March 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues, & fun: 3/20

How are all the outside baby moms doing? Any new symptoms to share, complain, or ask questions about? 

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues, & fun: 3/20

• So sweaty. BUT also so cold!  As soon as I came home from the hospital I apologized to DH for how cold I'd been keeping the house thermostat set during pregnancy! Cuz brrrr!! I clicked that baby up a good 5 degrees and I'm still chilly! (Until I have a hot flash)
  • @kjd291 im so sweaty too! its ridiculous i wake up drenched  :s hows the vertigo going?
  • Loading the player...
  • Day 8 postpartum and I thought my bleeding was tapering off and getting lighter but all of a sudden heavy bleeding today. I almost put a panty liner on this morning, thank goodness I didn't! Now I'm all anxious about it. 

I'm also very sweaty, I'm trying to get used to the new boiler system too since we moved so I'm either too hot or too cold and I'm trying to keep baby at a decent temp but it's hard! With the boiler system it takes so long to cool down once it's hot so I've been alternating between half naked and sweaters. 
  • @kjd291 YES to being cold all of the time now!!! I can't decide if it's the post partum hormones or the fact that I'm down 25lbs (baby + lots of water) since my delivery 2 weeks ago but either way - I am blasting my poor DH out with the heat.  I've always run way hot so I can't get used to this freezing constantly situation. 
  • wedding rings still don't fit  :/ i wasn't really expecting them too I'm just really hoping my fingers go back to their original size bc my ring is wicked complicated to resize 
  • I itch. So bad. All over my legs and sometimes my arms too. I've scratched so much I accidentally made myself bleed... what is happening to me? 
  • liepertsmliepertsm member
    edited March 2017
    @Gators&BoSox mine doesn't fit yet either...I was bummed
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

•  hows the vertigo going?
    Still hanging around! I *think* it was better today??  I cannot for the life of me tell if it's getting slightly better, or if I'm just getting so used to it that it's effecting me a tad less. 

Went to chiropractor today-my neck has been super tense so that alone was worth the trip! He was like--wow your neck is so messed up! SO: Hoping I wake up tomorrow with whatever he did fully in effect and lessening the issue! Cuz a girl needs to hope!
  • Baby became REMARKABLY more demanding today. I've spent the whole day with a nipple in her mouth. 

I itch. So bad. All over my legs and sometimes my arms too. I've scratched so much I accidentally made myself bleed... what is happening to me? 
    Two thoughts:
    1. Dry air from the heater?
    2. During pregnancy itching randomly is a red flag something might be wrong like cholitis (spelling?). Does anyone know if that's still true postpartum?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby became REMARKABLY more demanding today. I've spent the whole day with a nipple in her mouth. 

I itch. So bad. All over my legs and sometimes my arms too. I've scratched so much I accidentally made myself bleed... what is happening to me? 
    Two thoughts:
    1. Dry air from the heater?
    2. During pregnancy itching randomly is a red flag something might be wrong like cholitis (spelling?). Does anyone know if that's still true postpartum?
    I'm not an expert... but I think you can still get PUPPS (so) postpartum-so if it's still really really bad I'd contact your doc.
    @JustAnotherUsername16
    drinking enough water? I feel like I'm constantly drinking but my skin is still dry and my lips are cracking from needing even more water!
    I've also heard some ppl say things about post partum rashes and itching from hospital -- everything from a negative reaction to a med to the detergant from the beds, etc etc.
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I was very itchy too after I had my baby and they said it was from the meds they gave me. They gave me Benadryl to help. 
  • @mcdonald-bailey that makes since because I had an IV in for several days due to an abnormally long labor and delivery. How long did it take before it went away from you? I an 10 days PP right now 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 add me to the itchy club and we're almost 7 weeks postpartum. It's awful and hasn't gone away. I've been using baby oil now in the shower and that seems to help some and make it more tolerable. I know it isn't dehydration I drink a ton, and I lotion several times a day. Not sure if pupps can occur postpartum but maybe if ifs getting to bad we need to get some tests done? I know liver problems can make you horribly itchy. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• I've been itchy too!! It's maddening. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Definitely getting my first actual period since LO was born in January and this is no joke. Worst period I've ever had. Cramping, bloating, headache and most of all, I'm more moody than during the pregnancy. I really hope this period thing gets better.
  • Definitely getting my first actual period since LO was born in January and this is no joke. Worst period I've ever had. Cramping, bloating, headache and most of all, I'm more moody than during the pregnancy. I really hope this period thing gets better.
    It does!! My first period with DD1 was absolutely the worst of my life-pain so bad I was nauseous.  The next one was back to normal! Hang in there! 
  • edited March 2017
    The pain is so bad that I asked DH to give the baby a bath. Normally that's my nightly routine but even making dinner took everything I had lol
  • If any of you got/are still taking Tylenol #3, Norco, or Percocet those all have codeine or a codeine related pain medication which can cause itching (like what others said above). 

@alexxapplepiee baths are totally my husband's thing lol. They told us at the hospital to let dad be in charge of bath time so he has something to do where he can bond and be responsible, especially if you're ebf and dad obviously can't help with that. 

