Tuesday Ticker Change 3/14

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 3/14

• How far along?
    33 weeks!

How big is baby?
    Pineapple

Any appointments this week?
    Ultrasound #4 tomorrow morning, followed by visit with the doctor.

Symptoms?
    Contractions. These are bad, period cramp-like contractions and pressure at times that makes it hard to stand. So far nothing regular, maybe 2 times a day, so I'll ask my doctor about it. No bleeding or discharge or anything concerning. 

Not sleeping at all! Maybe 4 hours a night if I'm lucky. 

Cravings?
    Chocolate for me too. Weird, I haven't really had cravings this pregnancy and all of a sudden I need chocolate!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am beyond ready to meet baby girl. I know it's still too early but give another 4 weeks and I wouldn't be upset if she came a couple weeks early. I'm also over being pregnant!  

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Pink

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
    Some place with a large lot, 2 acres or more and lots of trees. I love the fields and woods of Indiana and live in a big river city. I'd stay here with a nice private piece of land. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess increase fetal movement is a symptom across the board this week. No more flutters but defined movements that make me feel sick to my stomach sometimes. Our babes are getting big!
  • @SWE2 have fun at the 3D it is awesome! I wish our families did our shower earlier! I don't want to be 35 weeks going on 36 when it happens, I am already so uncomfortable!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Zucchini (this has got to be one of those giant ones my dad's golf partner gives us from his garden and not the bitty little ones I buy at the grocery store!)

Any appointments this week? Blood work on Monday

Symptoms? Uncomfortable and waking up more. Agreed on the increase in movement. No little movements, my belly is either still or looks like he is imagining he is on a Jackie Chan movie set. 

Cravings? Food. So much food. My caffeine intake has also jumped recently and I should probably try to tone it down a little. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am envious of the ultrasounds! Hope everyone has great ones! 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In this fantasy all of my support system is coming with me, because if they lived on the North Pole that is were I would be. I don't have somewhere specific. I would like more mild weather than I live in currently (less cold and snow), I want to keep all the lakes we have but add hills or mountains and about 15-30 minute drive outside of a city with good food, music venues, zoos, etc. 

@SWE2 I just visited Holland for the first time a few months ago for a conference. So cute and heated sidewalks downtown is pretty awesome! My BIL lives in GR. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • How far along? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Zucchini 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Frequency restroom trips, heartburn, large appetite 

Cravings? Onion rings and steaks or foods made with beef

Rants/Raves/Questions? Excited to see baby girl move across my belly.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I would like to live on an island or at least have a second home there as soon as I hit the lottery.
  • How far along?  31 weeks

How big is baby?  coconut

Any appointments this week?  Nope!

Symptoms?  It has been super hot here the past couple of days and now I have sausage feet.  Can it be May already?  I'm definitely ready to meet baby girl.  I'm hoping the cramping and BH contractions will mean early dilation... with DS2, I got to 6 cm and 100% effaced without actually going into labor.

Cravings?  None.  Food is still the enemy.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  None this week.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Pink.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  I wouldn't mind being back on the east coast where I grew up but our life where we are now is pretty good, even if our families are all pretty far away.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn squash/pineapple

Any appointments this week? U/S to check cervical length on Thursday. I'm hoping they do a quick check on the baby, too.

Symptoms? I've had some isolated BH. I don't remember having many with my first pregnancy, but I also wasn't chasing/lugging a 30-pound toddler then. A few have stopped me dead in tracks. Ouch!

Cravings? All the sweet things. I made a chocolate cake today just because. Good thing I passed my GD test or I would be one sad lady!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My FIL was over last weekend putting together baby girl's dresser. I stuck a changing pad on top, and now the room is finally starting to look like a nursery! I have a basket of freshly laundered clothes to go in the dresser once they air out a bit. The drawers still have that furniture-y smell.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Girl

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I lived in NYC for almost a decade, which was definitely on my bucket list. (@emilyalso - Living vs. visiting the city has its drawbacks, but it was still a blast. Glad I did it when I was young, though. I can't imagine raising little kids in the city.) Now I would love to live somewhere with no real winter, like Southern California. My husband and I also daydream about buying a vacation spot on South Beach in Miami.
  • @emilyalso - My RCS is scheduled for 11:30am. I'd also love to get it over with earlier to minimize the pre-op starvation, but at least we don't have to be at the hospital at the crack of dawn!

