Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20th

edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday Sunday ladies (I have an early morning tomorrow so I need to post this today, otherwise I will forget because I lurrrve the snooze button)!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

@BecauseLove EDD 9/27/17

@Kp214 EDD 9/27/17

@EmilyE13 EDD 9/28/17

@emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 TWINS!!

@SanBL EDD 10/11/2017 TWINS!!

@lady_grey EDD 10/13/17

@chocolateislife EDD 10/21/17

@mandmplus1  EDD 10/25/17

@vintage girl EDD 10/30/17

@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17

@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17

@Gatorgirl2009 EDD 11/8/17

@lilmissslp EDD

@Joslynj11 EDD

@LeFemmeViolette EDD

@Sasha29 EDD

ETA: If I removed/added your name in error, I’m sorry! Just let me know. I’m new at setting up posts.

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 20th

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  9w2d and EDD 10/21

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Bad ms in the morning, and indigestion all day. Wish I had more energy! Thankful the ms isn't all day.

3. When is your next appointment?  March 31st. I think we will be announcing after that appointment. Hopefully we can get a better scan picture to share. :D

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  When I met with our OB last week, he pretty much said I need to have a c-section from my previous Myomectomy. I remember him telling me a few years ago that he would do a trial v-bac, but after he reviewed my surgery notes last week, he said there were too many risks. I was a bit disappointed to hear, but regardless I just want a healthy delivery with minimal risks, so I'm happy to know now.

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? We are thinking of very calm, neutral tones with a nature vibe. Like (fox, owl, etc). 

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kp214Kp214 member

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  12w6d; 9/27

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Food aversions, headaches, ms was better today

3. When is your next appointment?  4/18

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  It's Facebook official.   We announced on Friday.  We dipped out thumbs in green paint to make trees and added an acorn on the end  it's fitting since we love hiking through the woods and I would love to have an arboretum  

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? Nautical with pops of turquoise.  

Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Loading the player...
  • @ChocolateIsLife I love your nursery idea! So sweet, plus fun when she's bigger (I've been eyeing up a fake camping set for my LO :)

@kp214 I love how you guys announced!! So fun!

@srh18 yay welcome! It is crazy how you can spend years trying to get pregnant and then it's such a shift. I'm so glad that cycle worked for you ❤
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8 weeks tomorrow! 10/31

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Fatigue and insomnia haha. I pass out at 8 and my daughter has been having ridiculous 3 year old requests at 2am and then the insomnia kicks in and I'm up for hours. Oh and extreme hunger, working on making healthy choices but sooo hungry.

3. When is your next appointment? April 4 with my OB, excited, she's wonderful. 

4. Anything else you'd like to share? my daughter will be 4 when baby comes and while I didn't plan on the bigger age gap, she's saying she wants to change all the diapers and get milk and "baby might cry!! I'll sing to him"  Makes all the work we did that much more worth it hearing her talk :)

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? Light gray base with accents depending on boy or girl. I was an art major so I drew the pictures in my daughters room, hoping to do that again once I know what we're having :)

• @ChocolateIsLife - love the theme!  

@Polythene Pam - we truly have so much in common!  When i wake at 2 or 3am, it becomes a nightmare to try to go back to sleep!  And i get up at 5am for work.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  7 weeks and 6 days - edd is 10/31/17 for 1 bit since we are now having twins, i have no idea what my new edd will be.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?   i think the hunger has kicked in this week or maybe its just stress eating - i dont know.  It's very weird too because ill be super hungry but at the same time, i feel bloated and kinda full.  Its so weird!

3. When is your next appointment?  october 30th with my ob.  Hoping to get a revised edd then.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  this weekend the realty of the situation kinda hit hard.  We realized we will be needing a new car because we cant fit 3 car seats in my rav4 and i have no idea what kind of car we should get.  I REALLY dont want a van or minivan mainly because the gas milage is horrendous and the hybrids are way too expensive!  So im at a loss and am looking for suggestions - please!  Right now, im leaning towards the prius v but i worry about not being able to drive in the snow.

