September 2017 Moms

Sunday Roll Call

Re: Sunday Roll Call

• I'm here. Just woke up. Already ready for
    a nap. Grocery store and laundry today at some point. Have a good day everyone! 
  • OMG I would totally let DD do this. The message is great, but I couldn't stop laughing. 

https://www.facebook.com/MicMedia/videos/1429262957096490/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here.  I just woke up from an expected nap and now have a bunch of laundry to catch up on.
  • @amandarene112 I wish I liked Nutella :(
  • @daniellelynette That is very sad. :( I limit myself on purpose, because if I ate all the nutella I wanted, I'd be a fat fat fatty. 

• @amandarene112 that's how I am with a lot of things lol. I really love food. 
  • @daniellelynette and @mrsmgsee I think it has picked up since the first episode. I'm also a historical fiction nut though.....some of my favourite books as a child were historical fiction about the House of Tudor (soooo much drama with King Henry and those many many wives!) and the last Russian Royals, the Romanovs....

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 I've always been a history nerd too. My favorites were dinosaurs and ancient Egypt lol. Oh and the Romanovs too! 
  • I can't stop eating today...
  • I'm here but definitely nothing exciting going on. I'm so sluggish today!! I just want to eat and sleep!!!

@amandarene112 I'm a little jealous of that donut...I love Nutella. I went to a cake pop making class last month and I added Nutella as my mix-in and they were delicious!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited March 2017
    @BigBadWolf12 I've always been a history nerd too. My favorites were dinosaurs and ancient Egypt lol. Oh and the Romanovs too! 
    I'm also a little obsessed with the Romanovs, and have a life-long love of all things Ancient Egypt! I also love early American history- anything Revolutionary or Civil War, the American West, Native Americans- and WWII, and Medieval History...I mean, honestly, there isn't much history-wise that doesn't interest me. I almost had a history minor in college- took the right number of hours, but the wrong combination of classes, boo!  

Have any of you read anything by Erik Larson? He's my favorite non- fiction author. He writes narrative non-fiction, so his books cover fascinating historical events (the sinking of the Lusitania in early WWI, the 1893 Chicago World's Fair and the the emergence of America's first prolific serial killer, the life of the family of the American diplomat to Germany when the Nazi's took over the country, etc.), but his writing is so enthralling, you forget you're reading a history book.

• It's negative eleventy billion here today because spring is drunk. We got an early start on the day but it's been stalled with my nausea this afternoon. Thankfully my toddler is currently enjoying a nice long afternoon nap. Mama needed the break. 
  • @BigBadWolf12 I've always been a history nerd too. My favorites were dinosaurs and ancient Egypt lol. Oh and the Romanovs too! 
    I'm also a little obsessed with the Romanovs, and have a life-long love of all things Ancient Egypt! I also love early American history- anything Revolutionary or Civil War, the American West, Native Americans- and WWII, and Medieval History...I mean, honestly, there isn't much history-wise that doesn't interest me. I almost had a history minor in college- took the right number of hours, but the wrong combination of classes, boo!  

Have any of you read anything by Erik Larson? He's my favorite non- fiction author. He writes narrative non-fiction, so his books cover fascinating historical events (the sinking of the Lusitania in early WWI, the 1893 Chicago World's Fair and the the emergence of America's first prolific serial killer, the life of the family of the American diplomat to Germany when the Nazi's took over the country, etc.), but his writing is so enthralling, you forget you're reading a history book.
    In my 6th grade class we studied ancient Egypt like crazy, in the beginning of the year we mummified chickens (store bought) with salt and cinnamon and left them in the school basement until the end of the year... it was so much fun except someone was running and tripped and dumped cinnamon in my eye so the school had to call poison control.... and two kids chickens got maggots, but other than that it went well lol!

I haven't read any of his books but I'll have to look into them! I also love pretty much all history. I agree with everything in your first paragraph. 
  • Just jumped on. I've been busy this weekend. Barely and time to bump! So I have a lot of catching up to do. But I went to church ate some chili cheese fries and now I'm watching impractical jokers. Fun day over here!!!
  • I spent yesterday throwing up. DH threw up from a horrible migraine. Today is going better thankfully. DH went and got us breakfast. We took DS to our old park and then met friends for lunch. Then the boys went into GameStop where DH ordered a Switch and DS got a talking storm trooper. Now I am trying to catch up before crashing to take a nap. 
  • Sitting on the couch snuggling DD since she's sick. DH snuggled her for the 2 he's I was at a friend's baby shower earlier so apparently now it's my turn. 
  • @amandarene112 I had a history minor in college! It felt like it could help my writing degree, if I ever chose to write anything historical, and a lot of history has so much story too it.
    I have only read a few chapters of Erik Larson that was required for a creative nonfiction class, but his writing did pique my interest.

@missykhamvongsa Thanks! That's sounds really exciting; I'll have to state watching it again.

Just woke up from an amazing and really long nap. I wish I could have one of these every day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were supposed to have DH's friends over for dinner. They cancelled right after I got home from buying all the food. I'm kind of annoyed but also glad because this cold is killing me. I'm sitting with my face over the humidifier and watching Netflix.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm super duper sick with a stomach bug. Went to urgent care yesterday and they suspect virus, but didn't check for bacterial. I normally work weekends and I'm definitely not right now. It's still amazing to me how much my husband expects me to tend to our toddler when I'm sick, just because I'm home. So I'm hiding out in the bedroom.
  • Here. We just got off the road. I'm traveling with my DH and his speech and debate team. Tomorrow is the start of their state competition. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • awildrose said:
    Here. We just got off the road. I'm traveling with my DH and his speech and debate team. Tomorrow is the start of their state competition. 
    High school or college? I did speech and debate. I don't miss the grueling hours of a competition, but man it was fun!

• edited March 2017
    It's snowing and cold and my kids wanted to go outside and play. I made dh go out with them and I'm under a blanket eating chocolate. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 ahhh..I wonder that every single day!! If only. I'm pretty sure I would want to deal with almost anything else, but why?? Why does it have to be nausea?! 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @amandarene112

High school. :)
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • I'm here, but it's Monday for me, so today will be getting the littles the school/daycare and then folding stupid laundry and picking up the house. Hoping for a nap in there too since I'll have the house all to myself with DH at work. 
  • Apparently I forgot how to gif too.
  • @HollyGolightly09 oh yeah, I totally agree with you on that. I actually had an infected wisdom tooth during my last pregnancy and it was unbearable.. ugh, no.. would not trade for that either!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I'd rather have a broken finger for three months, or nine, than all the nausea. 
  • Carebella said:
    I think I'd rather have a broken finger for three months, or nine, than all the nausea. 
    Agreed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH had to go into work "real quick" to help recover a jet...it was supposed to land at 415p. It got delayed by a few hours and he was supposed to already be home by now. I'm a little cranky about this. 
  • Awww @lahearn18 I'm sorry your DH got stuck at work :( I know how crappy that is. But it's double crappy that he's been gone and now that he's back he's stuck at work! 
  • @lilpoots I'm so sorry. Stomach bugs while pregnant are the worst. Watch for dehydration. Don't hesitate to go to the ER if it gets tooo bad. There is no shame in going for an IV. I suffered through that with my first. Hope you feel better soon.