March 2017 Moms

Re: Randoms! 3/27

• Options
    Ugh my DH said something like that the other day about how quickly this pregnancy has gone. He got the glare.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jenny0228 We have a crib and a cradle in our house, yet DS has spent all of his time in the Halo bassinet that someone happened to hand-me-down two weeks before his birth. Good investment, I think you'll love it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    @RunBooRun I did!! Hoping that's signaling the end for you!

@EnglishTeacherMama love that show!! I just finished Canada's Worst Driver on Netflix, which is kind of disturbing, but also hilarious.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    My son got the hiccups this morning and got mad, and has been crying nonstop for 2 hours now. He's a fuss budget anyway, but that's a new record for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to calm him down when he just won't stop crying? I don't care how weird they are. I've tried everything I can think of, including just letting him sit and cry alone for a while. The only thing that's ever worked in the past when he gets like this is having someone else hold him, but I'm home alone the vast majority of the time.
  • Options
    Cbeanz said:
    Enough with the nighttime grunting!!!

Right?? Whenever my girl is in my bed, she's silent and lays perfectly still. When she's in her bassinet, she grunts, wheezes, startles, and makes this little noise that reminds me of doves or puppy Lady crying in Lady and the Tramp.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My son got the hiccups this morning and got mad, and has been crying nonstop for 2 hours now. He's a fuss budget anyway, but that's a new record for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to calm him down when he just won't stop crying? I don't care how weird they are. I've tried everything I can think of, including just letting him sit and cry alone for a while. The only thing that's ever worked in the past when he gets like this is having someone else hold him, but I'm home alone the vast majority of the time.
    Hmm, hiccups could mean gas. Have you heard of the colic hold? I'll post a picture in a second....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited March 2017
    @ShannonJ96 have you read Happiest Baby on the Block? There are great tips in there to induce the calming reflex.
    Suck swaddle shush side position swing ...? It's been a long time since I read it.
  • Options
    @longliveregina
    I'll have to try the arm drape. He hates the colic curl and leg pumping. Sometimes the reverse colic curl will help for a minute or two, though earlier I tried that and he got quiet and gave me this really intense angry look and balled up his hands into fists. Am I a terrible mother for finding that a little funny?  :p
  • Options
    @EnglishTeacherMama Loving this show!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The little dude got his first chiropractic adjustment today. She mentioned his neck was tight (I figured, he's preferred one direction since being born) and that he might sleep and/or poop a lot today. Of course, instead he's been more awake than normal. I also got adjusted for the first time since delivery. I feel ten times better. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @Cbeanz Glad you're enjoying it!! It makes me want to bake things but LO doesn't sleep for long stretches. My sister very kindly made me scones so I could at least still reap the benefits of baking :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    @longliveregina
    Thanks for the tip. He calmed right down when I did the arm drape this morning. I told my fiance about it, and apparently that's what his dad used to always do with him when he had colic. That was kind of fun to learn.  :)
  • Options
    Holy witching hour, batman!  
  • Options
    @kjd291 I was just thinking the same thing.  Every single squish is adorable!!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My kids are the opposite. I feel like DS is a mini DH and DD is a mini me. He came out with no hair, my chin and DHs complexion. She was born with lots of dark hair (DS finally grew strawberry blonde hair) her fathers chin and my complexion. I'm interested to see if they look more similar as they get older .
  • Options
    My oldest 2 looked very similar when they were little. I have a picture of them both in snow suits in their car seats and outside of the fact one is in blue and one in pink I would swear it was the same baby. Last time I looked for the picture I couldn't find one of them. Wanted to put it aside to see if this new one looks the same. 

• Options
    All the pictures of the siblings are SO cute! It's crazy how similar some of them look!!

My random for this morning is the Bump randomly changed my username & I'm not sure how to change it back to my original one of just "serenity13"...I emailed them but has anyone else's changed out of the blue?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13-2 mine did that too! An entire name change! 
  • Options
    @kiyamurph wow they do look like the same baby. They are too adorable! 
  • Options
    @kjd291 Those cheeks! 
  • Options
    It's almost like your names were taken by someone else too and you got relegated to #2 :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy cup of coffee!  Hoping my little guy, who is rapidly growing to be not little, will give me a nap today. Yesterday he was fussy from 11 am until 9 pm.