October 2017 Moms

Huge bleed today

So I was standing at work today and felt a gush. I went to the bathroom, thinking it was progesterone, but it was blood. Filled a panty liner, and then some. Put another liner in to get home, and that one was filled about an hour later. I called my RE's office and they told me to go on bed rest today and to come in tomorrow at 8:45 for an ultrasound. I'm 7w2d today. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, but I have had some mild cramping off and on. I'm fearing the worst but hoping for the best. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Re: Huge bleed today

• I'm sorry. I have no experience. But thinking of you! Please let us know how tomorrow goes. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    I'm thinking of you and sending good luck vibes from Florida. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 

• No experience but thinking of you as well.  Good luck tomorrow.
  • Sounds like it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage. There was a post about this earlier this week that's worth checking out. Good luck. 
  • Hope everything is okay. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone
  • Thinking of you & sending prayers your way!
  • Did they ever tell you you had a subchorionic hemorrhage? My RE told me I had one before I graduated to obgyn. I am 10.5 weeks and I had my second huge bleed today of the week. On Sunday I went to the ER with heavy bleeding. Prior to that I had no bleeding at all. ER doc did a pelvic and u/s and all looked good. I followed up with obgyn yesterday and she told me baby looked fine. And then this morning  I felt a gush again and it was another big bleed. I went to the obgyn and baby is fine and heart is still beating but this sucks and I hate it. Did you ever establish heartbeat before? To me this sounds like sch. There is a thread on this and there are others in this group that have one. Hang in there and keep us posted on what happens tomorrow. I know it's not easy. I am still bleeding from my big bleed this AM but it has subsided. 
  • Something similar happened to me twice, at 6w6d and 9w1d.  Neither time I had cramping, but a big gush of blood.  After the gush I spotted a little until it stopped a few hours later.  Both times I was sent for an ultrasound and saw the baby and heartbeat, but nothing else unusual.  The second time they gave me a Rhogam shot because I have a negative blood type.  It's been over 2 weeks and it hasn't happened again.  

I had to wait a weekend for my first ultrasound, so I know how you feel.   It was incredibly scary, and I hope you have good news tomorrow morning. I will be thinking about you!  
  • Thanks so much, ladies. I had two sch's with my first DS, eight years ago, but they never caused me to bleed. I had my first ultrasound last Thursday where we saw a heartbeat, but it was on the lower end of normal. No one said anything about an sch last week, but I know they can develop. I've had some minor cramping off and on today, but I still have all of my pregnancy symptoms. Ugh. The waiting is so hard.
  • I hope everything is okay! Sending good thoughts your way!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I'm hoping that it's just something that won't cause baby any harm! Sending you hugs and kisses and lots of prayers!
  • Thinking about you today! Hope you get good news! <3 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with other posters that it sounds like an SCH. Sending positive vibes your way!
  • Prayers for the best. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• I hope everything is going well!
  • Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope everything is well with baby.
  • @lindsayfairlamb so happy to hear baby is doing well!! 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lindsayfairlamb So glad you got good news about the baby and I hope the SCH shrinks quickly!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • That's relieving news. I am sorry to hear that the sch is causing such a stink, but I really hope that with some rest it will shrink and you won't go through this nightmare again!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Excellent news! And the heartbeat is nice and strong now, double good news!
  • @lindsayfairlamb  I'm so happy to hear baby is okay!  
  • So  glad to see the good news! 
  • Yay that's great news @lindsayfairlamb
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lindsayfairlamb, so glad to read your update! Take it easy this weekend! So happy everything is looking good!
  • @lindsayfairlamb I'm so sorry you have an SCH but so glad everything is ok with your baby!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker