edited March 2017 in May 2017 Moms
How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing?
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 3/24

• How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash

Any appointments this week? I have my final ultrasound on Tuesday to determine if my placenta previa has resolved. I meet with my midwife on Thursday after that. 

Symptoms? Braxton Hicks, some minor back pain, and loads of heartburn 

Cravings? Nothing specific. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Only a few more days until my husband gets back from tour. I'll be able to sleep again!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue. No name yet. 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing? I'm not a fan of spring, because of tornadoes, but I do love warm weather. I want to go to some nature parks in the area and hike a little. 
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks! 

How big is baby? Cauliflower Blossum 

Any appointments this week? I had an appointment this past Tuesday. Basically just listening for the heartbeat. I can't believe I start going weekly soon! 

Symptoms? I just feel full all the time. It is also very uncomfortable to bend over.

Cravings? Salty! I are way too many salt & vinegar chips last night.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really! 

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName? Blue! Sebastian.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing? I'm actually dreading the summer. We spent all last year at the pool. Unfortunately we can't do that this time around. Once I'm cleared we will move and join my husband in El Paso, so this summer my plans are to make new friends, decorate my house, get plugged into a church and moms group, and make it through alive with 2 kids! Ha

Here is an interesting question, when does summer begin for all of you? My parents are in a beach town so the last week of school for my siblings is the week of June 11th. They don't go back to school after Labor Day. I know that summer "officially" starts Memorial Day, but in my mind summer is whenever school lets out! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?: 33 weeks

How big is baby?: Celery stalk / Durian Fruit / depends on the food ticker!

Any appointments this week?: Monday I have another ultrasound and visit with the doctor

Symptoms?: LEG CRAMPS at night (besides the usual heartburn and uncomfortableness)

Cravings?: Salty stuff and for some reason blue raspberry slush puppies

Rants/Raves/Questions?: C-Section scheduled for May 8th!!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name?: Pink! Scarlett

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing: My parents have a house at the beach so I'm really looking forward to talking DD and the new baby down there.  Because I won't be getting paid on leave a lot of our "usual" trips aren't going to happen but I'm looking forward to settling in as a mom of two!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • How far along are you? 32 Weeks on my 32nd Birthday!

How big is baby?  squash

Any appointments this week? Had my 32 week yesterday. Measured right on track. All looks good. 

Symptoms? General soreness

Cravings? chocolate (may have contributed to my 5 lb weight gain in 4 weeks)

Rants/Raves/Questions? How early are you all leaving work? 

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName? Blue, Isaiah or Noah are our top choices currently.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing?
    splash pads, cabin trips, parks...I'm nervous about doing it all with 2!

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @bacorrea, I love the name Sebastian! I wish DH would consider it. 

For me, summer exactly as you listed it! I definitely go by school summers as summer. 

@jdebaie, a beach house sounds super nice! 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• How far along are you?
    34 weeks

How big is baby?
    A quokka.

Any appointments this week?
    Nope, 3/30 is next appointment

Symptoms?
    It's becoming increasingly difficult to get comfortable at night. Doesn't help that I have a cough that is worse at night

Cravings?
    Typical fruit cravings, nothing new.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: The damn nursery still is not done! I'm talking drywall still needs to be prepped and primed and then the room painted and then we still have to put the furniture together. Though I can't really be too upset because the reason it's not done is my father in law was sick and the reason he was sick is because I got my MIL sick who then got him sick. Oops! 
    Also Rant/Question: Any other Canadian mommas on Friday ticker change? I'm pretty annoyed at the government right now with their changes to maternity leave, but then I know people will give me hard core side eye for even complaining because I know we do still have it pretty good. As it stood in the past, parents in Canada are eligible for 12 months leave at 55% of their income, some employers may offer a top up so parents can get almost 100% for that year (very few get 100% but it happens). Anyway, one of the campaign promises was increased leave to 18 months, awesome right?? Except it's not awesome. Parents who choose 18 months will get 33% of their income for that 18 month time period instead of the 55% for 12 months- that is so not feasible for so many families! Urg, it annoys me because it would be amazing for so many families to be able to stay home with their babies that long, but basically it's only a select few that can actually take advantage of that. 

