March 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues, & fun: 3/20

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues, & fun: 3/20

• Thank you for your words of encouragement...it's really helpful.  

• For newly post/partum mamas//this is helpful when everyone is talking about whether to be concerned about "heavy" flow, etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How are all the postpartum mamas?

I still am doing the whole: I think I'm done bleeding! Then wham - red. I feel like I'll be wearing pads forever. Bleeeeh. 

Still dizzy-just waiting for primary care appointment to get here in a few weeks. 
  • I have so so much loose skin and there's more to come as i still have a pooch  :( waiting for my 6 week appointment do see if I have diastis recti at all and then I can plan a workout routine to try to get as much of my belly back as possible ... idk if I'll ever buy a bikini again tho 
  • @kjd291 finally stopped bleeding this week, 4 weeks pp. Was annoying brown spotting the end of all last week and it finally stopped, hurray! Going to my post partum visit with OB next week....DH can't wait for him to say that we can have sex again lol!! Hope the end is near for you too and you figure out what's causing the dizziness!
  • Back pain. Holy moly. So much picking things and people up off the floor. Toys. Cleaning. Laundry. Babies. My back is killing me.
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited March 2017
    @kjd291 - Nearly 4 weeks pp - How are things? Welp, I have worn a couple of pantiliners in the past week, and then I'm wearing a pad again a few hours later. And just this morning, I hardly had so much as a drop of blood for several hours, and then I passed a large clot while showering. (At least it didn't pass RIGHT after?? :lol:) Safe to say, things are winding down, albeit very slowly and not in a linear fashion. I hope your vertigo is relieved soon. It's alarming it's been going on for this long, and even more so that you have to wait so long to be seen for it. 
  • Yeah. Joys of the medical system. I need to remember to call and get put on the cancelation list to see if I can be seen sooner. I could get in a week sooner if I went with a male doc, but I'd rather stick with the woman and she's a DO which is an extra plus in my book.

The good news is: The vertigo isn't 24/7 anymore! It comes and goes during the day. Always appears when breastfeeding - so my uneducated guess is that it's something hormonal as my body adjusts. 

Also having some pretty epic hot flashes - had one so bad while nursing today that I tossed the baby and stripped down while running to the bathroom because it was so sudden and made me feel so warm and shaky I thought I might need to throw up. 
  • I finally have energy to do stuff. Im still trying to take it somewhat easy, so that the c section can heal properly and that I don't have the bleeding/cramps. So today I organized the stuff on my dining room table (purged so much paper!) I wanted to take a walk but a nap sounded so much better. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • So my milk came in yesterday leaving me extremely engorged and in pain. I had it to a manageable level most of the day then suddenly started shivering so badly I couldn't walk and the pain was unbearable. Neither of my breasts are red or inflamed but Im still pretty sore this morning with a low fever, headache, and hurting boobs! Should I watch out for mastitis here? Also I have been taking percocet for my afterbirth cramps and hadn't had one in a while so maybe I was having withdrawal symptoms from that? I don't know how addictive percocet is supposed to be if at all! 
  • @motherofdragons-2  yeah; just keep an eye on it. What's your temp? It's normal to be engorged for 48hrs or so, with slight raise in temp and it's definitely painful!!  Try some ibuprofin for the headache? Post partum Headaches are also pretty standard. 
  • @kjd291 thanks, good to know! :) My temp is 99.6 so not too bad, but I don't know what it was last night lol. Got the ibuprofen taken and I feel better also! 
  • @motherofdragons-2 I don't know what it means to get the chills/shivers, but that happened to me in the first week or two postpartum shortly after my milk came in.  I also alternated with insane night sweats.  Didn't have a fever and didn't have mastitis, so I don't know what it was related to.  The chills were intense INTENSE, although they'd go away pretty quickly.
  • I'm 4wks pp and still having the night sweats. Can't wait for finally being not too hot or not too cold.  Feel like all three of the bears in goldilocks all at the same time. Lol
  • missaligned pelvic bone, ab separation thing, and painful sex (pelvic floor disfunction) Mood swings................ 

