1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 6w2d - 11/23/2017 Happy Thanksgiving!
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
Sore boobs, bloated, frequent urination, smell aversion. Week 4 - Right back/pelvis pain, hungry all the time, not sleeping. Week 5 - Left pelvis pain and slight nausea. Week 6 - ALL Day sickness
3. Upcoming appointments - First U/S 4/5. Will find out if there is 1 or 2 sweet peas in there!
OB appt 4/10 - my RE is out of town so I'm trying to get established someplace local as soon as possible.
1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 5 weeks 4 days & November 30th.
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? So far, I have mostly just been exhausted. I have never been a nap person, but have started to need a daily afternoon power nap to make it through the rest of my day, and have fallen asleep in my recliner while relaxing with my husband the past few nights and that has never happened before. I didn't know I could feel so tired! I have also been having the weirdest dreams of my life. And my boobs have been sore since I got the BFP, but that seems to be letting up a bit. They are definitely a little fuller too.
3. When is your next appointment? 4/3 is my first ultrasound. Hope everything looks good in there!
4. Anything else you'd like to share? Just that I am grateful for these boards. I felt so alone for such a long time and it has been so nice to connect with other women who are having similar experiences. Looking forward to hearing more about your journeys!
QOTW: The first trimester seems to be a bit stressful for most of us. What methods have you found to help deal with and manage your stress levels? Deep breathing has always been really helpful for me. I try to remind myself to take some deep breaths throughout the day, especially when I notice myself getting keyed up. I also tend to feel better after going for a walk or hitting the gym. Focusing on positive things and practicing gratitude has also been helpful to me.
Hi Ladies! I've been super MIA because work has been SO BUSY for me. I've been pulling 70 hr weeks lately, making up for a lot of the time I had off to do IVF. So I've just been exhausted. BUT HI. Glad to see everyone is doing well!!
1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?
12 weeks. October 13!
Headaches, exhaustion, aches and pains in my pelvis, emotional, weird shooting pains in my private area (sorry TMI).
3. When is your next appointment?
Monday - my first ob appointment. I last saw my RE at 9 weeks, so I'm anxious to see how things are going.
4. Anything else you'd like to share?
We are going to check out daycares on Monday... apparently you have to get on the list early in our town. I'm kind of nervous and excited at the same time. I'm also bummed that I will have to return to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave (6 is paid, 6 is unpaid..)
QOTW: The first trimester seems to be a bit stressful for most of us. What methods have you found to help deal with and manage your stress levels? *I feel like we may all have tips that others could utilize so I’m excited for this QOTW!
Trying to find time to decompress -- read a book, paint my nails, talk on the phone with a friend.
4w5d... December 6th!
Sore but fabulous boobs, lots of cramping, frequent peeing, hunger (possibly all in my mind) and slightly funny digestion. My cervix is super high and projecting... (possible TMI) there is no way DH & I could BD right now - has anyone else noticed this?
Not scheduled yet... if I haven't heard from them on Monday, I'm taking it into my own hands though!
I'm absolutely delighted to be joining you here
Like many others, I've had CP before, so I'm pretty tense about this working out. My doctor mentioned I should not let my blood-pressure elevate for the next couple of weeks just to be cautious... so I'm avoiding all the fun things I usually do to distract myself, consequently going more than a little nuts!
Sleeping seems to be the only trick I've got without resorting to exercise... I'm going to read back through your suggestions cause I am not succeeding right now!
4w2d December 8
my GI system is SO messed up (gas city!)! I'm constantly starving and having a little nausea if I go too long without eating. Boobs have been sore since we started progesterone before transfer, but they seem to get worse every day.
Not for 2.5 weeks!
After 1.5 years of BFNs I am over the moon to finally get to say I'm pregnant! I know there are still hurdles to get over, but now that we've had our two betas it's actually feeling real!
I'm not finding myself very stressed out, but I did start using a meditation app and doing yoga before bed. It probably doesn't hurt that the weather has been sunny since our first beta. Haha
1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 8-5. 11/8/17
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Exhaustion, nausea still (I told DH it just feels like I have a hangover in my stomach, all day, every day). I've also been craving greasy, carby food, probably because that's usually what gets rid of my stomach hangovers. And the aversions are kicking in... Usually I love a South Philly roast pork sandwich, but the other day when were about to grab a couple the thought of it just turned my stomach and I had to get a cheesesteak instead, and watching DH eat his was like, nauseating. And forget meat in the crock pot; the very thought of a roast right now just makes me gag.
3. When is your next appointment? End of April, though I'm supposed to have an NT scan I think through the high risk docs before then.
4. Anything else you'd like to share? It's so hard trying to figure out when and how to tell people. Dealing with family and big mouths and lack of filters and hurt feelings, it's just a nightmare. Why can't everyone just be happy for us and keep their mouths shut??
Also, I bought a turkey bacon cheddar wrap for lunch and was very excited about it, and then I'm sitting here and just remembered I can't eat it. Womp womp. I thought sushi would be the tough thing to give up; turns out remembering I'm not supposed to eat lunch meat is WAY harder, especially when I'm buying lunch before my morning coffee. I'm seriously considering just microwaving the stupid thing til it's basically molten and eating it anyway, or just taking out the turkey, because the pita wraps this place uses are magic.
QOTW: The first trimester seems to be a bit stressful for most of us. What methods have you found to help deal with and manage your stress levels? *I feel like we may all have tips that others could utilize so I’m excited for this QOTW! Exercise is a biggie for me. If I don't work out more than a couple days in a row, my stress levels get noticeably higher. Yoga lately hasn't been doing it for me; I think it's because I had to leave my (super-heated) studio, and the new place I found just isn't home, no matter how nice everyone is, but working out with my trainer is amazing. And I've noticed just saying no sometimes is wonderful for maintaining my sanity. Not to everything, but we always find ourselves doing a lot of stuff out of obligation; family parties, stuff for friends' kids, showers, etc, stuff we don't want to do but we feel like we have to. And I've found saying no to a selective third of it or so really helps me not freak out from being overwhelmed.
1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? I think almost 9 weeks? EDD 11/7?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nausea, terrible dry mouth and bad, bad taste, exhausted, peeing even more than normal at night--maybe 9-10 a night if I am sleeping at all. Hoping this congestion is just allergies
3. When is your next appointment? Wednesday. I have moved from cautiously optimistic to optimistic while still knowing something bad can happen.
4. Anything else you'd like to share? I have to go back to work FT in two months and have no idea how I am supposed to ever go back to work with an 18mo and a newborn.
QOTW: The first trimester seems to be a bit stressful for most of us. What methods have you found to help deal with and manage your stress levels? *I feel like we may all have tips that others could utilize so I’m excited for this QOTW! I'll need to take a pass on this one. Not finding much in the way of relaxing...too busy managing some intense MS.