Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20th

2»

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20th

• EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
    edited March 2017
    @vintage girl I hope your ultrasound goes great and helps reassure you tomorrow! 

@hopeby2015 Thanks so much. I am trying not to worry. They will keep an eye on it but the doc didn't seem at all alarmed. 
  • @vintage girl my little is measuring behind too and there was no concern. Plus my OB guessed a later due date (this is a science so I don't get the differing due dates haha). It's hard to measure them when they're so itty bitty, I had a moment of panic so I get it!

@lizycs welcome!! Keep us posted on the second beta. I'm the same, I've even seen the heartbeat but I'm still anxious for my next appointment. We're going to get a teddy bear for baby this weekend (my husband got my daughter one early in my first pregnancy) so I hope that'll help it feel real :) congrats again!!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    @vintage girl my little bean was a few days behind at the last scan as well, but it is completely normal! It can change depending on the angle of the scan, and both my RE and OBGYN have said that the date can differ by 3 - 5 days. I know it is stressful though. We work so hard to get here, so anything that doesn't sound absolutely perfect is bound to raise concerns. FX for tomorrow!

ETA: I guess I don't have a "little bean" anymore...more of a kumquat.  :p
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    @vintage girl **I thought I posted this earlier but never hit "post reply"  :# Yay I am so happy to hear that all is well!!! I wish the Dr and nurse hadn't put that worry into your head as well. Now you can breathe and enjoy growing your little bean.  :) Do you know when your next appointment is?

@emgem819 hope the baby shower you are throwing this weekend is going perfect and fun!!

AFM: I was told to stop my progesterone and estrogen patches yesterday at 10 weeks. So far I am tapering it off to once a day instead of twice(the clinic said that is fine for a few days if i wanted to). I feel like I'm having cramps, and I think that is normal, but wanted to see if you guys could chime in if you stopped around this time. I keep thinking in my head, that the placenta hasn't fully taken over yet, so now I'm cutting off her needed hormone supply. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • *lurking*

@ChocolateIsLife you are perfectly fine to stop the meds (even cold turkey) at 10 weeks. The placenta fully takes over by 8 weeks so the extra 2 weeks are just a precaution. As brutal as it sounds, my OB assured me that if the placenta isn't fully functional by 8 weeks, it won't be, and all that you're doing by continuing progesterone is delaying an inevitable miscarriage. Though this is extremely rare. I stopped my PIO and estrace cold turkey right at 10 weeks and was just fine. I had some minor brown spotting a few days later which I was told was normal as my body was just adjusting to the hormone changes. I know it's scary, but yes you can stop your meds! :smile:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @ChocolateIsLife I'm 9 weeks Tuesday and I'll be done right around then (my RE said 8 weeks was fine but I'm finishing my pack since they're so expensive!) I'm anxious but also had a baby with no progesterone so I figure this is just a bonus to help them. I asked my OB after seeing so many on it for longer and they assured me it's fine to stop now. I'm with you with the anxiety but I'm assuming our bodies will have a little adjustment and then all will be well again :) 
  • @ChocolateIsLife I was told to stop cold turkey following last dose at 10 wks 6 days. I was really anxious about it, but all ended up fine. I had a bit of spotting the following week as well as some headaches, but that was it. I hope the transition goes smoothly for you!
  • @wifeinraleigh28 and @Polythene Pam Thank you guys so much. I don't know what I would do without the ladies on this forum! I appreciate the bluntness from your doctor @wifeinraleigh28 . I decided to completely stop today and don't feel as nervous about it anymore. It is going to be nice to not have to wake up at 6am on the weekends anymore...well, at least until we have a baby. :D
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife Enjoy bring med free! Such a good feeling :)
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20