November 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/17

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/17

• Options
    @slaven- TBell and an oreo shake is a very, very good apology. Now that's all I want. My roast chicken and veggies dinner sounds pretty awful now...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    St.Jude radiothon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kissthesky32 I'll take your roast chicken and veggies!
  • Options
    @kaitlinliz that's so cute! I'm sorry you were sad and cried but that's so so adorable

• Options
    cottingham3cottingham3 member
    edited March 2017
    St.Jude radiothon. 
    I hope you were able to keep listening! I used to turn the channel...until it was MY kid with cancer! But, for hormonal Bumpies it may not be the best idea to listen!! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Haha thanks I really was so sad 
  • Options
    I made dinner last night. Then washed the dishes. Then put our foster child to sleep. Then tidied the house. Then washed the evening dishes. Then went to bed. Explain to me how I woke up this morning at 6 30 to prepare lunches before waking the kids and BOTH of the sinks were FULL of dishes?!?!?!?! 
    I cried as I cleaned . DH came i part way through and listened to me wail about how unfair it is that I can't eat (way to nauseous been living off meal replacement shakes and crackers) but I still have to wash everyone's dishes. 
  • Options
    St.Jude radiothon. 
    I hope you were able to keep listening! I used to turn the channel...until it was MY kid with cancer! But, for hormonal Bumpies it may not be the best idea to listen!! :)
    Gets me every time! I've worked for Chili's for a very long time and my favorite thing about the company is that they give back so much to St. Jude's. Also it's always reassuring to see how easily people donate to such an amazing facility. 

@cottingham3 how's your child now? 
  • Options
    @cottingham3 I listened on the way to work and the way home, it just made for interesting looks when I got to work and my face was puffy and red... I can't ever seem to turn it off because of the stories and things they share, just caught me off guard
  • Options
    Looked in the rear view mirror and the guy in the car behind me was sobbing. I SO wanted to put the car in park at that red light, get out, hug him, and tell him that everything was going to be ok. But i figured that would be creepy. He just looked like he was having the worst day of his life. I hope he's alright.
  • Options
    @cottingham3 wilm's right? I'm so glad you guys are on the other side of that! I agree with you about that radiothon. Our station does one for our children's hospital and it's definitely worth listening to!
  • Options

I'm bringing this post back from a while ago, but I just have to share my hormonal ridiculousness... I went to visit my family a couple of weeks ago, and my mom bought me a box of my favorite girl scout cookies. Two nights ago, I decided I needed them. I began my search and couldn't find them. I seriously stared into the pantry with real tears because I couldn't find my cookies. I eventually found the box in a part of my suitcase that I still hadn't unpacked yet (don't judge me lol). I literally skipped around the house with my cookies, I was so excited!

• Options
    @mageemaay that's the best! By the way, feel free (or anyone feel free) to start a new pregnant crying thread for this week :)

• Options
    @mageemaay  I hid a bag of homemade Oatmeal cookies from my DH and kids and then forgot where I hid it and literally cried for half an hour until my friend broughh over another bag of the same cookies.
    Cookies are serious business, I hear you! 
  • Options
    When I woke up this morning my wedding rings were very tight and hurting my finger. I tried to take them off and they were completely stuck. I had to run my hand under freezing water and slather lotion everywhere and eventually they came off. I started bawling because I want to wear my rings so badly! They were quite snug before I got pregnant so I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them at some point during this pregnancy I just didn't think it would be this early on. Good news is my hands are not as puffy now that I've been up and about. Hoping that the problem was me not drinking enough water yesterday or that ny hand just swelled up because I was warm from sleeping under all the blankets last night. I'm afraid to try and wear them now though! :(
  • Options
    My bff has her gender reveal tomorrow. They have 2 girls already and she's almost positive she saw a penis on the u/s when the tech wasn't quick enough to tell them not to look. Every time I think of them finding out it's a boy I'm a puddle of happy tears. I think I'm more excited for her gender reveal than I am for ours next month. 
  • Options
    @christyh0912 I'm an in-between ring size so during the day my rings are kind of loose but my hands always swell at night so I don't usually wear my rings to bed.

• Options
    @christyh0912 A friend of mine who just had her baby a couple of days ago said she got one of those Qalo silicone rings because her hands swelled during pregnancy and loved it! I never got to the point of my hands swelling that much in my pregnancies, but I might order one just in case. She said they're a bit stretchy so they're good for fluctuations too :)
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Welll just got a new one. A friend just texted me pictures of BFPs. They've been ntnp for years and actually conceived on her wedding night!! *TW* she's had 2 previous early losses with her ex so we're praying for a sticky baby! *TW* 

At least all the tears are happy ones for me today! 

@christyh0912 +1 on the silicone rings, I wear them to the gym. I would imagine if you are already having swelling it would give you piece of mind to know you could just cut it off with scissors 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge that's a good idea. I'm in the same boat as you but I got my rings in the smaller size so they aren't loose during the day. I've never taken them off at night but if I can get them back on comfortably I think I will start doing that!

@elsieisamoocow @BayCamp thanks for the suggestion ladies! I've heard of silicone rings before but didn't think about how they would be great for pregnancy swelling! I'm definitely going to look into getting one! 
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    @christyh0912 My husband is a paid firefighter and owns a landscaping company. He couldn't wear a ring most of the week, so he got a Qualo and never takes it off. He also doesn't play with it like he did his white gold one!

*TW* I bawled over a fatal accident on my way to work this morning. It was so sad to see the car and know there was no way the driver made it. */TW*
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @christyh0912 my husband wears a silicon ring as well due to his job. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH hurt his back really bad at the gym so I took him to urgent care and I want to be a supportive wife and all but there is something in this urgent care that has a smell that has made me gag like fifteen times already. Morning sickness is such a nasty little bitch.
  • Options
    jess0211jess0211 member
    edited April 2017
    *possible tw*

I am watching Grey's  (guilty pleasure) and they are operating in utero and I am having all the feels.

Eta TW

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Old episodes of A Baby Story have been airing on Lifetime in the mornings. I cry EVERY time each baby is born. It's such an amazing moment and so emotional. 
  • Options
    I keep thinking about how my cat was rescued at four weeks alone and had no family and was just this tiny sweet little kitten without anyone and now we have him and love him but where was his mom!!! :(

• Options
    I just cried over some retirement plan commercial. It showed young parents with a positive pregnancy test and then showed the boys life all the way to graduating high school and I ugly cried for a while! DH thinks it's "cute" when I cry over things like that. *eye roll*
  • Options
    @jess0211 greys usually makes me cry but today I was a disaster. Omg. What a mess that show makes me.
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited April 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge I wonder that all the time about our younger dog who was a rescue. She was wandering the streets in Miami when a dog rescue picked her up, she was transferred to our area and my cousin adopted her, 2 months later my cousin gave her to us because she wasn't settling in to their house well. All of this before she was even a year old! It breaks my heart to think of all the scared nights she must have had before finding us. 

edit: moved picture to the super awesome fur baby thread 

• Options
    Came very close to crying because I've been wanting Dunkin Donuts since yesterday, and when DH said he was going out to go get donuts this morning, I figured that's where he'd go. But when I texted him what I wanted he was like "but I'm not going to Dunkin" because he likes the local donut place that I hate because their donuts always taste stale to me because they're crunchy. Donuts should not be crunchy. Anyway, I almost started crying. Then he said he was going to Dunkin.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I started crying in home depot today because my bloat was making my jeans uncomfortable and then DH couldn't understand why I wanted a new light fixture in the baby's room.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH took too long to bring me water and potato chips. The pantry makes me gag (I think it's the bread in there but I can't tell) and he waited like 15 mins before getting up and getting them for me. I lost it.
  • Options
    I hate my body. I don't know if this is just bloating still or actual weight gain or what but my pants are all getting too tight so I had to break out a super old stretched out pair of leggings. I started shopping maternity leggings today. I am having an actual crisis about my body and then my husband stopped me and said "Dear, you have THE LONGEST HAIR I'VE EVER SEEN growing under your chin. OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE, I THINK YOU'RE GROWING A BEARD!"

I have never hated myself more than I do now. I can't even look in the mirror because I just see a fat disgusting whale with a fucking beard.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker