;) haha jk
    @persnickity - nooooo say it ain't so! I really hope I'm not one of those women who's sick the whole pregnancy but beginning to look that way. Ugh. Oh well. 

Question (and I may repost to general pregnant after IF board) but was anyone here on Lovenox during IVF and told to go off of it by 12 weeks or mid pregnancy? I saw a MFM who said there's no need for it, but she agreed to let me stay on until at least viability (she was even open to full term but said she'd take me off at 39 weeks and induce labor). I'd love to hear of others' experiences....
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @Nellin - awe man, I'm sorry you're going through that. It's great to hear you have really thoughtful doctors caring for you though - hopefully this is just a little bump in the road :)

@Colleen0516 - hopefully all is well for you - this seems quite common so far on the boards which is interesting so hopefully not something to worry too much about but I totally understand it would have you worry and kick your nesting in to gear - which could be a fun distraction until your next appt! I can't remember if it was posted before but do you have a nursery theme or ideas?

@oxinfree - Not on Lovenox but on the OB/Hospital. From the beginning I've been more about the hospital than OB. When I could go midwife, I based which midwife group on if they had privileges at that hospital. Once I had to leave them I said I'm staying with my choice hospital and if my OB had rounds there great (& she does but will only deliver my baby if shes on call that night/day) but I was more focused on the philosophy of the maternity wing amongst ALL the nurses/doctors and what the hospital offered. I'll be delivering at the university hospital in my area which also has an attached Sick Kids hospital. I got a sneak peak at being there during a miscarriage, which while sad, I can turn into a positive for this next experience. Delivery rooms are much nicer, birthing tub if I wanted, private shower in them, wonderful nurses, great OBs who are patient, much more like a midwife, and then the NICU/Sick Kids wing/specialists should it be needed (nice not to have to transfer hospitals). Looong story short, I've thought a lot about it, maybe too much, but I really want to be comfortable. I'm not worried about the pain (thanks Endo) or how this little guys comes out via vaginal or c section because it's all going to happen no matter what. I just want to feel taken care of, have things explained to me to be able to let me make informed decisions with my doctors. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Kp214Kp214 member
    Just in case anyone is dealing with heartburn/indigestion. Eating a banana helped me a lot after I ate dinner. Ive also read apples can help but haven't tested that one. 

@oxinfree lol. We can be miserable together! I hope it eases soon for both of us. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• I have been so tired and so hungry all week so far. Saturday afternoon I feel like I just hit a wall - Sunday I was up at 5am and was just starving. I'm sleeping right through the night right without having to pee but even with that I can't seem to get enough sleep. Luckily my mood has been great hehe
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Kp214Kp214 member
     @latershrader how is the congestion and headaches?  I like your idea of buying an easter outfit for next year.  I bet it's super cute. 

@Nellin and @Colleen0516 yay for viability!  I know that is a huge milestone and relief.
    TTC since 3/2014

• Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited March 2017
    @JWatt5 it doesn't seem common so I'm not stressing over it. My doctor didn't seem concerned so I'm not going to be concerned. I do pay more attention to the really low kicks these babies have been doing lately though. They are actually starting to hurt lol strong little ones. 
    I don't have theme for the nursery, just a color scheme. Being that the room is for big/girl, we are keeping it neutral, we are going with gray walls and white furniture. We got them the same bedding but one is white and pink and the other is white and blue. We're going to do light pink and light blue accents throughout the room. My husband is big into hockey, so I'm subtly putting some hockey stuff in there- but only things that blend with the color scheme and aren't overly hockey lol I found prints on Etsy tht have white backgrounds and are baby blue decals of a hockey net or hockey sticks. I can put them in the bookshelf or something.
    My Brothers girlfriend got a cricket machine so she is helping me make brother and sister signs that I wanted, I'm excited for those! 

when we split them, he will get a full on boys hockey room and she will get a girly girl room haha 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 - I bet you're feeling those kicks - I'm just got a little one at 20 weeks and already, I'm caught off guard by the wiggles and gentle kicks - you've got two older, strong little ones! The nursery sounds great! Etsy is awesome for nice prints - I found a few myself last night I like for our baby's room. It's awesome you get to mix boy and girl in one for the beginning - it would be a fun challenge. I'm glad you aren't stressing - you're totally right, if the doctors are jumping with concern then we don't need to either (or as best we can hehe). You've done so well through your pregnancy with every step based on what you've shared with us - you're almost there! 

@Kp214 - Sorry I missed your first post there! Welcome and congrats!! Travel systems are so exciting lol I'm was so excited about mine for some reason and bought it at 14 weeks hehe. And then DH put it together...I may wheel it around the house on a regular basis - gotta practice! hehe

While I know this won't last....I've been sleeping through the night, 4 nights in a row without having to get up to pee AND the constipation had let up. haha. I'm kinda pumped about it cause that's been really my only pregnancy complaint. Even if it's just for this one week...I'm a happy camper lol. My bump really moved up and out this week (hence the pressure taken off my bladder, until this little one grows a bit bigger). You can really tell I'm pregnant now.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 I too have been sleeping and it's GLORIOUS. This AM I slept all the way to my alarm for the first time in.. well, I can't even remember. It scared the **** out of me though! Yea for little wins :)

@Colleen0516 - I can't wait to see pics of the finished nursery! Gosh I love etsy - that's where we got our canvases for the nursery too. So much fun to pick out the little things like that! We have our painter coming the week before Easter - once that is done I can't wait to get the room in 'order'. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Oh my, I can't believe my name is at the top of the list and I only have a few more weeks in the second tri! I'm 25w5d and just got back from a warm and glorious babymoon in Palm Springs. It was so nice to be in warm weather and swim in the pool. I had a regular OB appointment last week before I left and baby is doing well with a strong heartbeat and good fluids and such. Next one is the glucose test at 28 weeks. I've been lucky and pretty symptom free in my second tri. Starting to see swelling in my feet which increased in the heat, so I'm not looking forward to that. Compression socks have really helped and saved me on my 6 hour flight! 

QOTW: What one item on  your registry are you most looking forward to and why?  I think the stroller, even though we will probably end up buying it ourselves. I love seeing all the moms in the city pushing their lo's around. 
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @JWatt5 thanks for the welcome!  I know when we get the travel system, I'll be pushing the stroller every day, just for fun. That's awesome that you slept through the night.  I hope that continues for you.
    TTC since 3/2014

• HI everyone.  Had my level 2 u/s today.  It was great timing to follow up with my elevated AFP.  And i'm happy to say that spine, brain, kidneys, intestines, lip and palate are all where they should be!  It was such a relief.  Plus, both we kind of just relaxing.  Baby boy was sucking his thumb and baby girl yawned.  Its amazing how much you can love them without even them even being here yet.

QOTW:  I don't really know what I'm looking forward to!   Once the nursery is set up, I would really like to having the bedding to complete everything.  

Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ddrgirlie Yay! I'm so glad your ultrasound went well! That's such awesome news! I'm glad they were both just relaxing and they were able to visualize everything!
  • @DDRGirlie yay!!! So happy you hadn't good news and a good sono!! :smile:
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**