November 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/27

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/27

• @jess0211 - I had this issue the last time through. I would advise purchasing a hand pump before the hospital and the sanitizing bags just to have in case you would have an immediate need for one. If you don't need it then you can always return it later. Mine was suggested to stimulate milk production and we stopped on our way home from the hospital. I had to mail order my real pump. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ASIVEC thanks that's a great idea!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    trying this for myself...

testing testing 

April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • jess0211 said:
    I just found out I can get a free pump through my insurance company but not until after baby is born. Because I won't already be super overwhelmed and will want to deal with that paperwork? Wtf?
    This happened to me with DD. Turns out she inherited my tiny mouth and was unable to nurse. The hospital gave me a hand pump which did nothing for me. I got super painfully engorged, had no bras that fit me, couldn't sleep at all the first night home due to the pain, got the pump asap the next day, and used it on the drive home to end the excruciating awfulness. That was dumb. If I had it to do over again, I would have asked to borrow a friend's pump for the hospital because I just wanted to feed my child and not be in that kind of pain. Ugh.
  • @SweetMelissa4 we watched last night and my H shut it off because it was freaking him out. I thought it was amazing, but it was a little terrifying too!
  • Btw you ladies who work out are making me die out of guilt. I'm overweight and my goal is not to put on more than 11-12 lbs this pregnancy. Don't worry I'm not going to diet, just eat healthy but I know excercise will be equally important and I'm just so dang tired and lazy. I need some motivation to get my ass out the door at least for a walk if nothing else. Officially ashamed of myself for not trying. 
  • @ShePersisted just wait for the energy boost in 2nd tri. It's not worth beating yourself up about it. I only do it because it makes me feel better and I can leave my kids in the awesome childcare at my gym. Win win
  • @heatherdubrow so true. Dropping him off for an hour and picking him up sleepy and ready for dinner/bed is one of my main gym motivators. 
  • @ShePersisted I totally bailed on my workout today if it makes you feel any better. I was miserable, tired, hungry etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @shepersisted The day's not over yet, but it's not looking good for my workout today either. I'm feeling like Io mein and netflix, personally :)
  • I know we have talked about exercising so much on this board, yet I find myself slightly terrified still to do ab workouts or when I do them I make myself feel guilty after. It's making me so anxious I think I may cut them out, at least until I talk to my doc. But I feel like a crazy person. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BayCamp all good choices! Paticularly the cheese sticks :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 I feel EXACTLY the same way. I went to yogalates today and skipped most of the ab stuff but did what wasn't actually crunches (like planks) but still felt guilty. The teacher knows I'm pregnant and was great about coming over and telling me not to do a twisting exercise coming up, etc but I don't think I'll be doing yogalates again, just sticking to barre. It was mostly ab exercises and pretty much anytime I did one I felt pressure/pulling/stretching resistance in my abdominal area which was just uncomfortable and made me not want to do it even more. It's the same discomfort I get when trying to crack my back with twisting, which I also don't do anymore.

• @BayCamp @hezzer78  @jess0211  Haha yes awesome I now feel perfectly less guilty about not working out. Ok well just a little. 
  • adirat said:
    I thought I was being overly sensitive because I've been so nauseated, but other people besides me also think there is a LOT of vomiting on TV recently! https://www.vulture.com/2017/03/projectile-vomit-why-is-everyone-on-tv-throwing-up.html

I almost sympathetically vomited watching Big Little Lies so I gettttt itttttt. Why is everybody throwing up? And could they please stop???
    Yes! Omg! I almost puked during that scene too! 

PS I'm so depressed that the next episode is the last one. I'm LOVING that show. Except for the puke.

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• @elsieisamoocow @adirat have you ready the book? So good! I love all of her books. 

• @jess0211 - That stinks about your insurance and the pump!  With both of mine, I have rented a hospital grade pump from a local baby store for the first 1-2 months.  It wasn't free, but it was worth it and I picked it up before I delivered each time.  Might be worth checking out if any local stores do this or even your hospital.  My hospital does as well, but they go fast.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I haven't! But now I really want to!

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• @elsieisamoocow it's really good! Seriously, if you want easy fun reads all of her books are great. They always have an unexpected plot twist, I usually read them in a day or two!

• jess0211 said:
    Is anyone else nervous for first U/S? It's a week away from tomorrow and I have all these mixed emotions of excitement, anxiety, fear, excitement lol and I can't seem to get DH to understand my crazy feelings. Anyone else?
    Yes! I felt the exact same way last week. A little paranoid actually. But everything was fine! I was relieved. I hope yours goes well! 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Random: My best friend has been TTC for more than a year. On Monday she found out her 2nd IUI didn't work and she's prepping for a third. I have been the only person she's talked to much about this. She knew we were trying but I haven't told her we're pregnant yet. I was so, so hoping she would hear good news Monday and I could tell her then but now... I just can't decide the best time to tell her.  She's so sad now.  Do I wait a week or two until right before her next IUI? If I wait much longer, it'll be her birthday and I don't want to ruin that or be the source of more disappointment/pain. 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kalenp I would probably wait a week or two. I'd tell her gently, emphasizing that you weren't sure of the right time to tell her your news, but wanted to make sure she was one of the first to know still. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• @DuchessOfCambridge good to know! I haven't been able to read much because of the toddler and exhaustion, but quick and easy I could probably do!

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• elsieisamoocow I was thinking I'd email or text to give her the ability to respond how she wants to in her own time. 
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kalenp I had a similar situation with a friend (DH's friend from HS who I've become close to) who just did her second round of IVF. I had to tell her I was pregnant for the second time since November. I kept emphasizing how much I was rooting for her and hoping we could be pregnant together. She knows about my loss too. Luckily she got her BFP and is due a week after me. I wish you luck. You never know what reaction you may get. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I'm wearing a dress that's a little form fitting and my bloat is like "IDGAF." I am a little overweight but the bloat combined with my belly is too much for this dress. Woops. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really want a pregnancy journal, does anyone have recommendations? I keep reading great reviews for The Belly Book but...it's ugly. Any other thoughts?

• @DuchessOfCambridge - Check out Tessera Publishing. I don't know if they have pregnancy journals, but I love the baby books I've gotten for my kids there. Pretty, high quality, etc.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ummm have you guys seen this site?! Love!!!
    https://princess-awesome.com/collections/infants

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH keeps telling me that he thinks I'm having a girl because girls take your energy, whereas boys government you strength.  
    In the past he's explained to to me as " girls take your beauty for themselves and boys don't need it" 
    Needless to say I'm a bit offended. 
  • @jess0211 OMG, that is the best. I want everything on there and a little girl to put it all on! If only we could afford it...
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20