October 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (3/15)

Hi Ladies! Didn't see one of these for Wednesday. What's making you say "Wtf"

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WTF Wednesday (3/15)

• Options
    My WTF Wednesday is the doctors office sucks. I have a payment plan for a balance owed after I had my IUD installed like the day after my husband was fired like 3 years ago and they cancelled his insurance right away unbeknownst to me. So I've been paying on it, and then I was responsible and got insurance thinking it would at least get me in to see the doctor, no they want the deductible and balance paid in full before they will let me schedule an appointment. So now I need to do that or basically have no prenatal care until my husband gets insurance through his work in 2 and a half months which will hopefully cover pregnancy 100% like my insurance did when I had my son. But in the meantime I've been crying pretty much all morning dealing with this because hello hormones. This is a surprise pregnancy and I didn't have anything planned out or set aside financially and so I just keep feeling overwhelmed.

Oh and pants WTF why are you so uncomfortable? The hair elastic trick does not make them any more comfortable then leaving them buttoned.
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    Our TV/HDMI port isn't recognizing our PS4. We don't have cable just Netflix and Hulu, so we use the PS4 for both of those and for Blu-Rays. Therefore, we can't watch TV. WTF! I'm sure it will be an easy fix for DH when he get's home lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @singing_lyn OMG. That's AWFUL! I feel for you. I've had surprise doctors bills show up after my so called insurance refused to cover any of the treatment. I got somewhat lucky where I found out right before they were sent to collections. $400+ dollars each time. 

I cut that insurance off and did not return to those clinics. Do you have any other health care options or are you stuck at that clinic? I'd look into at least going somewhere in the mean time for some care. *hugs* 

@keriflores we use ours the same way too! We still have cable, but that's because it's basically free. It's our internet that is a chompy fella on the bill.  Hopefully it's fixed soon, Netflix and Hulu are life.

• Options
    why did it have to get cold again and why doesn't my winter coat fit properly?? WTF!? 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    VLillyV  you must have BCBS?  Mine did that on both mine and DD's hospital bills.  I didn't get anything saying I owed until the collection agencies started calling and I started freaking out! 
  • Options
    @VLillyV, I live in the middle of nowhere practically and they are only 20 minutes away, I could check Planned Parenthood or another doctor's office but they will be at least an hour away. And if I want my husband to be able to go with me to any of the appointments that makes it hard to do with his work schedule. I know right now it's probably just hormones and stress and it will work itself out or I'll find something that works but it's getting to me today.

@keriflores, that stinks hopefully he can figure it out. We cut out cable a couple of months ago to cut costs and I swear since then they've slowed our internet down because of cutting a service, but at least I can still use it. I hate when technology stops working.
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    @VLillyV We technically do still have some channels with our cable, since we have internet with them. Nothing good is ever on them during the day though. We have to have like the fastest internet, because of gaming lol. 

@singing_lyn He's more technologically advanced than me lol. I hope he can. Maybe he won't say "ohh, I guess we are going to need a new tv", because I know he would love an excuse for a new one. He always likes to have the newest one out, even though ours is perfectly awesome (other than today haha)
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue OMG YES. I had BCBS! I got onto my husbands plan shortly after, no more problems here. I know what I owe, when, and why.

BCBS really left an awful taste in my mouth.

@singing_lyn sorry dear, I really do hope it works out for you. Hard days aren't fun. It will get better.

@keriflores same. The gaming. We too, have the gaming. We have 2 ps4's. It's ridiculous XD
  • Options
    +1 on the insurance rant.  This week we got a bill for $4000 from a URINE SCREEN from my last pregnancy (*tw* ended in loss *end tw*).  My stupid old OB -- who was in network -- for some unfathomable reason sent my urine screen to an out of network lab.  This is a urine screen that is basically a drug test, that I was told was required.  And that pregnancy ended in JULY of last year.  It is now MARCH and we are getting this bill.  This is such bull.
  • Options
    To add to the insurance WTFs...

I had insurance through the marketplace because up until this year it was less expensive for DS and I to go through them than through DH's work insurance. Well this year not only was it going to be over $100 more a month but none of my doctors were in network anymore so we switched. I called in NOVEMBER to cancel my policy through the marketplace.

Last week I got a bill from Anthem (which is the BCBS carrier for my area) for almost $2,000. I have had to call like 3 different places to get them to straighten it out and it can take up to 30 days. Uggghhh. I'm glad I saved the cancellation confirmation message from them.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    I feel horrible reading these insurance posts. I can't even believe how much you mommas have to pay just to have a little baby! Canadian momma here and very grateful for our free health care!
  • Options
    I'll add to the insurance wtf. I just got a bill for $900 for my son's birth in October 2015. I called to ask why so late and she says sorry we were switching to a new billing system. Just when I thought we were close to paying off his birth we get hit with that. 

@jessafishy the marketplace insurance was horrible! We had them for a brief time until my jobs insurance kicked in and it was a headache. We would randomly get letters saying my husband was no longer covered because of xyz and you need to send in this documentation.  We had to call the day of a doctor's appointment to make sure we were covered that day. Never using them again! 
  • Options
    jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited March 2017
    @OliveOyl2014 I actually had a decent experience with them for the first two years. We didn't qualify for any subsidies though, so I should have just gone directly through the insurance provider. I kept hoping we would qualify though. 

From the first year I had the insurance to this year the cost increased over $200 a month and that was for the lower level plans. I started with a Silver Plan and went down to Bronze. Even the Catastrophic plan for 2017 was more expensive that what I was paying for Bronze last year and they didn't cover any of my local doctors.

The healthcare system is very very very broken and I don't even know how it can be fixed at this point, and likely for at least the next 2 years nothing will be done to improve it. It's so frustrating!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    So I have a new OB and a new nurse (my old doc resigned). I am loving my doc and we had our first appt (10weeks) on Monday. At the appt, we discussed options for genetic testing at 10 weeks since I am adv maternal age. Doc recommended I double check insurance for the new test so I don't get surprise bills. I call insurance and sure enough they need to authorize first. I call the nurse to tell her. She says she "doesn't have time" to do that. Suggested i call and give them the order codes. Um what? Is this the same nurse who is going to be with me during delivery????? No thanks. Since then she's left me a voicemail to check if I've figured it out or need any more assistance. Hrrrmph.
  • Options
    @callababy17 ew. How could you possibly get any insurance to authorize anything for you if you are not your own treating physician? Sorry, that's not cool.
  • Options
    Since I had gestational diabetes last pregnancy, my doc is making me test early this time. 10 weeks instead of 26 weeks WTF!! 

Going for 2 dental crowns today because I need them desperately, and of course my nausea comes back today - WTF! I hope I can make it through the dental stuff and gross smells 
  • Options
    vvilla3 said:
    WTF I didn't realize I was in the minority for liking organization and rules.... 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    rofl. 
    @vvilla3 I'm sure, that ultimately, the minorities will become the majority once people dip out *fingers crossed*

• Options
    @vvilla3 what did I miss? Organization and rules?
  • Options
    I'm going to add to the insurance wtf. I got an EOB the other day and I owe over $200 for my 2 betas draws back in January. I guess since they aren't "medically necessary", they didnt cover even half of the first on and wont pay for any of the second one. Which totally pisses me off because I completely skipped the normal blood/urine tests this time since I just did them in November. Maybe I should have just done the whole shabang for my 2nd round of betas so they would have covered it.
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    @VLillyV We have a PS4 and XBox1 lol. 

Oh, and he fixed the HDMI lol. Did the same thing I did, but it worked for him! Oh well, at least it's fixed ;)