October 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 3.24

2»

Re: FFFC 3.24

• Options
    @mrs_fogue ours ruined our new carpet also. She was house trained with her last owner (at least that's what the shelter said) but it took us almost a year to get her to stop going in the house. 

@feeislove I wish my dog could go live with my ILs. Our dogs love each other and are both super lonely. Their dog has been totally depressed since the other died about two years ago. But the chances my MIL would go for it are super super slim. FIL would love it though lol
  • Options
    This thread is making me nervous for how our cats will react to a baby. They are both really sweet and lovey, so hopefully they will be fine, but it sounds like you never really know beforehand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @carries2018 I was the same way, my dog was my baby....she had to have two major knee surgeries one right before DD1, and one right after while I was on maternity leave. It's totally just not the same anymore. I feel bad that she doesn't get as much attention and she still sleeps in our bed and stuff but she drives me insane half the time. My girls love her, but DH and I definitely had the conversation that when she dies there probably won't be another for a bit. They're a lot of work and really expensive. And she's a golden retriever and her hair is everywhere no matter what I do. It drives me crazy!

• Options

FFFFC (Flame Free Friday Foodie Confession) I hate Ribs!  DH knows this, yet that's all he suggests for dinner, we have had them 3 times now in the last 2 weeks.  What does he want this weekend...

• Options
    mrs_fogue said:

FFFFC (Flame Free Friday Foodie Confession) I hate Ribs!  DH knows this, yet that's all he suggests for dinner, we have had them 3 times now in the last 2 weeks.  What does he want this weekend...

Throw that preggo card!!!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Designmamauk I feel you... I worry about the same thing. I'm pregnant with our first and our fur baby has been my baby for almost eight years since we rescued him. He's very emotionally needy so I'm hoping I'll manage to balance it all well. I totally understand the guilt you're feeling but I think dogs also just have this innate knowledge that their "pack" loves them. Dogs are driven by their needs and also feel loved when their needs are met. I'm sure you're doing a better job with him than you realize. :)
  • Options
    @soprano19  I have two cats - one that is three and one that is 17.  When my DS was a baby and napping, the youngest cat would try to wake up him...purposefully because it got him attention from me.  DS is almost three and they are finally coming around to him and letting him pet them.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also vote for the preggo card @mrs_fogue

@natleilynn  - agreed! Like, truly. What can one expect from a 70 year old male with a younger wife who seems uninvolved/uninterested in his affairs? Please! Must be a slow news day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @jessafishy I just went and checked my ratio lol. I apparently started a ton of discussions in Sept '13. I honestly think we must have had a really unorganized board or things were a done differently 4 years ago; that, or I was annoying, because they were really random...haha
    @jessafishy @keriflores The functionality of the board was much different before.  There were not the same type of strings for intros, check-ins, symptom threads, etc.  I haven't started a discussion in a very long time, but when I first joined many moons again, you would be considered hijacking a thread if you chimed into someone else's thread with anything but a direct response to their question.  I went back and forth on whether I should just start a new account or stick with the one from before because of things like having a bunch of replies and discussions but no "love-its".  So just give the old-timers a little break on this one pretty please.  
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited March 2017
    @aprilsarahjune I'll take it into consideration. ;)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @emwj10187 So jealous.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes I just want to smack my DH. He is so easily influenced by people. He went to a health supplement store today and got scammed into buying a $30 thing of bone broth, which the owner and DH's best friend swear is a miracle drug. DH's friend claims his 6 pack is a direct result of drinking bone broth, and that he doesn't even work out. Never mind his extremely physical job. 

I have no problem with supplements, although it's such an unresearched and unmonitored market. But DH doesn't do any research into things like that, he just goes full force because one person told him they use it. 

And the bone broth thing makes me CRAZY. Babe, go buy some meat and I will cook you dinner AND make you natural bone broth that will last for a good amount of time, for less than $30. Because it's literally just bones cooked in water over low heat with some spices for 24 hours. Argh. Now DH and I are fighting because I expressed my opinion and he got offended.

• Options
      @natleilynn that is so funny .. my DH has already stated that our LO is going to learn their first cuss word from me bc of my language :D
  • Options
    @natleilynn Except for Twilight, we can't be friends. 

*I kid*
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited March 2017
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @natleilynn I avoided all three as long as I could. DH made me watch HP in a moment of weakness and I admit I love it now lol he occasionally drags me to a lord of the ring movie and I snooze through it. I can live without Twilight.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn I only like HP. Twilight and Lord of the Rings always looked stupid to me
  • Options
    I already feel the flameeeeee buttttt
    The amount of new threads everyday is stressing me out. On one hand, I'm happy there is more involvement. On the other, I'm scared that the really awesome daycare post is going to be page 3 by Monday morning when I get back from my trip. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Idk, there have def been a couple highly questionable threads this week, but for the most part I think we're doing really well. Tuesday's Ticker Change is still on the first page. 

• Options
    Along the dog/pet discussion, we recently (last fall) got 10 chicks so we could have an awesome supply of backyard eggs. I was so excited about these chickens! I can't eat eggs anymore since finding out I'm pregnant because of food aversion...so we get about 40 eggs a week and I can't help eat any of them! I don't even really help take care of them anymore and leave it to the DH.

I've been a lurker since march 2011 and Feb 13 lol but I'm also always on my phone so I have no idea how many posts I have or love...if we get to the point of a Facebook group though I participate more as it's more mobile friendly for me and easily checked on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hippiegirl884 maybe there are some baking recipes you could used some of the eggs for
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been bringing them to work and handing them out. I do a ton of baking so that's a great idea! Spring break is here so I'll have a little more time and energy to make some quick breads to freeze! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been bringing them to work and handing them out. I do a ton of baking so that's a great idea! Spring break is here so I'll have a little more time and energy to make some quick breads to freeze! 
    Bake a cake a send me some ;)

Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stealing one I saw on another board...

I'm not interested in Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Twilight saga.

Flame away.

@natleilynn Finally, something we can agree on