October 2017 Moms
Options

Who's Working Out???

2»

Re: Who's Working Out???

• Options
    That's awesome @callababy17

I wonder if we should make this a weekly check in to keep everyone motivated? I'm going strong at 5-6 days a week working out. Hope everyone else is feeling good and keeping at it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been keeping strong with 5x/week workouts. I made the terrible decision to do a 1000 stair incline today and literally can't move my legs! I feel so much better on the days I'm active!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I'm so sore!! I'm already getting restless legs at night and now it's amplified... I'm so impressed that y'all are working out 5+ days/ week! I'm aiming for 3!
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    I'm trying so hard to work out and stay motivated. I've never been nearly as active as I should be. Found a gym I could join and looked up a bunch of different prenatal workouts until I put together a little routine of my own. 
    Some weeks I'm there 6 days a week for an hour and a half, other weeks (like this one) I haven't made it at all. At least I've made my step goal 3 times this week even without the gym. 
    My fitbit shows me where I am for the day, but it's not really keeping me going. 
    These days I'm just so freaking tired all the time and I just haven't been able to get there this week. I want a place with a pool, that how I stayed active my last pregnancy, but I won't be able to do that until we move city's in June. 
  • Options
    Can I come play here? Or try to at least?  I treadmill'ed twice this week (can't say ran, because it wasn't very fast and mixed in intermitted walking to keep my heartrate down) which is an improvement from my first tri efforts.

I need a good arm work out routine.  I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding in August and since the rest of me will be huge...i wanted to focus on my arms.  Anyone have any good routine?  I have 10#, 15# 20# kettlebells and 5# hand weights.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @KDeola - Yes!  A weekly check-in would be great!

@runmama-2 - That's great you've done two half marathons so far!!!  I have two scheduled, but 10 miles is the longest I've ran/raced since getting pregnant.  
  • Options
    @ForwardnBackward I'm standing up in my sisters wedding in September at 8 months pregnant. I'm also interested in arm workouts lol.

I normally workout 4x a week so I am not a huge fitness nerd but the past month and a half I've really slacked. The only thing I have done is gone to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Now that I'm feeling better I'm actually headed to the gym today to do some cardio and then will come home an do some free weights. I enjoy doing my free weights at home! 

Before I was pregnant I was doing cycling classes a few times a week and absolutely loved it. I stopped doing it once pregnant though because it makes me feel like I'm dying and that can't be healthy for me and baby. 

If anyone has any good youtube videos that they love please share them! I would love to do a weekly check in. I just found my fitbit on Tuesday so I'm going to charge it and start tracking my steps again. I'm hoping that working out and moving more now that I feel better will help with this lower back pain I've been getting.

• Options
    @KDeola agree we should have a weekly check in! 
    @GenTK don't be too hard on yourself- I know I'm not! I'm pretty much letting my body tell me it's limits right now. Currently, I'm 14.5 weeks and my energy is coming back slowly. Honestly, I've also had more time to rest and work out this week because I'm on Spring Break....we'll see how it goes when I'm back to work Monday!
  • Options
    @ForwardnBackward and anyone else who's interested.  I got the book The 30-Minute Pregnancy Workout Book pretty cheap off Barnes and Noble.com.  It has workouts for each trimester.  If you've been doing cross fit or lifting heavy, it probably wouldn't be challenging enough.  But it's been pretty good so far (when I've actually been able to get to it!).  I usually like having a plan to follow and keep me focused.  Other that this, the New Rules of Lifting series has always been my go-to.  
  • Options
    If anyone has Beachbody on Demand, they have trimester workouts with Autumn, too. I haven't gotten really into them because I still feel like I can do some of the other workouts right now - but they have one for each trimester.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love beach body on demand..I've been doing the 21 day fix extreme.  She has really great upper body workouts too for those who were asking
  • Options
    I've thought about the prenatal Beach Body program,but not sure it is worth it. I'm thinking about doing the 30-Day free trial Beach Body on demand, just to try it out. I loved the Piyo program before I was prego! I never did the correct eating habits...which was okay for me because I didn't need to lose weight, but I could definitely tell a difference in my muscle tone and flexibility!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 I think I may look more into the prenatal workout in the third trimester. The second trimester I think I'll still be able to handle most of my regular workouts - I've been doing a combination of Piyo and 21 day fix (not extreme this round, trying to take it easy a little). The third trimester is when things get difficult for me with that big 'ol belly so I'm thinking I might try it then. 

