June 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/24

Confession time ladies.  Not garaunteed flame free.

Sorry I'm not cool and don't know how to GIF.  Lame. 

Re: FFFC 3/24

• Options
    I can't take the name Willa seriously. First, baby names board drama awhile back. Second, did ANYONE read the Ramona Quimby books when they were younger (Willa Jean a.k.a. most annoying toddler ever). 
    I automatically assume people are joking when they put it on name lists. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFFC #1: I finally figured out how to change my avatar from the generic option. I did debate if I *should* change it at this point in the game for quite a while (and decided there's no time like the present!)

#2: I haven't pooped since Saturday. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    DH has been out of town all week and will get home tonight. I'm debating on whether I should make the house spotless so he comes home to a relaxing environment, or if I should let DD make a total mess today so that when he comes home he'll appreciate how hard it is without him around. 
  • Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    As we enter the third trimester I am getting more and more impatient for a facebook group to begin.  :o
    Same. It's so much easier. 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 my hang time here has dropped off because being mobile is so annoying and hard to keep up. 

My fffc: I'm currently laying in bed about to nap. After my workout. I did not shower. 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 I knew most people wanted to wait to the 3rd trimester/game time. I prefer Facebook as well. I'm always mobile and the mobile bump is... Annoying. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @awoodruff27 I get like that, too. I had myself convinced @kassyfry wasn't participating in here anymore because she moved on to the fb group. And I had been left out. 
  • Options
    @emeraldnc I'm there with you lady!  I've been feeling this way for the past week or two.  It takes every bit of self control that I have some days not to completely unload on someone at work.  Sometimes it's my hubs though.  I wanted to completely lose my mind last night because he was driving like an 89 year old man and I needed to pee really bad.  I yelled GOOOOOO at him when he was waiting to make a turn last night, I literally could have crawled across the street several times in the amount of time we sat there waiting to turn. 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 - Samesies.

FFFC - Haven't shaved my legs or lady bits in several months... just getting too hard and DH just has to deal.  Still figuring out how i'm going to get it done before the baby comes though.... don't want to go all 70's in front of the medical staff!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MotherofDragons and @awoodruff27 I get self conscious too.  I am just assuming one hasn't started yet haha I guess I could be wrong!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    edited March 2017

@EmeraldNC I'm feeling the same way!!!

The Mr fell asleep downstairs last night (near DD's open bedroom door) and kept her awake (and me via the baby monitor) all night with his damn allergy-induced coughing.

This morning I had no shame in resorting to name calling and telling him that he is sleeping upstairs and I'll sleep with DD if he's going to cough all night. 

He said thought he was being considerate... I thought he was being an ass

AND he's not coming with me to my U/S today to check my placenta previa?! GTFO. It's gonna be a long weekend...

• Options
    @Wearmi1 I feel ya, I really do..... It is bound to happen that I come across someone at the wrong place, and wrong time and lose my sh**.  I'm like a ticking time bomb.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    erinh84 said:
    I whored myself out last night for some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Sex is the last thing I want right now, but I told DH he'd get laid if he went to the grocery and got me some. Worth it.
    I love Ben and Jerry's  Tonight Dough flavor so much (don't tell whoever was on here taking about how you can't eat cookie dough ice cream pregnant a while back). 
    Wait, who did this? I want to flame them!  :cookie:
  • Options
    erinh84 said:
    I whored myself out last night for some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Sex is the last thing I want right now, but I told DH he'd get laid if he went to the grocery and got me some. Worth it.
    I love Ben and Jerry's  Tonight Dough flavor so much (don't tell whoever was on here taking about how you can't eat cookie dough ice cream pregnant a while back). 
    Wait, who did this? I want to flame them!  :cookie:
    Yeaaaaaa.... NO ONE is gonna keep me from my cookie dough ice cream.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember exactly. Also, true confessions, I lurk around the May and July bmb a fair amount, so it may not have even been here...
  • Options
    My kids watch way too much TV. I hate it but I don't really feel like I can do much about it. My youngest hates the snow and won't stay outside for more than 2 minutes. We go to an indoor play place almost every day for 2 hours so they do get run around time. It is so hard to occupy them with anything other than TV in the house (especially the youngest). Add to this that my husband (who is the one at home with them all day), is trying to study part of the day to pass his entrance exams for university and he Uber's a few hours at night to help pay off some debts before baby comes. This means he only sleeps about 4 hours a night and counts on a big nap during the day, which the youngest one takes but the oldest does not (so he watches TV). I feel like we are failing as parents. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    but my lady bits probably have cob webs on them at this point. 
    I just spit out my coffee. 
  • Options
    @krex-2 and @Wearmi1 we dtd last night for the first time in a long time. I wasn't in the mood, but he's going to training so I figured I should throw him a bone. After he said "thanks but you could have tried to fake it" yep he caught me, I was watching the big bang theory. O well. 
    OMFG...Best EVER!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    @krex-2 ha!  I dream about DTD all the time but my lady bits probably have cob webs on them at this point. 
    LOL - All I can picture now is Drop Dead Fred

• Options
    I am lucky that DH doesn't want it. I don't think I could give it to him anyway.  He doesn't find me unattractive or anything but he finds it weird to have sex this far along with baby girl moving around and such. I am totally okay with that.

