TTC After a Loss
Options

Genetic testing post d&c back

rainafire77rainafire77 member
edited March 2017 in TTC After a Loss
My old doctor just called and said that the genetic testing came back revealing trisomy 13 in the baby I lost. And it was a girl. So maybe a good thing I miscarried rather than have to make a tough decision right about now?

*edit to say not having to make a tough decision because it was a girl but because of the trisomy 13. I just reread it & it looked wrong how I posted it. Sorry.*

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: Genetic testing post d&c back

• Options
    I understand what you mean.  I would think it also gives you some closure to know why it happened.  We opted to have testing done after our most recent m/c.  If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you and how long did it take to get results back.  (My charges were around $2000 and we're still waiting for results 9 weeks later!)
  • Options
    I'm sorry @rainafire77 it's always hard to hear the results, even if it helps close a chapter, it still hurts.

we had testing after our second mmc and it came back as trisomy 5 (also a girl) so I understand the mixed emotions! Hugs!!

@lilyaster our results came back in 4 weeks (which is what they told us to expect) have you called to get any updates, 9 weeks seems so long to me! Also, I'm not sure about the bill, I think we may still be waiting for ours. What I've learned though, is that all medical bills are negotiable so maybe see if they can shave off a chunk of the bill of you agree to pay on full or something like that. Bills are a terrible reminder of the loss :( hugs 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @Uhlease13 The day after I posted this my doctor called, we had a healthy (genetically normal) girl.  And he is looking into the billing because it seems to be wrong.  I go back to the RE Wednesday to find out if we should TTC again.
  • Options
    @lilyaster Sorry! Just saw this! I haven't seen the bill on it yet even though it's been a month since my procedure. I'm nervous because several tests that my doctor ordered (without my consent or consult) weren't covered by my insurance and I had to pay out of pocket.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018