May 2017 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 3/21

Re: TMI Tuesday 3/21

• Options
    @starphish18 Haha! You're not alone. This happened to me a long time ago. Now I'm afraid to even touch them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How long do hemorrhoids last? Is this something that will continue throughout the rest of the pregnancy and then some? It kind of comes and goes, or at least goes down, but seriously!? Its very annoying! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 I'd say untreated they don't go away. If you're getting them partially from straining, and you add a stool softener and omit that problem, they'll hopefully improve. You can also do Tuck's/witch hazel to help them. I wouldn't just wish them away, though, I'd try to do something to improve. Good luck!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus I have a stool softener, but admittedly I don't take it every day. I was and then kept forgetting to take it. I've used witch hazel that we have at home and got some preparation H as well. I guess I need to make another reminder on my phone to take the softener. Thanks! 

• Options
    I am just a mess from the waist down. Snissed for the first time a few days ago much to my horror, pelvis feels like it's being sawed in half, tons of Braxton hicks...ugh
  • Options
    SWE2 said:
    Went to give a pee sample and peed all over my hand. I didn't realize how hard it is to place the cup when you can't see down there. 
    The sane thing happened to me that last two times I had to go to the lab. It's hard to do with a belly in the way!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @swe2 @CherryBananas I have the hardest time peeing in the dang cups when you cant see. I either end up with it on my hand or just completely missing the cup in general.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Peeing in the cup while pregnant is awful. But I did learn the handy trick @WombThereItIs mentioned during DD2s pregnancy! So much easier. 

Totally just realized that I haven't had to give a urine sample at all this pregnancy (besides the 9wk lab work-up)... which is now making me wonder why I haven't? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @SWE2
     I did the same thing!
    @WombThereItIs I do the same with stopping peeing and then putting the cup up to me... I'm just not sure how I failed myself this last time. The best way I can describe it was it was like a shower head that was all clogged up and instead of shooting the water straight it goes cockeyed.  
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @WombThereItIs: I just did a 24-hr collection... while we had company here for the weekend... yeah, so that was super awesome happy times. Funny about making your hubbs drop it off!  :)  My sort-of related TMI is that at least they gave me a paper bag in which to return the two jugs! The last thing I needed was for everyone to know my business---and of course I passed about 100 people in the hallway!
  • Options
    My belly button hurts? It's been hurting, but thats just weird.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @hp_momma, so you haven't had to pee in a little dixie for the strip test? Like @nda_roxybabe said, that's been SOP for me, every time.
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    @hp_momma, so you haven't had to pee in a little dixie for the strip test? Like @nda_roxybabe said, that's been SOP for me, every time.
    No not at all! Which I remember vividly doing at every appointment with DD1 and DD2.... 
    So weird. I'll have to ask at my appointment on a Friday why I haven't done it. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @hp_momma Really? Only once? I am sent home with a pee cup every appointment to use for the next appointment.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    SWE2 said:
    Went to give a pee sample and peed all over my hand. I didn't realize how hard it is to place the cup when you can't see down there. 
    I've had to do that at EVERY appointment this pregnancy. Needless to say, I've got it down!
  • Options
    I've had to do it every time this pregnancy, but last time I only did the first appointment and never had to again. Different practice this time, but I also found it a little odd that it's not just standard!
  • Options
    @hp_momma I haven't had to pee either since the initial new OB lab party. My 28 week labs were just bloodwork. I guess the army doesn't like our pee?

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @hp_momma I haven't had to pee either since the initial new OB lab party. My 28 week labs were just bloodwork. I guess the army doesn't like our pee?
    Phew. I thought I was going crazy lol. They probably have too many random urine samples to deal with from the soldiers they are tired of pee! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    Just used my tank top to wipe my nose because I know I'm going to change before I leave the house and there's no kleenex. Normally I'd use TP, but SIL finally realized it was her turn to buy TP and got some one-ply BS because it was cheaper *insert eye roll here*
  • Options
    Count me in on the embarrassing shower frequency. I have honestly never been a daily shower-er unless I'm working out consistently or otherwise getting legitimately dirty. I just have such dry skin that it's hard. However I'm down do about 3-4 showers a week and washing my hair 1-2 times.... sorrynotsorry. 
    Luckily not there on the snissing TOO badly although I have this lingering cough from my cold two weeks ago and it's been close a couple of times! I have decided every cough is like kegels. 
  • Options
    How strange, not peeing at every appointment! I have had to do that as soon I check in for mine.

I also had a lot of practice before getting pregnant with this one from all those OPKs and pregnancy tests ha. I used a shot glass actually, and just washed it after every use. We don't even use it for drinking to begin with. 

• Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited March 2017
    clebl24 said:
    I'm scared that I'll pee on myself anytime I cough, sneeze or blow my nose.  

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been peeing on my hand pretty regularly.  I'll go to wipe and I guess the repositioning causes another little trickle that I don't notice until my hand is wet.  Lovely!
    I do a little like rotation of my pelvis now to reposition baby a little and get him off my bladder! I always get a little more pee out with each shift. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I don't leave urine at my appointments either, unless I have a specific complaint that may indicate something like UTI. 
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    Peeing in the cup while pregnant is awful. But I did learn the handy trick @WombThereItIs mentioned during DD2s pregnancy! So much easier. 

Totally just realized that I haven't had to give a urine sample at all this pregnancy (besides the 9wk lab work-up)... which is now making me wonder why I haven't? 
    I've only had to give one at 28w and I got to do it at home (not to brag but it's 10x easier in the shower) I imagine they will start doing mine again soon due to history of pre-e but who knows.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I haven't had to pee at any appointments either. 

I get super sweaty quickly down there. It's not fun. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    I have little pimple like things popping up on my neck/ shoulders. Red bumps, but cant really be popped. They're annoying me. I also have heat rash on my chest. I get that every summer though.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited March 2017
    Every appointment I sign in then go pee then get weighed...good times! 

I bought some tucks pads. Thought they might be a little easier to take to work. The Prep H was okay but it said not to use it after so long so I thought the lads slight be helpful. We shall see! And I remembered to take the colace tonight  ;)

eta: didn't realize they aren't individual pads...oh well

• Options
    At my office, not only do I have to have a sample every single time (which has been weekly now for 3 weeks) BUT I get to reuse the same cup! I think it's disgusting but they say it's totally fine lol

and day 1 of stool softeners here! Here's hoping it helps :)
  • Options
    @0408Bear what do you mean the same cup? Like above, do they keep it ans give it back each time? My office just had little plastic disposable cups you use and they throw away. I would be grossed out, even if urine is sterile....
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker