October 2017 Moms
Options

UO Thursday | 3.23.17

Re: UO Thursday | 3.23.17

• Options
    @beezeemarie Right? I think working from home would be ideal for me. By the time I'm done with work I'm drained from dealing with people all day long (introvert) and DH just wants to talk to me (major extrovert) and DS wants all of my attention (also major extrovert). I feel like my best is given to work and I don't have any sort of passion for it. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessafishy yes! Except, I do work from home on occasion, and I have to admit, I am so unproductive. So not sure that would work for me either. I really think SAHM is the right path for me, but since my salary is significantly higher than DH's, I don't see that happening any time soon.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @riverraine I am trying to increase my coding skills and then try to find some work as a web developer. I really regret not majoring in computer science in college.

And I hear you on the day to day eating. I finally got him to start eating cheese again this week. -knocks on all the wood-
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @riverraine lol about the food. That is totally me. Last night DD was picking jalapeños out of her sloppy joe and eating them, "I love jalapeños." She's a total unicorn though, and eats everything. It's totally not my parenting that has made her that way, we're just lucky. 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @beezeemarie see, I'm the opposite! I am SO productive when I'm working from home. My desk area is right next to an entrance with people constantly coming and going....and my employees all work around me so I'm constantly being asked questions and for guidance (which is okay, that's what I'm here for, but it still gets me off track with whatever I'm doing sometimes). Sometimes when DD is stick I just do WFH and I swear I crank out so much more work those days. And I point this out to my boss constantly :)

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @feeislove I only had candids at my (super duper informal picnic) wedding for this exact reason. However, I am willing to make one exception for a newborn. 
    Oh I'm all for taking pictures of my kid. Just without me in them :X
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jessafishy That definitely seems like a good path. At one point I was looking into those coding camps where you get a crash course in 4 months or something and supposedly can jump into a decent job after that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @EmEeGee YES! I've worried about his weight since he was 4 months old and dropped off his curve. He is back to "normal" but when he was in the 90th percentile at birth it always has me second guessing if I'm failing him somehow and he is soooooo strong-willed.

I'm sure that willfulness will serve him well someday but for now I just have to pick my battles.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    OK back to a controversial topic... Arby's, seriously? I do not understand this one. Never been there, but someone posted about it being a mushy mess, and that just confirmed all my suspicions and biases.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've just been informed that it's chips & dip day.

In honor of that, another UO - I don't like guacamole. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @riverraine  I mean...I'm not saying it is on the level of a 5 star restaurant or anything. But when I'm craving some good, hot roast beef (with Arby's sauce, because that is everything) and curly fries...it's just the best option.

And their tea is always perfectly sweet. Just how I like it. :smiley:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OH and another one! I'm full of them today!

Moe's > Chipotle

knowwwwww I'm about to get slammed for this one.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've just been informed that it's chips & dip day.

In honor of that, another UO - I don't like guacamole. 

ok, just stop, I can not-not like you even more at this point. You are my magical unicorn! 

Guac is just bluh!  @jessafishy you can have all that green regurgitated looking mess. 

• Options
    @mrs_fogue I'm so happy to have a unicorn twin!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used to like moes better. But something happened my last pregnancy I switched to chipotle. I mean I'll take whatever I can get. But I switched side. Speaking of which I have a burrito from chipotle I'm going to house as soon as I get my blood drawn from this dumb glucose test. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    "Welcome to Moesssssssssssssssss"
    I saw that on a TV show once. Haven't tried it! 

I love Guac. I love 5 layer dips. I love Pico. Love. Love. LOVE.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @carries2018 I've given Chipotle ample opportunity. I wanted to like it, I did. Totally seemed up my alley. I tried recommendations from friends. I tried things I know I should love. It just didn't do it for me. I just can't try anymore. My soul will forever belong to Moe's.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I firmly believe that if you don't like guacamole, you just haven't tried good guac yet ;)
    I'm open to suggestions of "good" guac. I want to be a cool kid. Just don't tell me I have to go to Chipotle for it :smile:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn I would try guac from an actual sit-down Mexican restaurant where they make it in front of you. None of that pre-mixed crap. That way you can choose exactly what goes in and how spicy it is. I'm drooling thinking about it!!!

• Options
    doubling up on my UO here:  Ewwww Mexican food.  Ewww salsa.  Ewww Chipotle, Moes, whatevs.  Ewww guac ... because now I am thinking about it and do NOT want it right now.  Ewwww .... food?
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    Ok. In all seriousness, I do now have a UO. It's recently come up quite a bit. It also may ruffle feathers. My intention is not to ruffle feathers but to actually discuss:

Recently, the US political climate and newly elected president have created an environment more open to racism, brutality, hate crimes, etc. A lot of this is reported by several media outlets, but particularly social media. The recent trend I've seen is people foolishly are joining mob mentalities based on captions and rerun videos from YEARS ago with NO current context. For example, friends of mine are sharing white on black crime videos that happened at least 3+years ago and are not actually fact checking any of it. For example, did the crime even occur in the US? Why are you blaming the current president for the the crimes that occurred during Obama's presidency? 
    Bottom line: I think that it's sending the wrong message. I am not a republican by any means but it really makes everyone look a dang fool when they share things that are outdated just to create angry mobs. I am not for racism or crime/violence against ANYONE.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Should people still share violence to create unity against present day issues?
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 omg fresh guac! Yesssss! They make it in a lava bowl on a cart in front of you here too. The BEST!!!! Chunky, spicy, de- freaking-licious!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Great. Now I need to stop at the Mexican restaurant by the girls studio for quac and chips! Totally worth 9 bucks! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @VLillyV i think i agree with you but i dont totally follow what you are saying. i think people are "share" happy on FB and they dont even know what they are really sharing. but there is a clear problem going on with racism in this country. and it is really alarming. i find that more conservatives are sharing false or misleading information than liberals.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    isn't it really weird though how blurred party lines are right now. i am a conservative, a moderate one sure. but still i have always voted that way and felt like i could get behind something the candidate was standing for. now i have totally jumped ship, and was like the biggest Bernie supporter (which policy wise is like the absolute opposite of me). Then H's family. have HATED conservatives since i have known them. they are all marching up and down the streets with Trump signs. it is bizarro times.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    yeah I don't even know how to put out what i'm trying to say, but @carries2018 summed it up. Share happy people are spreading some pretty wicked things. 
  • Options
    but on the same token. there are some wicked things out there that people do need to open their eyes to. but regardless your opinion should never be formed on one shared article from a bias party on your news feed. we know those "friends" that relentlessly share their own political stance.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @jessafishy Mmmm me too!  :p
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @ac1259 I feel this way, too. I'm seeing a certified nurse midwife for my ob care and I learned quickly to be very careful who I share that info with. My MIL majorly jumped down my throat- and she's a nurse!!!! She's in a high up admin role now, hasn't been practicing in years, but still! I'm still delivering at a hospital, surrounded by surgeons at a seconds call, and my CNM has just as much practical experience in low-risk births as the OBs at my practice do. Not to mention to lower episiotomy, tearing and c section rates, and the MUCH more personalized care. 

Eta: people make snap judgments about these things based on their own uninformed biases and I agree it's frustrating.