October 2017 Moms

Huge bleed today

So I was standing at work today and felt a gush. I went to the bathroom, thinking it was progesterone, but it was blood. Filled a panty liner, and then some. Put another liner in to get home, and that one was filled about an hour later. I called my RE's office and they told me to go on bed rest today and to come in tomorrow at 8:45 for an ultrasound. I'm 7w2d today. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, but I have had some mild cramping off and on. I'm fearing the worst but hoping for the best. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Re: Huge bleed today

• I'm sorry. I have no experience. But thinking of you! Please let us know how tomorrow goes. Good luck!
  •     
  • edited March 16
    I'm thinking of you and sending good luck vibes from Florida. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 
    Me: 29 DH: 35
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    FTM, Due Date: Oct 13, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • migdalamigdala member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    No experience but thinking of you as well.  Good luck tomorrow.
  •     
  • Sounds like it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage. There was a post about this earlier this week that's worth checking out. Good luck. 
    PizzaMonster3ForwardnBackwardAiramH
  • Hope everything is okay. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  •     
  • Thanks everyone
    Khogue4077
  • Thinking of you & sending prayers your way!
  •     
  • Did they ever tell you you had a subchorionic hemorrhage? My RE told me I had one before I graduated to obgyn. I am 10.5 weeks and I had my second huge bleed today of the week. On Sunday I went to the ER with heavy bleeding. Prior to that I had no bleeding at all. ER doc did a pelvic and u/s and all looked good. I followed up with obgyn yesterday and she told me baby looked fine. And then this morning  I felt a gush again and it was another big bleed. I went to the obgyn and baby is fine and heart is still beating but this sucks and I hate it. Did you ever establish heartbeat before? To me this sounds like sch. There is a thread on this and there are others in this group that have one. Hang in there and keep us posted on what happens tomorrow. I know it's not easy. I am still bleeding from my big bleed this AM but it has subsided. 
  • JessDGJessDG member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Something similar happened to me twice, at 6w6d and 9w1d.  Neither time I had cramping, but a big gush of blood.  After the gush I spotted a little until it stopped a few hours later.  Both times I was sent for an ultrasound and saw the baby and heartbeat, but nothing else unusual.  The second time they gave me a Rhogam shot because I have a negative blood type.  It's been over 2 weeks and it hasn't happened again.  

I had to wait a weekend for my first ultrasound, so I know how you feel.   It was incredibly scary, and I hope you have good news tomorrow morning. I will be thinking about you!  
    October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

•     
  • Thanks so much, ladies. I had two sch's with my first DS, eight years ago, but they never caused me to bleed. I had my first ultrasound last Thursday where we saw a heartbeat, but it was on the lower end of normal. No one said anything about an sch last week, but I know they can develop. I've had some minor cramping off and on today, but I still have all of my pregnancy symptoms. Ugh. The waiting is so hard.
  • I hope everything is okay! Sending good thoughts your way!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  •     
  • lin1019lin1019 member
    100 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm hoping that it's just something that won't cause baby any harm! Sending you hugs and kisses and lots of prayers!
  • Thinking about you today! Hope you get good news! <3 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  •     
  • I agree with other posters that it sounds like an SCH. Sending positive vibes your way!
  • Prayers for the best. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

•     
  • I hope everything is going well!
  • Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope everything is well with baby.

•     
  • @lindsayfairlamb so happy to hear baby is doing well!! 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  •     
  • @lindsayfairlamb So glad you got good news about the baby and I hope the SCH shrinks quickly!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • VLillyVVLillyV member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's relieving news. I am sorry to hear that the sch is causing such a stink, but I really hope that with some rest it will shrink and you won't go through this nightmare again!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •     
  • Excellent news! And the heartbeat is nice and strong now, double good news!
  • JessDGJessDG member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    @lindsayfairlamb  I'm so happy to hear baby is okay!  
    October 17 June Siggy Challenge

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker

•     
  •     
  • So  glad to see the good news! 
  • kdel921kdel921 member
    100 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yay that's great news @lindsayfairlamb
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •     
  • @lindsayfairlamb, so glad to read your update! Take it easy this weekend! So happy everything is looking good!
  • @lindsayfairlamb I'm so sorry you have an SCH but so glad everything is ok with your baby!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker