April 2017 Moms

Working out

Anyone else trying to exercise through the end? I've been pretty good about doing my 20-30 minute prenatal workouts on YouTube at least every other day, but sometimes (like this morning) it takes so much effort to get me out of bed and get started. 
TTC since June 2016
BFP on July 22, 2016 (12 DPO)
EDD April 2, 2017

McFarKaneBabyBlake042017Omie_Wiseschef070911

Re: Working out

• dam0ne4dam0ne4 member
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    Yes I'm still going to the gym a couple times a week. I have a light weights routine I've been doing. I'll also walk whenever I can.

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    McFarKaneBabyBlake042017Omie_Wiseschef070911
  • I use my elliptical for about 10-15mins twice a day and then do a few leg/butt and lower back exercises and stretches. It seems to improve my energy level and decrease anxiety. But I agree getting started is quite the struggle lately. 
    BabyBlake042017Omie_Wiseschef070911
  • I'm trying to just do my step counting - 10,000 a day which usually means I have to go for a purposeful walk on top of normal daily activities. It's been hard to feel up for it with the lack of sleep lately though! 
    Omie_WiseMcFarKaneschef070911cafedisco
  • It's been a struggle over here too, especially since pelvic pressure increased in the last week or so.  Walking is often not very comfortable (even really slow) - but the support belt does help.  I have some light (5 lb) weight or bodyweight exercises that I've been trying to keep up, but some of those exercises are beginning to be uncomfortable as well.  Getting a birth ball/balance ball has really helped because I can sit on it and watch TV and feel like I'm at least doing something. :)

My workplace does a fitness challenge in March so that is helping me stay a little more motivated, as long as I remember to modify everything! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyBlake042017McFarKaneHGRich
  • HGRichHGRich member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I really had good intentions. After the nausea and pelvic pain of the first trimester I started walking more and using free weights and some light aerobic exercises. Then I broke my foot and all I could do was arm exercises for seven weeks. Now I can't do anything without all the acid in my stomach threatening to spill out of my esophagus except some light stretching so I've just been content with that. I wish I had stayed more fit and now I think all my muscle tone is gone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MMC 6/7/16 at 11 weeks
    Rainbow due 4/17/17
    schef070911McFarKaneBabyBlake042017cafedisco
  • kcassetkcasset member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    I'm walking most days (.... okay maybe not MOST) because of GD. Otherwise, I'll be honest, I feel like with a toddler I'd probably not be exercising very much. The All 90s station on Amazon Music is very, very helpful for motivating myself to move. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    McFarKaneBabyBlake042017cafedisco
  • @chelle087 Girl you are still running 4-6 miles?!? I am super impressed!! Hope I can get back to that level postpartum once my feet aren't the size of bricks anymore! :D
    McFarKaneHGRichBabyBlake042017chelle087
  • I'm with @KirstinH88... I wouldn't even try 4-6 miles not pregnant so you are doing awesome @chelle087
    KirstinH88chelle087
  • @chelle087, that's wonderful! I'm jealous! 4-5 is my usual distance not pregnant dnc I just can't hang when I'm pregnant.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
    chelle087
  • catem07catem07 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Answer Name Dropper
    I also wish I could run 4-5 miles right now. I started getting bad cramps even walking on the treadmill on an incline so I had to give that up. I have big goals for running after I can get back into it, though
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP on July 22, 2016 (12 DPO)
    EDD April 2, 2017

chelle087KirstinH88schef070911
  • wagnerwwagnerw member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    @chelle087 4-6 miles?! you go girl!

I was working out at least once a week until I hit around 32 weeks.  Then I lost all motivation/was unable to meet with my trainer once a week.  I have been to the gym in over a month.  I just try to keep moving and walk/move around.  I've done some light weights at home but not super often.  The few nice days we've had I've taken the dog on a walk.  It is supposed to get into the 50s next week (as opposed to it being 12 degrees right now) so I'm hopeful to get some walking in!
    HGRichKirstinH88chelle087BabyBlake042017
  • I was doing zumba and yoga a few times a week until about a month ago when I had that rando bout of extreme nausea.  I never got back on board after.  I know I'd get more energy if I did work out but I feel dead by the time I get DD to bed every night. This week is my spring break so I'm hoping to at least start walking again.

When pregnant with DD, I was doing an hour long walk and 1.5 hours of yoga daily at this point. I'm worried about my stamina in labor since I've let myself go so much...
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
    KirstinH88BabyBlake042017
  • We're planning on going to the Farmer's Market tmrw. Mostly just for the nice weather, walking, and nachos! But I already told DH that I'll most likely be walking MUCH slower than him and the boys AND I may need to take a few million breaks. 

When I was pregnant with DS, DH used to always take me to the Farmer's Market just to get me up and walking. I think it helped with a quick labor/birth, so we are gonna try it again. Maybe go twice a month depending on what's going on.
    Me: 28 DH: 32
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    BFP: 8/17/2016 ~ Due Date: 4/29/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
    HGRichBabyBlake042017cafediscoshaunessa