@fbmandy55 - The lack of sleep is killing me, too. I'm getting enough hours of sleep, but I'm up so many times to reposition or go to the bathroom that it feels like a lot less.

@Louise_Belcher - Same with the coffee. Sigh.

I just thought of a question for the mamas further along than me: How often are your checkups now?
  • @slomo, do you miss NYC? We lived there for close to 7 years and moved to Boston around 4 years ago. We miss it a lot, but our lifestyle (kids) and lack of job opportunities for DH pretty much make it impossible for us to move back. I know people with kids in the city and it is obviously doable, it just seems so much harder.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo - We definitely miss the city! But I think it's more about missing our lifestyle when we lived there. It would be so different with kids! Like, what do people do with cabs and carseats? And the lack of space would be a killer with kids and all their crap. We're in NJ now and just a quick train ride away from the city, so we still occasionally go out to dinner there. A few weeks ago, I took a solo trip in so I could ride the new 2nd ave subway and eat at my favorite brunch spot. I got really nostalgic!
  • @slowmo that's really exciting about the nursery!

@Louise_Belcher I've noticed my caffeine intake creeping upwards as well. I'm blaming it on the lack of sleep.

@lilylover27 my shower is on the 2nd as well!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @slowmo my appts have been every three weeks for the last three, I believe once I go next week they'll become every other week then of course weekly!! (I'm 33 weeks) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• How far along? 32 weeks:) 

How big is baby? Squash

Any appointments this week? Friday is u/s and dr

Symptoms? Back/hip pain

Cravings?carbs

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling more tired these days 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Double pink:)

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In the hills somewhere, Tennessee/Kentucky/North Carolina 

to answer the dr frequency question, i am now every week with ultrasounds every other week
  • @slomo, definitely jealous that you are in NJ and can get to the city relatively easily. From Boston, it's not terrible, but we just don't do it with the toddler and really only go in for work trips. I don't understand the cabs and car seats thing. And toting a stroller up and down subway stairs seems pretty miserable. Agreed that it's more a missing of the lifestyle that we lived. I sometimes find myself envious of childless friends still living there, brunching and bar hopping...sigh...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo - Brunch! Sigh. I remember when getting brunch at 11am felt so early! Times sure have changed. 
  • @slowmo I switched to two week appointments at 28 weeks (so 30 weeks, 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks, and then weekly).  For my first two pregnancies, I think we did every three weeks at first, so it was more like 28 weeks, 31 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks and then weekly.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • @CherryBananas - Blaming the caffeine on the lack of sleep sounds like a vicious cycle to me! (But I know we get through the days however we can.)
  • CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited March 2017
    @emilyalso I know! But I need to blame it on something lol.

ETA: it seems like none of us are sleeping well anymore. I actually had 2 nights in a row last week where I slept for 7 hours straight and it's been so long since that happened I was seriously concerned that something was wrong!
  • How far along? 32 weeks

How big is baby? ~16.6 inches and 3.75 pounds

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? The usual suspects! Lol

Cravings? Black iced tea with lemonade

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have an ear ache and scalp sensitivity on the same side. Attributing it to my allergies that kicked in earlier in the day. Thought about calling in sick BUT, as you all know, I'm still working extra shifts to qualify for FMLA. So I sucked it up and went in. Of course, 
    Murphy's law, I had the Patient from hell today AND we were so busy and Short staffed! I wanted to quit right then and there. Then I sat at the nurse's Station and said to some colleagues, "Hey, this is just work." That helped and luckily I got rid of that Patient in 2 hours (surprising because of how much narcotics and benzos I had to administer). Rant over. Sigh.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? By the water where it's 70 degrees all day everyday!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Sorry you had such a crap shift, @mrsrep123
  • @CherryBananas Oh yeah sleep is garbage recently! I completely blame that. I am up so often to pee or eat something. Also DS has opted to start whimpering and squeaking for about 2 hours straight through the night if he wakes up, but if you go in his room to try to help he will full on freak out and hit at you while screaming so... that is fun. Hello can of coke #2 prior to 10am.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher I'm so sorry! That doesn't sound like fun. Just when I start to feel too sorry for myself about the lack of sleep you ladies who are already moms remind me I don't have it so bad. I can't imagine taking care of another kid at this point as well! You are all rockstars!!