TTC after 35
Options

TTC over 35 Weekly Check In (week of 3.20)

Hi everyone.  I hope you all had a great weekend and the week is off to a good start.  

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  

Rants/Raves

Questions for the group: 

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group: 

History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: TTC over 35 Weekly Check In (week of 3.20)

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  IVF BCP/antibiotics phase

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD8

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  IVF - prepping for April ER. Taking BCP/Flagyll/aspirin/prenatals/vitamin D this week

Rants/Raves
    : A few weeks back I shared a rant about a pharmacist. This rant has converted to a...well, not a rave but at least a non-rant, lol! My encounter with her yesterday was really positive; I chose to give her a fresh start and she ended up opening up to me about her having gone through IVF 28 years ago!

Questions for the group: I would love any advice on how to better tolerate meds (as far as nausea/vomiting type side effects) for those of us really sensitive to meds. For example, one reason I went off bcp in the past was because even the low-dose ones left me with a chronic, low-level nausea. I'm having trouble keeping food down with an antibiotic right now and am nervous about how the stims will go.

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group: I have to say happy first day of spring! I am loving having the sun be out longer after work and am hoping in the next few weeks once it's warmer to get out for some evening walks for good mental health during all this!
  • Options
    katekate628katekate628 member
    edited March 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  

I guess TWW has turned into 3WW. Headed to 1st RE appt 4/6. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD36

testing, temping, prenatal, vit D. 

Rants/Raves
    :

If AF is going to show up I wish she would get it over with! This is the longest cycle I've ever had. No symptoms that I can tell either way. 

Questions for the group:

I'm not really sure if I O'ed this month. I was getting used to temping and using opks. If I did O, the darkest my opk got was CD22 but it wasn't as dark as the control. If AF doesn't show should I start using opks again? If so, when? 

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group:

I truly appreciate the feedback I have received so far from the group. Since I'm new to this group and don't know much about all the testing & temping etc. I just wanted to say thanks for being so kind! Happy Spring!

Also, I ordered a box of CB opks online & they sent a case!! I emailed and they told me to keep them! Jackpot! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    katekate628katekate628 member
    edited March 2017
    @Momifbysea I know someone told me to try ginger tea for nausea. I hate tea so I never did. I always take culturelle (probiotics) when taking antibiotics and that does help some. I don't know what you are or aren't allowed to do preparing for ivf but I wonder if the doc could give you a low dose of phenegran? 

Hope you get relief soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Options
    Thanks @katekate628! I can't do tea right now but I stocked up on yogurt so will try to eat one a day to avoid yeast infection too. As for your question, I'm sorry I can't help there, that's a really good question! Maybe one for your dr?
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I'm sorry about the nausea.  I would definitely bring that up to your RE or a nurse and see what recommendations they have.  

@katekate628 Ugh how frustrating.  Are you charting your temps?  You should be able to see the surge right after you O but its not always clear.  

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    :  stimming for ER 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 8

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  ER likely this weekend!

Rants/Raves
    : Last cycle I had no side effects to the stims and this cycle I feel awful - like I have the flu or something.  Hopefully that means I am responding better to the stims and we will have a better ER. 

Questions for the group: 

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group: It's such bright sunny day - I hope spring sticks around! 

2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 do you mean flu symptoms as in tired, achy, feel like you've been run over by a truck? I'm lurking on boards it seems women doing stims go to bed by like 7:30! I hope you can rest and I REALLY hope you're right in that it means they are working overtime for a great ER!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea Yes, exactly.  I don't feel sick like I actually have the flu.  I just feel crappy.  I have a super long day tomorrow so I will definitely be in bed early tonight.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 thinking of you on your super long day!!! Hang in there, woman!

AFM, can I just say what a different quality of life I have compared to yesterday? No more dry heaving, slept well last night, and the 5-day cream treatment alternative with no side effects is so much better than the Flagyl! I feel back to myself and "up for the ride" again.
  • Options
    @Momifbysea - what worked for me for nausea when I was pregnant was ginger gum that you can get at walgreens/CVS , peppermints, and lavender essential oil.

I've been MIA for a bit.  I should be starting my P suppositories probably tomorrow night.  I decided I don't want to do any intervention unless absolutely necessary.  I was able to get pregnant in December.  No Clomid or anything like that.  I could never do IVF - @Momifbysea you are going to kick @ss at it :)  I just want to enjoy my life as it is right now and letting go is continuing to work really well for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @laurad75  Hope your super long day goes by quick!  It's past 3 pm. Hopefully it's almost quitting time for you. I hope you feel better.  

@katekate628  Sorry, I can't help with your question.  Like what @Momifbysea said, ask doc?

@vlagrl29  I admire your continued chill attitude : )

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):   WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD7

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):   HSG scheduled for Thursday, DH has SA and blood work on Friday.  I did day 3 testing last Friday., Preseed, Prenatals.  Been staying warm and overall eating warm foods during TWW.  Probably continue that.  

Rants/Raves
    :  4% getting KU on our own still seems low to me.  I'm hoping that the test results prove RE wrong.  Patiently waiting for Amazon to send me my OPKs and preseed.  Ordered it on March 14th, it hasn't shipped yet and it is saying that it'll get here by March 24th.  I'm down to 2 OPKs.  

Questions for the group: 

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group:  Going to Vegas next month
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    I think it helps that I already have a kid ya know @sp128 - today we were in the grocery store and DD pointed out the rice and said that was the size of the baby that was in my tummy and no longer is. I didn't cry - I believe I'm healing from that. I just feel letting go is the way to be. If it's meant to happen it will. If nothing by end of the year I'll look into an RE. 
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29  This struggle is hard for anyone, kid or not.  I do think that I may have an easier time if I already have a LO though....  and maybe I won't be knocking down the REs door for answers (I haven't done this yet, but I can foresee it) Right now I have a 9 year old puppy :)
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    I have no doubt you'll get pregnant soon @sp128.  This process has taught me some things just aren't in my control. It only took me 1 month to get pregnant with DD. 6 months with our loss so I'm prepared if this takes another 6. I just don't like the way I feel in meds. One of the yoga teachers is 60. It was quick to get pregnant with her first and 3 years to get pregnant with her 2nd. It gives me hope that it can happen again. You'll feel better once you get your tests back.
  • Options
    The way I see it (and I may be wrong), if a woman is able to get pregnant once successfully or even have a miscarriage, then she has better chances to conceive without RE intervention or with minimal intervention. The MC is likely due to abnormal eggs, which are 50% by mid-30s, so it's to be expected. However, if you never get a BFP (like me), then the issue is more complex (could be anovulation, endometriosis, blocked tubes, MFI or implantation dysfunction). My eggs seem to be better than average, but endo and MFI are probably the "unexplained" mystery. I never ever got a BFP in over 1 year of OPKs...:(
  • Options
    @Momifbysea im glad you are feeling better! The flagyl gave me oral thrush that I still haven't been able to totally kick, I hate antibiotics. As for stims, my only side effects were an achy abdomen, constipation, and slight irritability. I only had these symptoms the last few days of stims, but the constipation was the worst! I ended up taking mirilax after ER, then had horrible diarrhea for three days (note to self, start with a half dose next time!). After ER my boobs hurt SO bad! But they are finally returning to normal. So far no side effects from the PIO shots. 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):   ET today! We were down to just three embryos on Monday, so I'm super nervous to go in and hear how many are left today :(

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): technically 5DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):   IVF, prenatals, baby aspirin, probiotics. 

Rants/Raves
    :  I came down with a stomach flu yesterday afternoon with a fever of 102 that Tylenol wasn't helping. Thankfully I feel a million times better today, but what a good reminder to appreciate our bodies when they are functioning well! I felt so terrible that all I could do was lay on the couch and whine about how awful I felt. My lovely SO brought me ginger ale, saltine, and flowers though, so that helped a little :)

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group: I don't have a fever anymore and my joints aren't on fire, so it's a pretty amazing day!! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque so glad you're feeling better and let us know how ET goes! Yikes so exciting that you're finally at this point!!!
  • Options
    Hello!  I'd mostly been browsing the Infertility boards lately, or off of the Bump altogether for sanity.  Sometimes I forget I go here too.

Good luck today @PoeMasque!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    :  Started lupron last week, have baseline u/s Thursday AM, and waiting for AF @the end of the week to start stimming for IVF #2 (#1 was unfortunately a disaster - insurance only covers 2 cycles)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD27/13DPO (counting day of hysteroscopy the day after I stopped OCP as CD1), but sort of moot. I only know because I had to go thru the whole OPK exercise (confirmed with a digital for the first time) this month to determine when I could start the lupron - but we couldn't even try naturally since RE has me on Androgel :(. Somehow I still ovulated on CD14 after all the stim meds and then OCP again (wasn't sure I would).

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Getting ready for IVF #2.  Oh the supplements...Prenatal vitamin, ubiquinol, life extension mitochondrial energy optimizer, NAC, D3, E, C, fish oil, inositol, magnesium, melatonin (not worried about suppression since will be stimming for IVF), took vitex between cycles, DHEA (if no Androgel)...but didn't start some of this stuff till 5-6 weeks ago so probably too late to help for this cycle.

Rants/Raves
    : I know not everyone here is going the ART route at the moment, but felt like I more belonged on an "IVF over 35" (or 40 even though I'm 39.5)-type board than on the regular infertility ones.  I of course wish the best for everyone, but sometimes it's hard hearing numbers that I could never even dream of.  I appreciate the perspective of the older crowd :)

Questions for the group:  
    I started seeing a therapist after the awful results of my first IVF on my RE's recommendation (and since never got myself to one after *TW* not making it to 12 weeks with our first in October), but she doesn't really have any helpful recommendations on how to maintain balance during this process.  Not even sure I should keep seeing her (or maybe find another) but at this point it only costs me $6 per session and time.  What do you all do?

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group:   I'm excited to visit Portland for the first time in June! (Also planning helps distract me from all of this ttc stuff).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @artemis618 Yes, I also think it's detrimental to compare results with the early 30s on the IVF board. Late 30s/early 40s is a totally different ballgame. Especially if the man is over 40 (this counts more than it was thought in the past). This was also my 2nd IVF (after a disastrous first one), and I've seen a therapist but she can't really offer much support/advice because she's old and doesn't even understand the process. 

@PoeMasque How was your transfer? We're both PUPO, eeek, right? Now I'm trying to relax and decide when to start testing...they told me beta was after 2 weeks (what????) No way I think that's reasonable. 

• Options
    PoeMasquePoeMasque member
    edited March 2017
    @artemis618 we are OOP for all IF stuff (Oregon does not require IF coverage), so if this cycle doesn't work for us this may be it. We don't really have an extra $16k laying around, so I can understand how it feels to really need an IVF cycle to work. Our RE's office does a support group for infertility, maybe finding something like that would help? Also, have fun in Portland! I lived there for 15 years and just sold my home there a year ago, it's got so many fun spots to visit, eat, and drink at! 

@liljoy transfer went well! We had two "perfect" embryos and maybe one to freeze (it was still not grade-able). We transferred both and are really hoping they both stick! When is your beta? 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque - twins would be awesome and then you could be done :)
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @PoeMasque. Fx for a double dose of joy!!!
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  Tww

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD25 11DPO waiting for AF to arrive Due Friday(tomorrow)

Timed intercourse, BBT, preseed, prenatal,CosQ10, zinc, chastaberry
    Rants/Raves
    : Nothing right now

Questions for the group: How does one stay positive during the infertility journey. I try but it's so emotional. I get it will happen don't give up but its so hard when your not the one going thru it. 

Share something positive (TTC related or not) with the group: I'm fostering a boxer pit mix she's been with me for 2 months now. When she came she was severely under weight, used as a fighting dog and was scared. Today only 2 months later she is 48lbs and the happiest sweetest girl. She loves all people and gets along great with my dogs. If only I could convince my husband to let me keep her.
  • Options
    @Labluver2 i don't think you have to stay positive. I think it's ok to be discouraged and upset. IF is a reasonable thing to be upset about! I think people who shove it under the carpet aren't dealing with it now, but will definitely deal with it later and likely worse. I always allow myself to indulge in those emotions when they arise, but I don't let them take over. I'm a realist, so I understand that we might actually never have a child of our own and I will eventually be ok with that. It doesn't mean we won't ever be parents. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I def have my days. Its frustrating my last RE didn't really find anything a little inflammation on my left tube and wanted to start IUI insurance doesn't pay for it and they wouldn't work with our finances. I went into depression for a few months that we decided to take a break. Have an appt with a new RE who claims they will work with us fingers crossed. I'm just afraid that all those emotions and depression will come back again. I guess it all comes with this journey. I'm 38 so I feel my time is running short especially since I would like 2 kids and its this hard having just one. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 - I try and focus on what I do have in my life to be thankful for, let go of control and try to enjoy the journey. Corny I know - lots of yoga in there as well. Also keeping a bit of hope knowing at the right time it will happen.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 doesn't sound corny at all. I do try and do those things. My husband always says if it doesn't happen we still have a great marriage and life with our fur kids. I had a dream the other night my grandmom(passed) was sitting in my living room chair she said I have a gift for you and she handed me a baby in a pink blanket. I woke up crying bit it also gave me hope that she was trying to tell me it will happen. Ive had a few dreams like that and it was always a girl. I went to a medium last year and she said she saw a baby spirit around me but she wasn't ready to come in yet. All these things give me hope. 
  • Options
    awe that's sweet @Labluver2 - I'm also enjoying my body right now as well.  Knowing 1 day it will blimp up and some things will be harder for me to do like getting out of bed.  several times this week DD told me if she ever had a little brother she would move out of the house.  I told her the sex of the baby shouldn't matter and we have no control over that as well.
  • Options
    I guess I didn't do a check in yet.  2nd cycle TTCAL and in the TWW.  This is the first cycle I've used progesterone suppositories and so far so good with zero crazy side effects.  BD was good with -3, -1, +1.  I'm not using OPKs or charts anymore.  My body is so regular I O on the same day every month and this month was a bit different with left ovary pains all day on the day I O'd.  So I take these suppositories until my AF comes.  If it hasn't come by the 16th day post O then I'll test.  If it's negative I'll stop the suppositories until the next cycle.  I'm a bit worried that it may delay my AF but the nurse said it wouldn't .  I'm so use to my regular cycles and I don't want them jacked up.

I know it's been mentioned on here that I should be taking clomid instead but this is the path I want to take for now.  If I ever did clomid I would want to be monitored more than what an OB does and we don't have fertility coverage or the money to see an RE.  Also, honestly I don't feel we'll need to see one.  I was able to get pregnant with our loss in December so it will happen again.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 fingers crossed for you. I would do exactly what your doing just for the fact that you did conceive so you know you can get pregnant. Especially if you don't have any coverage for the RE. Our insurance only covers diagnostics. So I had all the testing done and then we had to wait. We found another RE that said they are willing to work with the finances.

I have an appt on April 11th but if everything goes well we would go for our IUI the end of April as I would have just ovulated at the time of Tue appt. 

Today is CD26 and I'm still spotting so I'm sure AF is coming tomorrow she is due. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 to be honest I know I could never take all those meds needed for IVF.  I hate taking medicine.  Just taking the suppositories is enough for me.  I feel like they are making me a bit more tired but it's more likely that DD is on spring break this week wearing me out!  Also I don't want to spend money out of our pocket for all that RE stuff - I'd rather put that money in savings or for home improvements.  Shelling out money for something that may or may not happen would be stressful for me.
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 I hate even taking Advil!! Honestly I probably would be of haven gone to the re already if i didn't have coverage. 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    @sp128 - I do think these suppositories might be making me more hungry which kinda sucks.  I just finished a sandwich for lunch and i don't feel totally satisfied.  I was the same way with dinner last night.  Hope I don't gain weight!  Have to remind myself to make good food choices.
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 I've been eating hearty and healthy meals for months in hope to support an embryo. I've def gained a couple of pounds. Just bought Brazil nuts yesterday. During tww I eat things like eggs and avocados. All the calories. MAkes me feel like I'm doing something 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Options
    well that's good @sp128 - I've been living a healthy life style for almost 6 years now.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 i am really sensitive to meds, so i was super scared when they put me on the highest dose of IVF meds, but my side effects were really minimal. The worst part was (and still is) the constipation/bloat. The shots did not hurt at all, even the IM ones. I'm a total wuss, so I feel like if I can manage this it would be no sweat for others :) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Panic attack after reading all the paperwork finally from the IVF class and pharmacy. Vomited twice from nerves I think. @PoeMasque you and others are champs at this! Not sure of myself with this move also on my mind.
  • Options
    I'm out the cycle AF came this morning right on schedule.

My husband and I talked and decided we would try a few cycles with clomid and IUI but if nothing then we would stop. We couldn't afford to pay for IVF and I'm the same way don't know if I could take all those medications. I get anxiety just thinking of having to take the trigger shot.

My husband said something to me last night that really hit me and hes right. He said to me I know you want a child but are you happy with our life right now. I said yes I am he's like well if it doesn't happen nothing will change we will still have a happy life together with or without. Some days I don't think about it at all and other days its all I can think about. 

I've also changed my lifestyle 2 years ago I lost 30lbs eat healthy and exercise. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 I'm sorry you're out this cycle but you have a really great attitude. If mine wasn't covered by insurance and I didn't have the pressure of the $9k of drugs sitting here then I would probably back out too. My husband said to me we can stop this process any time if it's going to do this to you, but then I read from people like @PoeMasque or @laurad75 and being on that other side seems so good with those needles and side effects behind me. I HATE that I have drug, pill swallowing, needle, and side effect (gi) anxiety!!! Thanks for reading and thank God for the support on here!
  • Options
    @PoeMasque how long do you take the PIO shots for? My nurse said through 12 weeks of pregnancy but I pray I misunderstood?
  • Options
    @SP128 and @vlagrl29 YES! I feel you on the meds- I don't even do Advil except one in my life like 20 years ago lol.