I am totally milking my pregnancy at school.  Showing up 5 minutes before the bell, sitting in my rolling chair, taking my rolling chair to meetings. I am exhausted and can't move quickly BUT I might be able to do a little more than I am.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @lovesclimbing I guess for me I have a really good fb group with my Jan14 moms and i feel like we really were able to connect more and get to know each other better on fb.  I personally haven't had any negative experiences with them knowing my name etc.  I have met up with a few of the girls from the group and plan on doing more meet ups soon.  I do enjoy the bump, but I like the more intimate not so anonymous fb stuff too.  I can see your point though completely and realize it isn't for everyone.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    itsfine said:
    FSUNole31 said:
    As we enter the third trimester I am getting more and more impatient for a facebook group to begin.  :o
    My confession: I don't want an FB group. I like the anonymous nature of the forum. 

Also, this probably should go in UO, but I cannot understand how anyone can think an FB group is easier. I've been a part of FB groups. They are sooooooo much more difficult to use! On a forum, you can easily and quickly skim down all the recent threads and read the titles and decide what you want to read further. On FB, in order to find out what a thread is about, you have to read the whole post, or at least skim it. Most of the time, people are pretty good about making descriptive titles on here. It takes way more time on FB.

On the forum, you can easily see what you haven't read and what has new comments. On FB, you can the first time you go on, but if you have to leave the group page for some reason before you've read everything, when you come back, everything is marked as read.

FB is also more glitchy. For example, I've been on a group and clicked "more comments" to read an entire thread. If there's a lot of comments, sometimes (but not always) it will jump to a new page with all the comments, so when I go back, everything is marked as read and I don't know where I left off. 

I also can't understand people who don't want to share too much on here. This is an anonymous forum! I can't understand being ok with sharing personal information under your real name on a forum with people you don't know from across the country, but not being ok with sharing that same info anonymously. There's plenty of stuff I've posted on here that I would NEVER share under my real name on Facebook. 
    So I think I understand where you are coming from but nothing is ever truly anonymous. It wouldn't take much to track down who you are based on the info you needed to register. 
  • Options
    neludelu said:
    itsfine said:
    FSUNole31 said:
    My confession: I don't want an FB group. I like the anonymous nature of the forum. 

Also, this probably should go in UO, but I cannot understand how anyone can think an FB group is easier. I've been a part of FB groups. They are sooooooo much more difficult to use! On a forum, you can easily and quickly skim down all the recent threads and read the titles and decide what you want to read further. On FB, in order to find out what a thread is about, you have to read the whole post, or at least skim it. Most of the time, people are pretty good about making descriptive titles on here. It takes way more time on FB.

On the forum, you can easily see what you haven't read and what has new comments. On FB, you can the first time you go on, but if you have to leave the group page for some reason before you've read everything, when you come back, everything is marked as read.

FB is also more glitchy. For example, I've been on a group and clicked "more comments" to read an entire thread. If there's a lot of comments, sometimes (but not always) it will jump to a new page with all the comments, so when I go back, everything is marked as read and I don't know where I left off. 

I also can't understand people who don't want to share too much on here. This is an anonymous forum! I can't understand being ok with sharing personal information under your real name on a forum with people you don't know from across the country, but not being ok with sharing that same info anonymously. There's plenty of stuff I've posted on here that I would NEVER share under my real name on Facebook. 
    So I think I understand where you are coming from but nothing is ever truly anonymous. It wouldn't take much to track down who you are based on the info you needed to register. 
    I realize that, but no one sees that except the employees of XO Group. And who knows whether or not I used my real info for that. ;)  And it's still a heck of a lot more anonymous than FB. 
  • Options
    neludelu said:
    itsfine said:
    FSUNole31 said:

I realize that, but no one sees that except the employees of XO Group. And who knows whether or not I used my real info for that. ;)  And it's still a heck of a lot more anonymous than FB. 
    It actually wouldn't be too hard to track someone down on here. Sure you could use a fake name and an not so used email address but to register that email address you need to use a phone number and that phone number is linked to your name. I'm not here to argue I'm just trying to point out that nothing on the internet is anonymous and that everything can usually be fracked back to someone with a few savvvy strokes. 
  • Options
    itsfine said:
    FSUNole31 said:

I agree, the forum is easier for me to read than FB especially for someone like me who can't be on here all day every day. I'm in a few crafting FB groups and they are so frustrating. Especially when FB reorganizes posts and comments out of date order. I don't seem to have the same issues with the mobile app as some do though. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing it think the easiness is probably different for everyone. For me, preference wise I like fb. 

Also, like @FSUNole31 I'm ready to get more on the " intimate" level and really get to know who is behind these screen names. With my dds fb group we have become so incredibly close I could cry. We share our deepest darkest secrets, our hard times in marriage, other struggles, etc. that isn't something that most feel comfortable with so to say strangers on tb. 

It's not for everyone and that's ok. 
  • Options
    Confession:  I do not have a facebook account.  I got rid of it when I had my miscarriage about 7 years ago.  I actually despise facebook.  I think it's useless.  I realize a lot of people use it to stay in touch blah blah blah but I just can't take all the fake passive aggressive "my life is so awesome" posts people used to make.  Or just dumb posts.  I don't care if your dog took a crap or what you ate for lunch. 
    This is me now:
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @kdanjou but you're missing out on the blowout diaper pics.  Some people think everything must be shared. I block those people. My block list is quite extensive lol.  It is just a bunch of shared posts now, so you're not missing out on much.
    Pregnancy Ticker