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet?  we have a spare bedroom that we use as a guest room/den area that we will turn into another bedroom.  Beyond that, until we find out what we are having the theme is in the air.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @hopeby2015 did you mean your next appt was March 30th not October 30th?  I figured one day before your due date prob isn't your next appt lol.  We got a prius c last year and we love it.  I'm in VT so def worry about the snow but we have good snow tires on it and it works great.  Saved so much on gas it's amazing.  And can't go wrong with Toyotas!
    @polythenepam so sweet that your daughter is saying that.  She sounds like she's going to be a great big sister!
    @srh18 welcome!  congrats on 4th time being the charm:)  Hope things continue to go well for you.  I hear you on being tired all the time...thankfully I've heard once 2nd tri comes you'll get your energy back.
    @chocolateislife your nursery idea is so darn adorable!  Love it!  Sorry to hear about the MS you're getting now.  Hopefully it isn't so bad you can't function.  If so...totally go for the meds.  I still have it slightly where every other day or so I'll vomit, but it's not as bad as before with the meds. 
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited March 2017

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  11 weeks, 4 days.  10/5

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  MS (although much better with increase of diclegis), food/smell aversions, tiredness (napping is my friend!), and occasional headaches.

3. When is your next appointment? April 3rd with OB

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I've been planning my friend's baby shower from afar (she's due 4/25 and lives 2 hours away) and it's finally coming up this weekend so I'm excited to just get it done and crossed off the list!  It's been hard to concentrate on planning with my MS but I hope it goes well and she's happy.  Also, we're hoping to tell the world the first week in April on FB and tell people at work as well.  I was hoping to do something like this, but haven't had time (or felt well enough) to plan it yet:

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? Honestly this has been the last thing on my mind.  We found out that we can't buy a house right now due to DH's credit so we're stuck in a 2 bedroom apartment right now.  When twins are born, since DH's 11 yr old son also lives with us part time, we'll need a 3 bedroom, so we're trying to look for one right now, but there's not much out there.  So hoping we have a nursery and we don't have to put both cribs in our bedroom will be my first priority, so not thinking much about the decorations. 

Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hopeby2015 we wanted a third row and recently leased a Toyota Highlander, I can't say for certain how a third carseat would work but an adult has sat back there and it worked well! I have a friend who found one used with the third row, it seems to be the car of choice with my mom friends who don't quite want a mini van :) Oh and we live in WI so it handles snow great :)

And yes I've been up since 2 this morning thanks to a shadow scaring my daughter. The kiddo has the energy of a... 3 year old, I do not. Ha. Forcing her to "rest" so I can get my work done (I work from home part time)

@emgem819 good luck with the house search! Keep us posted, I'll keep fingers crossed the right one comes along soon. I love the pregnancy announcement idea!
  • @emgem819 - hahaha - yes i meant march 30th.  Thank you for that!  I have to look up the prius c, im not sure if itll hold 3 car seats - but im glad you have a good experience with the prius-es in general!  Also, i LOVE that announcement!  Im going to have to keep that in mind.

@Polythene Pam - how does the highlander do with gas mileage tho?  I travel about 70 miles a day for work during traffic.  As it is with my rav4 i gas up min 2x a week.  A highlander seems like you'd pay aloy in gas?  And i hope ur able to sneak in a nap.  I know i could use one right about now .. 

• @hopeby2015 ooh yes I guess I'm not sure. I generally am able to stay close to home between clients and things for the kiddo so I don't have a great gauge as I don't drive a ton. I'll stalk moms in my local mom's group who have 3 kids to see what they're driving :) Hope you're able to rest a bit as well! I'm already looking forward to bed...
  • srh18srh18 member
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone! 