I'm not a coach, I don't do shakeology, but I do love on demand because of all the different programs they offer for way less than a gym membership would be. I get bored easily so I like being able to flip back and forth. I also hate going to a gym, so being able to work out at home whenever I want is nice.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If anyone has Beachbody on Demand, they have trimester workouts with Autumn, too. I haven't gotten really into them because I still feel like I can do some of the other workouts right now - but they have one for each trimester.
    I just posted about that! :) I was wondering if they were good. I LOVED the Piyo program, but was sure if I am safe to do it again.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn I was a coach before the On-Demand came around. Coaching wasn't for me, but I enjoyed the work outs. I'm really considering On-Demand. Cheaper than the gym & cheaper then buying the individual DVDs.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 one of my good friends is a coach (and has been teaching classes in an actual gym for years so I feel confident in her knowledge haha) and she helps me out with modifications. Basically avoid abs, but for the most part I've been able to do Piyo. If something is uncomfortable or doesn't feel "right", I've been doing a modification. I think Piyo will get uncomfortable by the end of the second trimester, but for now I'm doing okay :smile:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am glad this thread has been resurrected! I agree we need a weekly check in. I love hearing about all your workouts too. I'm steady at 4X week at my HIIT/oly lift classes. Still tired and slower, but feel better when I go!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 Same - I was a coach for awhile for the shakeology discounts, but wasn't into the whole lifestyle. Then the shakes became more of a luxury item for us and not a necessity, so I cut them out. I'm happy with on demand, but I think that's all I need :smile:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to stay on top of it, but I've been missing 1-2 x a week.  My GOAL is 2x a week cardio pilates, 2-3x a week strength and 2x a week yoga.  I also bought the daily activities video from spinning babies and have been doing their flow (mostly stretches) before bed.  Now that it's warmer, we walk to the park/church/library most days so I take the jogging stroller and try to get a good power walk in.  Workouts are a major part of my mental health protocol too, lol.  So I really need to stay on top of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad people are posting in this thread again! I think a weekly check in is a great idea. 

Ive had a hard time working out with the fatigue and nausea, but am finally getting back into it. And I have a triathlon in 3 weeks so I need to get my butt in gear!!
  • Options
    I'm finally feeling back to normal. I started Piyo this week. Was planning on skipping today but feeling motivated after this thread. Time to go hit play while DS is napping. Happy Easter ladies! 
  • Options
    You ladies are my heroes. I was super determined to have a routine but I have not managed to make exercise a priority at all. Keep up the great work ladies, hopefully I can join in when I get more energy.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used to be soooo active until 14 weeks ago :( When/if my energy comes back I'd love to join you for motivation. I like to lift 4x and HIIT 3x a week, unless I go hiking or biking instead.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    Every time I see this thread I always think of The Little Red Hen lol
    Image result for not i said the cat

We have an elliptical/stairstepper machine that I love, but I haven't used it since I got pregnant. I had Mirena before we started TTC and didn't have periods, but occasionally I would start spotting after I worked out on the elliptical. I don't know what would cause it, but I've been scared to try it, because I KNOW if I started spotting afterwards, I would panic. Now that it's finally getting warm here, I've been walking outside a little more, but nothing crazy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ksf13, I just read today that the elliptical is the perfect piece of equipment for pregnant women!  I'd say to try it but go easy.  But, walking is also a great way to get exercise in.
    @lizgirlie, start slow, maybe your regular routine is too intense to face doing!  There are days that I can't imagine getting the energy together, but those days I just try to pick a work out I know will be easy on me.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    @KDeola I will probably try it again soon. I was just mainly hesitant early on, so I got out of my routine (elliptical and Netflix haha). I can stay on there a whole lot longer when I have a show to watch haha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KDeola fair comment! Much tho I love LEGS DAY :sunglasses: , it can be a bit daunting when I'm tired! I'll try and plan an easy arms day to get me off the sofa and get back into it. Once I'm there, I love the feeling of being a fit momma-to-be, much more than being a lazy slug-on-the-sofa. 
    Pregnancy Ticker