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName
    Green! We are likely going with Jack for a boy, Nora for a girl. Last night though I had a pretty detailed dream in which we had a girl. I've had an inkling we are having a girl for a while but I've yet to dream of the baby with a gender (though my initial guess was boy in the wee early weeks, should probably update that chart we have). I'm open to the fact that I could be wrong though. 

Im really looking forward to camping. Or as it would more appropriately be called, glamping. We have a camper trailer so we will have all the amenities of home, (minus the washer and dryer). It'll be so nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life and unplug from technology. 

@MollyandD FX that your placenta previa has resolved. And yay for DH coming home!

@bacorrea Sounds like you have a busy summer planned!  
    I would say for us summer officially starts somewhere towards the end of June when school lets out also. But that could be largely linked to the fact that I've worked with mainly youth up until last summer. If we have a warmer summer that starts earlier then I consider that the start of summer- so mid June at the earliest haha. I have a feeling this year I can still expect snowfall when this LO joins us, so that affects when "spring" ends to me. 

@jdebaie How exciting to have a date booked for the section! Also, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of the beach house! 

@KMD1106 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My last day of work is April 6, it's coming so fast! And those last 2 weeks are not full weeks, next week I'm only working 4 days and the week after is only 3 days! I will be 36 weeks my first day off! However, I'm not taking "leave" starting then, I'm using my vacation for the month of April, so I won't lose any pay. My first official day of leave is technically May 1. That being said I would be in a very different position if I only had 6 weeks maternity leave as I know many people have. 

------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• How far along are you? 32 weeks. Time is flying.  

How big is baby?  Squash 

Any appointments this week? Yesterday. Everything is on track.  

Symptoms? Continued pain in uppper, right abdominal area. I'm starting to think I could have a mild hernia.  Sore back. Heartburn.  Tender nipples. 

Cravings?  Sweets

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I think I'm getting close to the point where I should avoid carrying my 30 lb toddler and it makes me sad. I think he's starting to figure out something is up. Every morning after he wakes up, he wants to sit in the recliner and cuddle. I'm soaking it in bc he's normally nonstop on the move.  

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName? Green. No name yet, but Merritt Elise or Lillian Merritt and Steven Matthew are on my short list.  I'm not sold on boy name.  

We have a very busy spring. Only 2 weekends between now and EDD without obligations and the baby's room is still a junk room. I'm about to go into panic nesting, especially since DS was 2 weeks early.  

I go to Destin, Florida every summer for a work conference.  It's the 2nd week in June. Baby will be 2.5 weeks if he/she comes close to EDD. I'm looking forward to the trip and dreading it at the same time.  I figured a week of maternity leave with a beach view is better than being at home.  
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks! 

How big is baby? Small-clawed otter :)

Any appointments this week? Nothing until next Friday, then I'm on the every other week plan

Symptoms? Heartburn, oh-so-frequent peeing, the usual

Cravings? For the past week or so, grapefruit

Rants/Raves/Questions? We're officially moving on Sunday! I'm so overwhelmed by the thought. We still have some packing to get done tonight/tomorrow, but I think we'll be good to go by Sunday. I've mentioned on another thread, but we've run into some issues with our new house that I'm still pretty anxious about- hopefully it will be settled soon! 

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName? Blue! Henry :)

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing? Drinking margaritas! Also, going to the zoo. I'm excited that my maternity leave is during the summer this time around- we will be spending a lot of time in our new backyard and going on walks :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @KMD1106 Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a fabulous day today! 
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks, that sounds monumental for some reason.

How big is baby? Butternut squash (that seems accurate), Baguette batard, and a honeydew melon.

Any appointments this week? Today! Listened to heart and saw/ heard baby squirming with a HB of 160-150.

Symptoms? swelling (thanks 90+ degrees), indigestion, trouble falling asleep, antsy-ness

Cravings? Just that weird PB in chili ;) Oh and a monster cookie yesterday oh and salads (first time this pregnancy its even sounded good!)

