April 2017 Moms

Appointments 3.12

2»

Re: Appointments 3.12

• MagheetaMagheeta member
    edited March 2017
    37 week appointment today with the NP since doc is out of town. I also have a sono to confirm the position of the baby. I may decline a check this week because he isn't here and the one from last week seemed to give me some intense contractions shortly after. Also, I'm pretty sure I lost part of my mucus plug after the check, so I'd rather just wait another week until he's back in town. That, and I have a TON of work to finish up before I go. 

Also, GBS negative this time around. I was positive with DS, so I was expecting it again. It's so crazy to me how different this pregnancy has been!
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Taylor72 said:
    @HGRich your first ever professional massage?! Hopefully is amazing. I just had one and it was wonderful! Prenatal massages should be covered by insurance lol 
    Mine are, at least technically they are since I do them through my chiropractor's office. If it isn't fully covered, at least it goes toward my deductible! :) 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @SnarkasaurusRex Hope you start feeling better soon! Coming from someone who suffered from a sinus infection for a month before going to the doctor (yes, I enjoy torturing myself), once I got the antibiotics in me, I was feeling SOOOO much better.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Well 3 of 4 appts done for the week. My thyroid levels are perfect. Just the nst and prenatal appt left and that is tomorrow.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Routine appt and nst yesterday at 35w3d. measuring right at 35 wks. Gbs test swabbed. She didn't offer to check me and I'm glad bc sometimes I cave out of curiosity even though I know checks are pointless.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Had my regular 37 checkup on Thursday. Measuring right where I should be and heartbeat was great.

Ended up getting a NST done. I mentioned the baby didn't move much one day this week and they wanted to check up on her. She's really not much of a mover in general. I almost failed the damn thing - she barely reacts to anything... tried juice, candy, switching positions, giggling belly, even the vibration tazer like thing - and nothing! She finally moved twice at the end to pass the damn thing, thank goodness. Very stubborn and a sleepy girl! 

At at this appointment I also found out that baby girl is breech, of course! Dr scheduled an EVC for next Tuesday (only appt they had) to attempt to move the baby. And they also scheduled a c section for April 3. I am really hoping she moves soon, so I can go for a natural birth! 

I have been doing exercises to help. Went to a chiropractor yesterday for the first time ever to see if the Webster method would help encourage baby to move on her own. It was a great experience and she realigned my pelvis (sacrum was out of alignment). Even if she doesn't move, going to the chiropractor apparently will make for an easier EVC and if she does move after, it can help shorten labor. Who knew!? 

Going for a prenatal massage today, that I scheduled merely for my last relaxation time by myself before the baby comes. Now, I'm hoping it will also to encourage the baby to move. 

Been a whirlwind few days trying to process that I may be having a baby (via c section) on April 3 ... that's only 2 weeks away!! For some reason I thought I had a little more time (although I am at 37 and she can come anytime). 

• @HGRich I LOVE massages. And prenatal massages are just that much better! I'm glad you enjoyed yours!