@hopeby2015 Good luck with the car search!  I hope you're able to find something that works well.  Twins certainly make everything more challenging to plan!  I am sort of low-key hoping for twins, while at the same time knowing that a singleton is way more practical and probably for the best. 

@Polythene Pam Your daughter sounds so adorable!  I think it's sweet she's already so ready to have a sibling.  What kind of drawings do you think you might do?  I'm not artistic at all, so I am always super impressed with people who can create things.

@emgem819 What a cute announcement idea!  Good luck on the housing search.  I hope something just quickly falls into your lap...if anyone deserves a little happy happenstance, it's definitely us IF ladies.  :)  I'm hoping what everyone says about second tri and having more energy is true--I'm seriously struggling to get through work days right now.  I do take comfort in the exhaustion meaning that I'm finally pregnant!

@Kp214 Ahhhhh, I'm so happy to be on this board with you!!  I love, love, love your announcement! 

@ChocolateIsLife Your nursery idea is so cute!  I'm sorry about the unexpected c-section news, but am glad that you have the information now and can prepare ahead for it. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 6 weeks 6 days What is your EDD?  Nov 7

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Nausea and excessive sleepiness, all I want to do is sleep. Oh and intensified smell, everything smells odd

3. When is your next appointment?  Next wed for 8 week u/s

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

I am meant to be flying back to Australia in May, I'll be over my first trimester by then but still very apprehensive of flying for 24+ hours 

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? not really

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

IVF#3 Feb 2017: Estrogen priming. Menopur, Follistim and HGH

• Kp214Kp214 member
    @emgem819 good luck on the house search!  I'm so glad your ms is better with the diclegis. 

@Polythene Pam your daughter sounds so sweet!  It's wonderful she's so excited and may be able to help. 

@natalie4oscar that flight sounds like it may be tough. I hope you are able to find some comfort during the flight. I have read about long car trips, but nothing about flights.  On car trips, stopping often to get out to walk was recommended. Maybe it's something similar for flights. 
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• @Kp214 by the way I also love your pregnancy announcement idea...it's very original!  I'm glad your ms is better at least today too...maybe we will both get lucky and it'll get better from here on out!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @srh18 thank you! I'm a graphic designer but draw illustrations, so my daughters room is book themed, so I drew Winnie the Pooh and Dr Seuss images, plus an elephant image. It's a good stress relief :)

@natalie4oscar is that where you live? I did long car rides (18 hrs) and just stretched a ton, not fun but not terrible! Keep us posted :)

@gatorgirl2009 ahh I can't wait to hear! Also Lily Rose is a lovely name, congrats auntie :) I totally have a bump after noon, it's possible, it's mainly bloat but the uterus stretches fast! 
  • I live in NY but yes, my original home is Australia, I'm still hesitating on whether o should make that long flight or not.

hi @LeFemmeViolette - I recognize you from the IF board, I love the idea of the woodland theme, we had been leaning towards something similar and I also found this super cute cake in the same theme for the shower 

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

IVF#3 Feb 2017: Estrogen priming. Menopur, Follistim and HGH

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  almost 7 weeks, no official date yet but early Nov. I think.

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  my boobs have either been less sore or I'm getting used to it, LOL, but they are beyond massive, I've gone up more than a cup size already, and if they keep growing at this rate I think I'm going to go broke buying new bras.  The nausea has been a little stronger at points, but no actual throwing up, which is good because I really hate throwing up.  I'm very sniffly, which could be allergies (although I doubt it this early, they don't usually kick up til late April) but I've read could be a pregnancy side effect.  And the light-headedness is becoming nuts.

3. When is your next appointment?  Friday for one more u/s at my RE, if that looks good they'll "graduate" me back to my regular OB/GYN.  I'm hoping my OB will want to do another scan around 12w just to make sure everything's good, because I think we'll start telling our family if we get to that point, but one step at a time right now.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Eh.  People are starting to notice my not drinking.  I've already had like four people go "OMG you're pregnant!" when I turned down a drink, and the "oh no I'm just really hung over from last night" excuse is starting to not cut it when I see the same people two or three times, especially since I don't often drink to the point of being hung over and at this point it looks like I'm doing that every damn weekend lol.

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? We're toying with a couple ideas, we just both feel like it's too early to get too attached to anything.  We definitely want to go gender neutral so we can just throw accents in later on, and we definitely want to do a distinct "theme" rather than just like a color scheme, but we have a ways to go yet anyway.

• hopeby2015hopeby2015 member
    edited March 2017
    @LeFemmeViolette - when i was pg with my dd, i had a slight panic attack the day we went to see if there was a hb.  I was petrified.  Luckily, i was able to push it out of my head and calm my nerves.  I know its not the same when you're taking meds and stuff but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.  This journey is not an easy one.  Even with this pg, I've had my moments where looking back, i really dont know what i was thinking.  Maybe you should call your doc and see if they can prescribe something pg safe?

@natalie4oscar - im not a huge fan of nature but i love that cake!  Its beautiful!

@gatorgirl2009 - i love that name!  Especially since she was born on the 1st day of spring!  And good luck tomorrow!

Eta - grammar and spelling, geesh!

• @Kp214 Yay for making it FB official! I love your announcement idea-so cute! and earthy! Nautical sounds like a classy and calming nursery idea!

@srh18 Welcome to PAIF!! 11/17 is my birthday! I always loved having a birthday around that time because I still had a constant sugar high from Halloween, and its the week before feasting on Thanksgiving…perfect medium! I know exactly what you mean with the shift of planning for baby now. It is surreal to think about sometimes, but so wonderful to just let ourselves get excited! I’m glad you are part of the board!

@“Polythene Pam” Thanks! Oh I loveee the camping set idea!! Happy 8 weeks today! I love the weekly milestones. I think at 8 weeks your little bean is the size of a raspberry. <3 That is so cool that you are an art major. I am looking forward to creating things with our little lady. Lots of painting and crafts, and DH is an engineer, so he wants to do all the chemistry, circuit things with her. Do you keep crackers/snacks by your bed? I have found that usually helps me but I’m always starving at 3. Like, my stomach starts making whale sounds and wakes both of us up, lol.

@hopeby2015 I hate the starving sensation paired with fullness! It is so confusing! I get so obsessed with having to eat something, and then can only eat 2 bites…I annoy myself sometimes. We are actually looking for a second car as well, even though this will be our first. DH needs a vehicle, and we know that we want to continue our family in the near future. Also, I keep thinking about emergency situations, and I want to be able to have our baby, and all 5 of our fur-children be able to fit in the car. We are looking at the Chevy Tahoe after we finish paying off our current car this year, that way our payments aren't outrageous. 

@emgem819 ahh I am so happy to hear that your ms is getting better!!! It sounds like you found a great combo of meds to help! Baby Showers are a lot of work to plan so I bet you will be excited to check it off your list! What a cute announcement idea! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, so definitely make those naps a priority! FX for a stress free house search!

@natalie4oscar Welcome to the board! That trip does sound pretty intense! I think they have special compression socks to wear while in the air, worth looking into! I’m traveling in May and they recommend the aisle seat, which I'm sad about but its so that I can take frequent pee stops.

@gatorgirl2009 ahhh so exciting that your ultrasound is tomorrow! Congratulations on your newest niece! <3

@lefemmeviolette I love your woodlands and wildflower idea!!!! Ahh I cant wait, we will all have to share pics when we get to the point of setting the nursery up! I am so sorry about your panic attacks. It is so frustrating, and it isn't something that we are ever prepared for. In my head, I thought once I'm able to get pregnant, all my anxiety would just go away, and that would be that. But as soon as I became pregnant I started fearing everything, and I know the surge in hormones doesn't help that at all. I had 3 panic attacks between 5 and 7 weeks, but haven't had any since. Have you spoken with your doc about it? They might have some suggestions or tips to help.

AFM: My boobs are so big today! I keep checking out my cleavage, which I've never had unless I stuffed my bra in high school. They aren't sore any more so now they are just fun! :D

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @ChocolateIsLife that is so funny!  I've never been very big in the chest either. However, I've gone up half of a cup and have been wondering what to do with all of it!  Not sure I like it even though I always said I wanted to be one size bigger. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• @ChocolateIsLife hahahaha yes to actual boobs! I'm literally sized "barely A" so I'll take them while I can get them :)

you're going to love having a little girl! I'm already antsy to know what we're having but we've got awhile, regretting not finding out right from the start now :)
  • @kp214 it does feel foreign to me too! DH tried to buy me bras a few years ago, and bought them in a C instead of an A. I don't know why I kept them around, but they are saving me from spilling out right now so it was meant to be!

@Polythene Pam I'm usually an A too! I feel like I could get used to these, even though I know its temporary.  :D Are you getting the test at 9 weeks to determine if boy/girl?
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife ugh no doing the old school
    20 week ultrasound. We debated testing the embryo or early test but it's how we did it with my daughter so we'll (impatiently) wait haha :)
  • Hey ladies! I love the pregnancy announcements so far and I love the nursery ideas. It is all still so surreal that I get to even partake in these convos J

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  8w6d, 10/26/2017

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  I am starting to have more headaches and it is getting harder for me to eat. So far I have only thrown up once and that was last week :D

3. When is your next appointment?  I had my first OB appointment yesterday (8w5d) but it wasn’t very exciting. They drew some blood and asked for family history for DH and I but that was about all. Next appointment is 3/29/2017 for my scan!! They must have seen IVF anxiety written all over my face because they are letting me come back next week instead of waiting until the 12w mark like most pregnancies. I will be 9w6d so I am so excited to see how different my little peanut will look!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  We just got done moving this weekend and I am exhausted! We still have to clean and unpack but when we’re done we will finally have more time to relax and enjoy being pregnant without the constant need of having to schedule something.

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? We have not really talked a lot about nursery yet but knowing our personalities I am thinking more of an adventure and travel nursery. I think DH would love that too.

Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  12 weeks 6 days! EDD is 9/28

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Boobs are finally a little less sore, which is nice. One weird thing: on Sunday evening for the first time all pregnancy I threw up. Doesn't that seem late? I've had nausea and plenty of heartburn but never actually puked til then. 

3. When is your next appointment?  Today is my NT scan. I'm actually in the waiting room now.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I'm pretty nervous for today's scan and really hope it goes well. I also can't wait to see the little kiddo again on screen. We will probably make the FB pregnancy announcement this week, too. 

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? I adore animals and have been leaning toward having a fox theme for the nursery, so I am in love with @chocolateislife's ideas!

• Hi everyone!!! I'm cautiously dipping my toes in over here. I had my FET on 3/13 with PGS tested embryos and have been gettting darkening lines since 5dp5dt (possible super faint at 4dp. My beta is friday 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  4 weeks today 11/29 for 1, not sure what the goal will be if twins

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  My boobs are killing me the last few days, hunger to nausea to hunger again

3. When is your next appointment?  Friday is first beta 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I am trying to take confidence in the fact we know these were genetically great  

*tw* i have a history of 4 losses in 2016 so my anxiety has been very high since my first positive with tracking line progression  my NP at my RE office talked me down yesterday and reminded me this is unlike anything we have done in the past

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet?

My DH is from British Colombia and I want to do a Pacific Northwest theme. Miss green walls with white evergreen tree stick one, bear prints and beavers and some fun artwork. I have collected a few pieces during my last pregnancies like a bear lamp and rug

BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• I'm suddenly more confused about the 1st and 2nd trimester dates in correlation with the forums on this board.  Doesn't the 2nd tri start at 13 weeks? Why is it that the 1st tri board goes up until end of 13 weeks and 2nd tri board starts at 14 weeks?  Thanks to anyone who can explain this to me! :)
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 I asked today at my appointment about what the actual cutoff is and the genetics counselor said it's super wishy washy. Some people say 13, some say 14, and some get all technical and make it 13 wks 3 days! 

As an update, the NT scan was all clear today, so I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief. The baby was super sassy this morning and moving everywhere BUT where the tech wanted him/her to be for the measurements, which I found to be completely adorable. 

One thing they did find on the sonogram, though, was a small growth on my left ovary. The MFM doc was very reassuring and said it's most likely a fibroma and could have been there for ages, but I feel like with how much my poor ovaries have been scanned and prodded with a million ultrasounds, how would the RE folks not have found it before? Ugh, one more thing to worry about. 
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @EmilyE13 I was googling stuff too and it said there's so much 13 vs. 14 week as cutoff that it's pretty vague! I heard from my OB 13 weeks is when I start 2nd tri (also have to start taking baby aspirin) so then I saw 14 weeks on here and got so confused! Never knew there was such a gray line!  Glad to hear your NT scan was all clear today...great news!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    I just realized this is my last week on this board!  :( 
    TTC since 3/2014

• Onto 2nd tri @Kp214!  I'll be joining you there soon enough:)
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies, 
    So I've been away for the boards for a bit this week,  because my ultrasound appointment on Friday has had me super stressed. Baby is measuring 2 to 3 days behind my transfer date. 

1, EDD October 30, 8 weeks 2 days 
    2.Pregnancy symptoms,  weird dreams, waking up in the night. The urgency to pee. Tummy is kind of sore when hungry and then after I eat. Tired. Boobs. I have loved eating lemon cake this week. I'm sad it's all gone.
    3. Friday is our next appointment. I'm praying that our little baby is growing good and that we can hear a heartbeat.
    4. I knew I was going to worry a lot, but it's crazy how bad my anxiety has been. We are on the boarder between ok lagging and not. This has been the slowest moving week ever. I'm really thankful for my RE and her nursing team. My  RE was away for my last ultrasound which was a truly awful experience and without my husband being their too. 

QOTW : No not yet. We've still hot some hurdles to get through yet. I really would like too. I just cant. Our space will need a lot of work to be a nursery.
  • Hello!

I am so incredibly happy to be moving into this board! Just had my beta today, and, though it wasn't a surprise since I've been obsessively taking HPTs, the news was still elating! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  4 weeks, 0 days with an EDD of 11/30/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  None whatsoever!!

3. When is your next appointment? Monday, 3/27, for my second beta

4. Anything else you'd like to share? I feel like I'm still holding my breath. This journey has had so many ups and downs that I'm not sure I know how to relax anymore. I keep saying, "If I just make it to ... step". So, one thing at a time I guess. 

QOTW: Do you have any plans/ideas for the nursery yet? Not at all! But this is a great question and I will get on it starting now!

-Liz

• @vintage girl - a couple of days is not terrible.  Its really too small to measure accurately and since its a 2d image of something that is 3d, the measurememt will depend on the angle.  My doc once told me up to 4 days is fine.  Were they able to see the hb tho?  

• @EmilyE13 - im glad the nt scan went well!  I hope the growth is no big deal. 

@Gatorgirl2009 - yay for finding a hb!  The fact that those 2 made is amazing!  Enjoy it!

@Joslynj11 - hopefully the next few days fly by!  My appt is 3/30 and i cant wait!

• hopeby2015 
    Yes we were able to see the heartbeat. The Dr filling in for my Dr had a really hard time at first finding baby, and it was blury. They could not hear the heartbeat yet and the Dr pretty much tortured me trying different angles to pick it up. I am praying my regular RE won't have a problem and just pray she sees good growth and to hear a heartbeat.