Rants/Raves/Questions? I know I live in Phoenix so I shouldn't complain, but damn I hate the heat! It cooled off 20 degrees yesterday and it was glorious!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Team Green! We're still leaning girl. Lennon if it's a girl and Henry if its a boy :)

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing? Ugh, no. I used to love Summer. In fact, I've been so homesick for Alaska lately and I'm bummed we wont be able to go up this summer. Seriously though, stay in where there's AC.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • How far along are you? 32 Weeks!

How big is baby? Squash

Any appointments this week? I had one today and the baby sounded good! Now at every 2 weeks!

Symptoms? Headaches, sciatic pain, fatigue, trouble sleeping

Cravings? Hmm. Not too many this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am finally on spring break! I hope to spring clean, but I am getting easily fatigued lately. 

Team Pink/Blue/GreenName? Green!. For a boy, Theodore. If it is a girl, we are thinking either Lillian or Eloise. Opinions would be appreciated as we are not telling anyone names until baby gets here!

GTKY: Do you have a favorite spring/summer activity you're looking forward to doing? I just enjoy being outside and doing things like hiking, swimming, etc.

@MollyandD I hope you get good results on Tuesday!

@bacorrea Sounds like you have a big summer ahead! Since I have been in school for so long, summer starts when I am out for the semester. 

@jdebaie Wow, May 8th seems so soon! That is so exciting! It is starting to feel real.

@KMD1106 Happy Birthday! Enjoy!

@roper2617 Hopefully, the nursery will come together soon! Also, not a Canadian, but it is very interesting how Canada and the US differ in maternity aspects.

@clebl24 That is so sweet that your toddler wants to cuddle! Hopefully, baby will come on time and everything with the trip will work out. At least it is at the beach! Also, I love your names. Lillian and Elise are some of my favorite little girl names!

@kayemjay2 Good luck with the move. I hope things go smoothly!

@nda_roxybabe Out of curiosity did you ever try the PB in chili? And yes to staying indoors. It can get really hot and humid here. Not as bad as AZ, but still!
  • Thanks ladies! We are going out to dinner with friends and family tonight, and my students were good to me today! 

@mspacman34, Theodore is a great name! Would Lillian be Lily? I love Lillian, but Lily is very common around here. Eloise is so cute! It's on my girl list of there's a girl in our future. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @mspacman34 Not yet! Maybe if I get chili next week.
    Names: LOVE Theodore. I love Eloise too, but are you okay with nn "Ellie" as it's so popular?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @KMD1106 Have fun tonight! In my mind, Lillian would be the name and I don't think I would do Lily, but I do see Lily catching on with friends and family!
    @nda_roxybabe I honestly hadn't even thought of the possibility of Eloise nn being Ellie. 

Thanks ladies, we haven't really considered nn for our girl names, yet. So, this is bringing some new light to the discussion! If it ends up being Theodore, DH and I will most likely refer to him as "Teddy!"  ;)
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Asparagus, small clawed otter

Any appointments this week? Yes, today. Midwife was happy with my blood sugars, but wants me to come every two weeks (midwives/birth center usually does every 4). Baby measuring at 30-31 weeks, so she was not concerned about it being a big baby, yay!

Symptoms? All of them. Pains, aches, no sleeping, nausea has returned, vomiting. Ugh.

Cravings? Everything I can't eat, thanks to gestational diabetes, just because I can't eat it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Green! Boy names have been hard for us, so I'm holding off talking about it too much to dissuade myself, but girl's name is Emilia (nn: Emy, Ema).

The weather. Being outside. Picnicking. Strolls with baby!! Barbequeing. Oh my gosh, I am so excited for all of the time we'll (baby and I) get to spend outside.
  • @jayandaplus, I don't think I've seen it in randoms. I have a hard time keeping up in there though! Maybe we could just start a Maternity Leave Questions/Comments thread?

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @KMD1106 Start it! :)
    Ok I will tomorrow when more people are on. :)

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @jayandaplus, my doc recommended a chiro and we did a phone consult.  After hearing my symptoms he mentioned hernia. DH is a PA and he agreed that a hernia could be the culprit.  
  • @jayandaplus Thanks! I don't actually remember. It's been about 3 year since I fell in love with it.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry