October 2017 Moms

FFFC 3.24

TTC x 1.5 years.
Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
TTC x2 months.
BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 3.24

• Loading the player...
  • My boss is out today, I've actually come in early several times this week and DH has to pick up DD today.  I'm getting off early and taking a nap.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • I can't wait to work all weekend just so I don't have to deal with feeding my kid for the next two days. On top of being a shitty eater at baseline, her bottom canines are close to cutting and she's refusing everything and I can't deal with it anymore. Waking up at 5am and not getting home till 9pm at best is the price I will pay, but I accept it and will smile every time my husband texts me about how frustrated he is. 
  • @bluejeanbabi05 same situation here with me and DH!  motivation has been so hard lately and march is my busiest month of the year. it is also so hard to be nice to customers lately....yesterday i "worked" from home.

i have been eating lots of deli sandwiches. i know, i know. i am such a rebel. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baseball season has started so H is never home, and i am doing everything on my own. fffc. my kids are straight up annoying the F out of me.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • My fffc. I have a four year old French bulldog. He's well behaved, great with kids, and generally a great dog. He used to get all our attention. But when DS came along 2 years ago the amount of time, attention and love went down, from me, by like 50%. My husband is still really good this but I'm not. 

I feel like this is going to happen again when this baby arrives. I feel guilty but I also feel like there is nothing I can do  :/
  • @dmellis02 I'd cut him some slack and ask for two full productive days.  ;)Three 12hr shifts can literally leave you feeling like you're dying. They are physically, mentally and emotionally draining to where you just can't give anymore of yourself. It's not a one day bounce back deal. But two days should do it. 
  • @Designmamauk not sure if this is a possibility for you at all, but we have two dogs and I'm telling you, it made the transition so much easier. We just didn't have as much time for them after DD was born, but they were able to keep each other company...so they drove me nuts a little less and I just tried to make sure if DD was asleep I was giving them extra loves. They also sleep in our room with us (they're allowed to sleep on the bed with us, but only one chooses to) so we kept that - DD is not allowed to sleep in our bed so it's like they KNOW the bed is their time to curl up with us unattended. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Designmamauk I'm like this with my bunny. He used to get so much attention. Then we got a cat.  Bunny gets love from the kids but not as often. Of course he gets food and water every day but I used to take him out and play with him all the time. My kitty gets more attention now. Now I'm scared about my kitty when the baby comes. She's my fur baby. Now I think we need a furbaby post! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @natleilynn thanks for the tips. DH had been trying to convince me to get another dog, and my main argument is it would be more work! Are yours about the same age? 
  • @keriflores Meh, you are still under 10%. :p
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • And I love my pets but I DEFINITELY have very little patience for them these days. Between work, DH, and DS my socialization limit is usually exceeded before they get any attention. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @canonmom413 our cat got super jealous/anxious when baby arrived.  He would puke all over the house and would go in DDs room and spray on her things.  He was fixed and had never done that before.  We also had 2 dogs so my poor kitty got the least amount of loving then.  I finally had to rehome him because I couldn't handle him and the newborn. 
  • @Designmamauk we have a four year old frenchie too! <3

• @Designmamauk they are, we got them at the same time at a shelter. I fell in love with one and DH fell in love with another.

So this is applicable though - neither of us had ever had dogs before. I had cats growing up and DH's mom is super-super-super clean and the most they ever had was a hermit crab. So because we had no prior "pet" experience, we had to go through some lengthy interviews with the shelter to make sure we knew what we were getting ourselves into. I expressed the same concerns you did and they told me that a in a lot of ways, it's easier to have two dogs than one. If you've got to take one out, you might as well take two out. When we're not around, they can play with each other and keep each other company. Together, they're kind of the perfect dog - one has a ferocious bark but the biggest scard-y cat when confronted. The other doesn't bark much but we now know from experience if she thinks that I (this theory has only been tested with me) am in danger, she would rip someone to shreds. 

All in all, the pros of having two dogs far outweighs the cons (which, the only con to me would be the cost - two vet bills, two food bills, etc.). But even with the costs, we do get discounts places (like the kennel) because we have two and they prefer to stay together. The upfront costs at first were more - two crates, toys, bowls, etc. But it's definitely evened out over time.

We went from never having dogs in our lives to saying we will always only have two dogs. <3 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrs_fogue don't tell me that!!!! Praying she doesn't react like that. I'll be so heartbroken. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• We have two cats and once they're gone, we are done with pets for a while. One of the cats is super sweet and it would be nice to have just that one, but the other is a PITA. DH really wants a dog but we made a deal that we're not getting one until DS is 10. And every time I step in dog shit because some asshole didn't pick it up, we add another year. (That happened the other day.) I am not a dog person.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @EmEeGee.  He has a set schedule of Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.  Thursdays I let him sleep in (he works 11am-11pm) and then ask him to do minor tasks (e.g. vacuum).  We both do nothing Saturday and I clean on Sunday (he does nothing).  And then he does grocery shopping Monday.  I don't feel like I ask too much, but when I'm exhausted (work Monday-Friday) and growing a person, I get no sympathy!  

He did so much better when I was pregnant the first time around.  Ugh, I know I'll be better when I get out of the first trimester!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • also my dog has ruined our couches. he lays on the back cushions so they are so uncomfortable and drools/gets hair all over. i try to clean them but they are such a PITA to clean. and it is useless bc as soon as i am done he is back on them. fffc. i might love my couch more than my dog. jk i hate my couch, but i am not bothering getting a new one to just get ruined again.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @carries2018 Same story with our cats! The sides of the couch and back of the chair are totally clawed and ripped to shreds. No point in getting new ones.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @riverraine let me tell you from experience, if you are not a dog person, don't get a dog. I always thought I would love having a dog, but as it turns out, I hate it. Everything drives me absolutely crazy, the barking, the smell, the pee spots in the carpet even after I had just let her outside, having to worry about my kids stepping in dog poop when they play in the yard. 

I'm probably going to get super flamed for this, but I want to rehome our dog because I don't feel like it's fair to her or myself that I just can't stand having a dog. She's also been super depressed this week since coming home from spreading the weekend with my ILs and their dog. She came from a home with another dog and even after almost two years with us, I feel like she needs another dog to play with, but there is no way in hell I will get a second dog.
  • sjohns08 said:
    @riverraine let me tell you from experience, if you are not a dog person, don't get a dog. I always thought I would love having a dog, but as it turns out, I hate it. Everything drives me absolutely crazy, the barking, the smell, the pee spots in the carpet even after I had just let her outside, having to worry about my kids stepping in dog poop when they play in the yard. 

@sjohns08 yes to all of the above!  My attention span for dogs flew out the window the moment I got pregnant with DD.  I was so busy with her as a NB that they were not let out as much as they used to be and ruined our carpet.  I know, partially my fault, but it's like feed kid or walk dogs?  I want so bad to rehome ours, at least our little one who has major anxiety.  But DH keeps saying no.    
  • I had to semi-rehome my oldest dog because she was getting to be too much for me to handle. But she seems more at peace now at my parents' house. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker