Baby Names
Options

Tate?

What are your honest opinions on the name Tate?

would it be better in a middle name slot, or first name?

we like this name because it's a name we haven't heard around our area, and figured it'd be something different. Instead of trendy names we are trying to stay away from.

Re: Tate?

• Options
    @Bringmemylongswordho completely agree. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we like this name because it's a name we haven't heard around our area, and figured it'd be something different. Instead of trendy names we are trying to stay away from.

Taint. All I hear is taint.

Taint. All I hear is taint.
    What was the point in quoting me?
  • Options
    I really like Tate. It's refreshing and strong but not heavy. Cute for a little boy but goes well for a high school and college kid as well and then transitions into the workforce without an issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    When was that? Kay, haven't been on in awhile. Get over it already. Clearly I was NOT going to delete this, at all. So you did it for no reason. So who got the last laugh?! Oh wait..
  • Options
    Taint. Tater tot. Tatum O'Neil. I not really a fan.

• Options
    It's NMS. I'd middle name it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Love this name!   I came across it a while ago and it's a top contender on our list for boys. I don't see it on a lot of name lists which makes me love it and I'm really getting bored of a lot of the other names that I see on baby name lists. I agree it's a totally normal name but seems fresh and underused go for it! 
  • Options

Not a fan. I slightly prefer Tatum but still NMS. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Don't like at all. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I'm so surprised at the negative reactions online! Maybe we are the only ones who think it's adorable haha
  • Options
    Yep all I hear is Taint 

• Options
    Ironically I have started this same thread on here before because I really like Tate on a boy.

Same reaction, everyone here said taint which had never occurred to me.

I still really like it though. I have a student named Tate and I don't think he's ever been made fun of for his name.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Ironically I have started this same thread on here before because I really like Tate on a boy.

Same reaction, everyone here said taint which had never occurred to me.

I still really like it though. I have a student named Tate and I don't think he's ever been made fun of for his name.
    People always look at ONE bad thing about a name and decide they hate it, oh well that's why I'm glad we don't use the same naming style as everyone else!!
  • Options
    I wasn't a fan of this before because it sounds too preppy frat boyish to me. But now all I will hear is taint  :D
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm not a fan. I would have never thought taint. It does sound douchey frat boy to me though.
  • Options
    I also picture preppy frat boy. NMS. 
  • Options
    Never would have thought of Taint.  Honestly, it's nms, but I think of Tate Donovan, the actor, so, for me, that's a good association.  I think it would be fine as either a first or middle.

• Options
    I grew up with a Tate. He was never teased because of his name. I like it!
  • Options
    I like it but all I think of is season 1 of American horror story. With that said I still like it
  • Options
    Taint is where my mind immediately goes as well. Tatum isn't as bad
  • Options
    Haha.  Well, I like Tate.  But my daughter is Tatum, a name I obviously love.  I'm sure some people don't like it, but I think it's awesome.  When we were choosing her name I saw one commenter say Tatum reminded them of scrotum...  But whatever.  :)  I can definitely see Tate as a bit frat boyish, but eh, I don't know that it matters.
  • Options
    Haha.  Well, I like Tate.  But my daughter is Tatum, a name I obviously love.  I'm sure some people don't like it, but I think it's awesome.  When we were choosing her name I saw one commenter say Tatum reminded them of scrotum...  But whatever.  :)  I can definitely see Tate as a bit frat boyish, but eh, I don't know that it matters.
    Zombie thread and a banned OP. 
  • Options
    haha, ok!  I'm sorta new to posting on here-- for the future, how am I supposed to tell if it's a dead thread or banned OP?
  • Options
    haha, ok!  I'm sorta new to posting on here-- for the future, how am I supposed to tell if it's a dead thread or banned OP?
    Its no biggie! Welcome!

Basically if you stay on the first page you should be ok. Or look at the date of the last response to see of its old. OP pic was changed to "banned" but that's less of a big deal. 
  • Options
    I think of Golden Tate the football player. Who we nicknamed Golden Taint 
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---