TTC after 35

TTC over 35 Weekly Check In (week of 3.20)

2»

Re: TTC over 35 Weekly Check In (week of 3.20)

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    @Momifbysea- I would probably be the same way.  You have a LOT on your plate so take it easy on yourself.  Also 12 weeks on PIO shots sounds right.  If I got pregnant I would have to continue suppositories until 10 weeks pregnant.  Sometimes I wonder if my P was always at this level even with DD.  For your anxiety you might want to try guided meditation and baths at night.  That always helps me. 

I might eventually just call us 1 and done, but I still have a bit of hope.

So these suppositories are making my hungrier by the day.  I woke up at 3am hungry for a snack and my anxiety started to rear its head again.  I'm not pregnant I know that.  It is very much like pregnancy hunger though.  I'm debating getting off them and taking a cream instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Labluver2 - sorry you are out but your DH is right.  I'm happy with my life as it is right now.  We could use a bit more cash flow but we are rich in everything else.  Maybe God is just waiting for the right time to add another to our family.  IDK I feel really at peace with all this stuff lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • @PoeMasque - I'm feeling the bloat from these suppositories and I've only been on them 3 days.  I'm glad you have had minimal symptoms. 
  • @vlagrl29 any tips where I can find free guided meditation? Also, I am so glad to read you are at peace with all this. That is a good place to be in!
  • @Momifbysea- I use an app on my iphone called "insight timer".  They have tons of different catergories of meditations.  For example when I took that pill a few weeks ago and had all those crazy symptoms again my anxiety came back hard core.  That night I drew a warm bath and put it on a 10 minute Yoga Nidra which helped relax my body.  I also used it a lot when I had that pregnancy in December.  Lots of anxiety then too.

When is your egg retrival?  If it's not too far from now just do your best to keep your eye on the prize.  BTW my hunger has subsided a bit.  I think it was just my body trying to get use to the extra dose of hormone.
  • @vlagrl29 I'm glad to hear about your hunger subsiding, as I know it's been on your mind. I wonder what causes that? As for my ER, it's going to be 4/19-4/21, one of those days. Gosh that seems so far away! This is like a marathon! If only the treatment included having spiders crawl on me it would cover all my fears haha! 
  • @Momifbysea I am also anti-meds in general and prone to anxiety and panic attacks. BUT, let me tell you that the IVF meds were really very easy, because you have other things to think about, such as how many eggs, how/when you will transfer, etc. In a way it's an exciting process because you know you will have no regrets at the end. I think it's worth it. And it is easier than you think. Even with my bad case of OHSS after the ER (you probably don't have to worry about it, it happens with younger or PCOS women), in the end it was worth it, because any discomfort/pain comes and goes, but the result (or the lack of regret) is everlasting. 

So take it easy and enjoy the ride. For anxiety, what I found helped me was acupuncture (never thought I would say that but yeah), therapeutic massage, exercising, walking and praying/going to church specifically for this purpose. 
  • @Momifbysea- I'm not sure - I think hormones do weird things to your body and mine were probably happy the way they were.  I honestly thought it would continue to last.  With the pill the nausea/puking were like pregnancy symptoms and this was also like a pregnancy symptom.  I don't like pregnancy symptoms when I'm not pregnant lol

Mid April does seem like awhile from now but I'm sure the time will go fast and before you know it it will all be over!
  • PoeMasquePoeMasque member
    edited March 2017
    @Momifbysea you heard right. Because your body won't have a luteal cyst to secrete hormones for your embryo in the first 3-10 weeks, you have to get those hormones through the PIO shots (AND vaginal suppositories, yay!) until the placenta develops and takes over. I'll be honest, the stim meds were much worse than the PIO! I don't even feel the PIO shots and they aren't leaving bruises or sore spots like the menopur and gonal-f did. You can do it! Once you get a few under your belt you will realize it's no big deal :) 

quick update, I'm 10 days past trigger and I tested today to make sure it was out of my system. I got the faintest squinter, so I'm going to give it 3 more days before testing again and feeling confident that I won't get a false positive. This wait is the hardest!! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh that's so exciting @PoeMasque

fx the line gets darker! This part of the journey is almost coming to a close. 
  • @PoeMasque Also tested 10d past trigger and got the faintest line on a Frer. It was most likely a false positive, now I'm biting my nails until I test again...
  • @PoeMasque and @liljoy that must be a slow wait, wow! Appreciate so much your calming words also. I could never do this without this group's support! I have a feeling I'll be that high-maintenance friend the next month or two, lol! My plan is to do a nice bath tonight and try to not overtax myself on things, try to relax, and meditate. I went to church this morning and I feel at peace at the moment.
  • @PoeMasque and @liljoy - good luck to both of you and hope its not false positives - 10 DPO seems so early although I do know it's possible to show although that's never been the case with me.

@Momifbysea - enjoy that bath!

As for myself I'm feeling pretty optimistic about my suppositories - seems my body has adjusted to them and I'm hopeful that maybe these will do the trick to getting a bean to stick and stay stuck long term.  Going forward I will probably monitor my O day more closely.  It was really obvious this month with O pains all day long but that's not always the case.  I wouldn't want to start the suppositories too early and hender conception.
  • SP128SP128 member
    Good luck and hopefully you all get those bfp!!!

@vlagrl29 glad the suppositories are still going well. 

I think im going to o soon. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• I would love to get pregnant this cycle and really hope we do as it's the last chance for a 2017 baby and our last chance to use the low deductible plan we bought this year.  I was for sure we would have used it by now go figure - who knew it would take longer TTC and then have a loss only to TTC again.  We are on the marketplace and I don't have much hope for 2018 options.
  • @vlagrl29 I know, we can do all this planning and in the end, it's going to happen when it's going to happen. That has been the biggest challenge for me is not being in control beyond a certain degree of TTC vs not TTC. I'm hopeful maybe marketplace plans won't change significantly if they really do move on to other priorities, fingers crossed for you!
  • to be honest with you I was kinda disappointed they won't be tweaked for the better - I'm less hopeful now than I was about it.  We've been on them since they opened and its gotten worse every year with less plans and more expensive premiums.  We really love our blue cross plan but I just have this feeling they will pull out of our area for 2018 and that will only leave us with the option of Cigna which means I'd only have access to 1 hospital in our area - a hospital I don't even want to go to.  I'm happy with my choices now.  Last year BCBS has at least 10 plans and this year they only have 2 and premiums went up.  If by chance they stay on I expect premiums to increase again.  I've never seen insurance so dang expensive and I've been buying in the individual market most of my life.  I looked into getting onto the cost sharing christian options out there but they don't cover pre existing for 12 months which would mean they wouldn't cover maternity until you paid into it a little bit.  I see us moving onto those cost sharing plans once we eventually have a baby.  I know of 2 people on them and they are extremely happy with it.  @Momifbysea
  • @vlagrl29 I'm sorry to hear that, I didn't realize. I've never bought in the individual marketplace before. We have BCBS but it's a great plan through my employer. Hence is doing all this IVF business before we lose coverage in a couple months! It sucks that insurance worries have to be added to this already stressful process.
  • it really does suck @Momifbysea - so I was on COBRA 7 years ago when I got laid off and we decided to get pregnant with DD during those 18 months because of the good coverage I had.  If I had known it would have taken so long to get pregnant maybe we would have started earlier but I thought it would only take a few months honestly.  We've been on a great BCBS plan the last 2 years - ideally it would have been best to use it for a baby then.  ugh - IDK I guess everything always works out in the end.  But insurance is stressful and I wish they would fix ACA for the better.  I believe it will just fail in the not to distant future if they don't do anything.