SaveSave
  • @anonellis I had those insane chills too!  Freaked me out.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Phew, glad Im not alone/seriously ill lol! My LO had a horrible morning just like last night, fussing constantly and refusing to sleep unless attached to my boob and I could not figure out why until I took off her gown with the built in hand covers and swaddled her up and she fell asleep thirty seconds later!!! Wtf baby. She just hated having her hands covered! 
  • @Lexxilou1986 I was literally just thinking of this topic. With DD, I never remember even considering sex for months. I was suffering from PPD and just generally too exhausted. This time, I'm mentally SO READY. We have my friend's engagement party this weekend (which is only 4 weeks post partum) and I'm sure we'll consider it. a "date night".  I had a second degree tear this round, am still randomly spotting (brown) and frankly, am too scared that my cervix isn't closed yet to chance it (infection), but damn I don't remember being this tempted to chance fate the first time.  Out of curiosity - how far post partum are you? No judgement! <3
  • Ughhh the sweats. Hot cold hot cold. I feel like my Mom going through menopause. Pretty sure DH thinks I'm crazy. Also sitting on hard surfaces SUCKS.
  • kjd291 said:
    first baby I was so ready! I wanted to try around 3/4wks but was too nervous and waited for my 6wk check up (ended up being scheduled at 5wjs pp) and immediately did the deed.  
    This time I feel like I'm fine waiting till 2018. :lol:
    Lol this!!! :) I was so ready with DS1 but still waited for my PP checkup. This time I'm so exhausted and I'm sleeping in the baby's room so I can BF without waking DH.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • I'm definitely not ready for PP sex, haha. I have no tears and light bleeding, am getting fitted for an IUD in a couple of weeks, but I don't even wanna think about it unless there's copious wine involved which I won't touch until LO is 3mo :p poor DH!
  • @hippiemama I am 4.5 weeks PP. I peed before and after and we used a condom just in case :) I just felt so ready this time! 
  • What are you all planning to use or do for birth control? I was on the Pill for half my life and don't want to go back on it. But we hate condoms. And IUDs scare me, but I admit that I haven't truly researched those yet. I could do natural family planning but ugh.. I'm randiest during my fertile week. ;) I don't want to have to abstain during my favorite week of the cycle! Agh, decisions...
  • @dubcompanion I haven't decided what I want to do either, I go to the OB next week for my PP visit so will discuss my options with him. My friend got the mini pill because she was breastfeeding...but her baby is almost 11 months old and still hasn't gotten her period so she never took it. I'm on the same boat about not wanting to be on the pill anymore...actually I'm scared to have sex to be honest. I wonder if it will hurt? :(
  • @spartanrd4 I'm with you. I had 2 tears and an episiotomy and my recovery has been very long and slow. While I'm obviously going to have to wait awhile before we have sex again, I'm actually so scared to try it. I'm really worried it's going to be really painful. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in the scared of sex boat! I am still sore down there 16 days pp... hoping to really heal before we attempt 
  • I'm the opposite. Never been scared to have sex pp but maybe due to me always having high sex drive. I had 2 c-sections and one natural. The natural delivery I had no tears so I felt like my vagina was instantly back to normal and had to just wait for the bleeding to stop. I'm 6 wks pp now and feel like I could but going to wait until my appt next week. Also not getting on birth control. Just going to wing it. This was my husbands first child and he's 41 and he just said this kid makes him want to have a million kids. Too bad for him if I can't vbac again I'm only having one more. 
  • I'm leaning toward natural family planning. I know I don't want a third kid in the next year and that process nursing with no period is a little intimidating to me. It's a lot easier when you have Aunt Flo to help chart things. I need to have an answer for my PP appt though. Hmmm...
  • kjd291 said:
    I'm leaning toward natural family planning. I know I don't want a third kid in the next year and that process nursing with no period is a little intimidating to me. It's a lot easier when you have Aunt Flo to help chart things. I need to have an answer for my PP appt though. Hmmm...
    Natural family planning would be awfully hard when breastfeeding...I was not successful at tracking my temp when waking multiple times at night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never got my period after having DS. We were just winging it and ended up getting pregnant when DS was 9 months old and I was still breast feeding. I was happy with that bc I didn't have to track or plan or deal with the TWW haha. This time DH is just getting snipped so no birth control for me. I hate that stuff
  • I wish I knew I was done so we could just go get the snip!! We've always talked about kid three though. I know I'm only a month into this, but I'm thinking 20age gap?? ((Lord willing)) I like what I'm dealing with so far - want kids all close together to get out of baby stage and get some freedom but could go for a couple extra months. Maybe skip 18mo sleep regression and molars? Hah.
    I've only read one articles about natural family planning without period//according to that as long as temp was all over the place you aren't cycling?? I'll have to read more into it.  
    Either that or I'll just stick with abstinence ;) hahah
  • @Spartanrd4 I hear ya on the painful sex fear! I had a c-section, but I'm still worried it will hurt. :( 
    T-12 days until the 6-week follow up appt but even the OB okays it, I don't know if I will. DH is being such a good sport about it though. I might just need to lube it up and cross my fingers!

I am leaning towards natural family planning the more I think about it. But @longliveregina, you make a good point about temping. Maybe as LO sleeps better through the night, it'll get easier to get longer snatches of sleep (at least 4 consecutive hours). That way, obtaining a daily BBT would be possible. Oof. Maybe I'll just wing it like @kjd291. DH and I are both 31 so there's no rush, but we're in this together no matter what - whether our kids are 3 years apart (like he prefers) or are Irish twins! ;)
  • So, I'm still pregnant right now but I'm a STM  and just thought I'd jump in to say: post partum sex is intimidating. I had an episiotomy due to a forcep delivery and things felt pretty rough for the first few times. The best advice I found was, go slow and use lots of lube the first few times. And if it doesn't "work" the first time, try not to sweat it. In my limited experience it does get better. :) 
  • @Spartanrd4 I hear ya on the painful sex fear! I had a c-section, but I'm still worried it will hurt. :( 
    T-12 days until the 6-week follow up appt but even the OB okays it, I don't know if I will. DH is being such a good sport about it though. I might just need to lube it up and cross my fingers!

I am leaning towards natural family planning the more I think about it. But @longliveregina, you make a good point about temping. Maybe as LO sleeps better through the night, it'll get easier to get longer snatches of sleep (at least 4 consecutive hours). That way, obtaining a daily BBT would be possible. Oof. Maybe I'll just wing it like @kjd291. DH and I are both 31 so there's no rush, but we're in this together no matter what - whether our kids are 3 years apart (like he prefers) or are Irish twins! ;)
    Yes! Most important thing to remember :) 

I think the hardest part for me was just caring too much what other ppl think!! ((Obviously Irish twins are lots of work too-so there is that...) but each time I went another month not pregnant after my first I thought "phew!" More because I didn't want to have to announce a pregnancy so soon to family-not because I really cared about having another babe! My BFP was around 10mo PP and I still had so many side eyes and the actual nosey ppl who asked if it's was an "oops baby" with 2 under 2.  I can only imagine the extra drama I'd get with 3 under 3. Hahah. 
  • @kjd291 the side eye is so true! I feel like no matter what people will say something though .. if they're close you get the "oh that's going to be so hard and you'll never sleep" and if they are more spaced out you get "man it's like you have to start all over again" just be happy for us damn it! Lol