I get random cramps in my belly. I guess my uterus is still contracting? Don't have any big clots or anything but I just have like this dull achy pain randomly then it passes. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aaaaand I'm back to having heavyish bright red bleeding with some small clots. I can't "take it easy" forever, darn it!! (3 weeks pp on Thursday.) I feel defeated. Like, I get that my uterus needs to heal, but wtf? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My feet and Ankles are so swollen and painful. I thought they were swollen during pregnancy but now they've reached a new level. I can barely walk.

also my milk came in but it won't let down. I don't know what to do. Baybe latches and sucks but all he gets out are drops. :(
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
  • So I've had a headache since a few days after I had my son. I'm surebits just from the shift in my hormones. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get rid of it? I've tried tylenol, ibuprofen, naproxen soxium, and asprin. Nothing's worked thus far.
  • @ShannonJ96 did you have an epidural? That's one of the after effects my nurses kept asking about. I would mention it to your doc as soon as possible. 
  • @ShannonJ96 I had daily headaches for 2.5 weeks! I'm 3 weeks PP now and still getting some minor ones but nothing like before. 

Agree that if you had an epidural or spinal, you need to call asap. Other causes could be high BP (also something they'd want to see you for) or anemia.... my OB said they wouldn't attribute it to hormones. In my case I'm guessing it was the anemia. They recommended taking a combo of Tylenol, Benadryl, and caffeine (around 60mg) all together. I chose not to take the Benadryl bc it can negatively affect milk supply and I'm EBF. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @longliveregina boo! I haven't had "heavy" bleeding anymore. But I go several hours with nothing on the pad and think maybe I'm almost done!? But sure enough I get more gushes of red. 

I was definitely done last time so so much sooner. I feel like I'm going to be stuck wearing pads for the next month. my friend gave me two huge boxes as a practical baby gift and I thought to myself--this is overkill-I'm never going to use all of these.  Joke is on me! I'm done with all the hospital pads I stole, and through one of her boxes already. 

Did they say how long to expect heavy-ish bleeding and clots since finding that internal abnormal blood flow at your US? 
  • @Jilliants @MahiMama
    Yeah, I did have an epidural. I thought the headache from that was something that was supposed to happen in the first day or so afterwards. 

Perhaps I should have actually read their list of side effects before getting it. Then again, its still better than the terrible back labor I was having. Oh well. I suppose I should probably touch base with my doctor then.
  • kjd291 said:v
    @longliveregina boo! I haven't had "heavy" bleeding anymore. But I go several hours with nothing on the pad and think maybe I'm almost done!? But sure enough I get more gushes of red. 

I was definitely done last time so so much sooner. I feel like I'm going to be stuck wearing pads for the next month. my friend gave me two huge boxes as a practical baby gift and I thought to myself--this is overkill-I'm never going to use all of these.  Joke is on me! I'm done with all the hospital pads I stole, and through one of her boxes already. 

Did they say how long to expect heavy-ish bleeding and clots since finding that internal abnormal blood flow at your US? 
    Nope...but they did say my first pp period would be a B!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kjd291 said:v
    @longliveregina boo! I haven't had "heavy" bleeding anymore. But I go several hours with nothing on the pad and think maybe I'm almost done!? But sure enough I get more gushes of red. 

Nope...but they did say my first pp period would be a B!
    Oh joy! They give you so much to look forward to ...
  • i haven't had a period since october of 2014 (DD was apparently conceived my first time ovulating after DS) i wish i could just not get them anymore since we won't be having any more children and i will now deem them pointless and unnecessary haha
  • Nice! I only had the one gloriously awful first PP period then got preggo with DD2 after a really weird period that was just  one day of spotting! So-technically two periods here since November 2014!  But I think all this PP bleeding makes up for the many months without them. Haha. 
  • Thanks guys. My head space is alotbetternowthatmy H is home and I'm laying on my bed
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys. My head space is alotbetternowthatmy H is home and I'm laying on my bed
    Good! Hope you can rest up thisnevening and get lots of sleep through the night to feel better tomorrow! 
  • @pandalily
    I'm glad that's not just me that's getting the dull, achy, crampy feeling. In addition to that, I have redeveloped my issues with eating beef. My fiance's grandmother went to the trouble of fixing me a steak for dinner the other night, and I was up all night with a sharp stbbing pain in my stomach from eating it. Oh well. Goodbye, meat.

I couldn't have any narcotics post delivery as I had a substance abuse problem in the past (been clean for 3 years) and didn't want to chance having more issues now. I stay hydrated and best we know my liver is very healthy. So, I wonder what is causing my itchiness. Its mostly my arms, palms, legs, and feet that are itching.

Everyone jumped at the chance to tell me how much pregnancy was going to suck, but no one warned me how miserable the postpartum time is. How long does all this nonsense last?
  • I'm hoping it's just a sign of healing, but I'm SO itchy down there I feel like I have a yeast infection. :( between that and the pain from my stitches I'm starting to reach the end of my rope with being uncomfortable and in pain all the time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulie said:
    I'm hoping it's just a sign of healing, but I'm SO itchy down there I feel like I have a yeast infection. :( between that and the pain from my stitches I'm starting to reach the end of my rope with being uncomfortable and in pain all the time. 
    Same here! Hopefully we're back to normal soon 
  • @kris523sydney I'm sorry you are struggling.  Hang in there.  I think it's great you are able to acknowledge it.  Don't be afraid to seek help if it becomes too much.  The ladies here are a tremendous support.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @kris523sydney hugs mama. if you are really struggling and can tell it's more than just the baby blues please reach out to family, friends and your doctor. And definitely continue to share your struggles here! You're not alone. <3