Tuesday Ticker Change 3/7

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy?

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 3/7

• Options
    MrsFox2008MrsFox2008 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along? 
    32 weeks!!!! 

How big is baby?
    The size of a squash 

Any appointments?
    none this week 

Symptoms?
    tossing and turning every night, heart burn, and back pain. 

Cravings? 
    Fruit (yay something healthy) and chocolate. 

Team: Pink 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rave: starting to really check things off my to do list for baby, it feels great to get it done. 

GTKY: my go to snack has been cheese and crackers! 

ETA: team pink!

• Options
    @MrsFox2008 -- Oops! Looks like I jumped the gun with my post. I'll delete mine.

How far along? 28 weeks. Third tri, wheee!

How big is baby? Eggplant/coconut/rollerblade

Any appointments this week? Checkup tomorrow, including the dreaded GD test.

Symptoms? More of the same -- hunger, getting out breath easily. I'm starting to find it difficult to get comfortable in bed.

Cravings? Tacos and spicy food in general.

Rants/raves/questions? My OB practice called and gave me my official c/s date: May 23 @ 11:30am. Kind of a random time, but at least I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn?

GTKY: What's your go-to snack? Avocado toast with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Yum.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slowmo looks like we posted the same time  :p good luck on your GD tomorrow!! Also a part of me wishes I knew what day my baby would be born, DD was a C/S but we're attempting a VBAC this go around! 

• Options
    Hey there, Tuesday ladies!! Another week down!

How far along? 31 weeks! 5 weeks to induction--EEK!

How big is baby? Super random...the size of an 11 pound jar of Nutella? According to my signature...

Any appointments this week? Just have to go in for some blood work tomorrow to check on the cholestasis crap. Next week starts the weekly appointments...

Symptoms? Heartburn, loss of flexibility (basically living in slip on shoes), crankiness, frequently interrupted sleep, general discomfort, exhaustion...I'm a big ole ball of sunshine these days! 

Cravings? Chocolate and ice cream. And beer...sigh. And sometimes raspberries. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just generally over being pregnant. I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks because this will be my last pregnancy, but it's been really tough. I'm also starting to get really stressed about the whole child birth process...just remembering the pain, etc...I'm anxious thinking about having to repeat it all. On a happier note, I ordered (and received) some super cute personalized Easter baskets for the kiddos on Etsy! I'm trying to put a positive spin on this early delivery thing... 

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? Rice cakes and almond butter! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Kipperoo Nutella, yum!!! Haha
    Hope all goes well at your appointment, can't believe you only have 5 weeks left! A huge part of me is not looking forward to the weekly appointments..

• Options
    @slowmo good luck with the glucose test!
    @mrsfox2008 I feel your pain on the sleep!
    @kipperooI have been craving beer and wine like crazy! I don't know if it is because I know the end is in sight or because I am so tired and just want a drink!

How far along?
    31 Weeks! EDD 5/9

How big is baby?
    Romaine Lettuce

Any appointments this week?
    On Saturday we are having our 3D/4D pictures done! Let's hope LO cooperates and we can get some good shots!

Symptoms?
    Fatigue, trouble sleeping, heartburn, intense hunger at time, emotional/moody, upper back discomfort (does anyone else get this? It feels like my upper back is super tight in the shoulders and makes my arms feel weak occasionally), short of breath

Cravings?
    Whatever I see, nothing too specific just food in general lately!

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Blue

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I know LO still has more time to cook but I am also so done with being pregnant. I want him to take his time so he is nice and healthy but I am looking forward to getting some of my body back. I hate to complain too since this is my rainbow baby but my goodness I am just so uncomfortable and moody! I also can't wait for my shower to get here so we know what we need/don't need and I can finish setting up the nursery, but I have a little less than a month to wait!

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy?
    I actually haven't had one go to snack, I seem to vary between healthy options and complete crap! Probably anything dessert or sweets.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @slowmo While I am not envious of the c/s I do envy knowing exactly when your little one will arrive. 
    @Kipperoo Where on earth does one find an 11lb jar of Nutella?! I super want a beer too. I think about it far more then I should. Hope your blood work goes well.

How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn squash

Any appointments this week? Had OB on Friday and Hematology yesterday. Everything is good, but I am starting on bloodwork every two weeks for the next six weeks and then every week until the baby arrives. I was a little bummed about this because I thought I would get to go another month with monthly blood draws. 

Symptoms? Lower back ache in the evening. It almost feels like gas, but a little different and very uncomfortable. And I started to get what I would guess is acid reflux, but I have never had that before. Although both of these started right after getting the Tdap which tends to give me a few days of grief, so I am hoping these symptoms are short lived. 

Cravings? Sugar and cheese

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Second time with team Blue

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: I suppose I already said this, but I am annoyed at the frequency I will need to get poked given I do not see them doing anything about it if/when my platelet count starts dropping. So it's like I am just getting poked for their fun.
    Rave: We got DS' big boy room completely painted this weekend and his dresser is all finished and in the room. My mom painted part of the dresser and the bedside tables and they look AMAZING. The bedside tables are floating, so we still need to install those on the wall. Once everything is up I will probably post in the nursery thread, although it is not a nursery it is the room I got to redo this pregnancy as the nursery is not changing. I am loving how it is turning out. 

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? Sour gummy worms and seasoned cheese. Not together. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options

How far along? 31 wks 

How big is baby? Asparagus?!

Any appointments this week? Thursday :)

Symptoms? Lots of pressure down under, upper back pain by the end of the day

Cravings? Coca Cola

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Double pink!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Why does everything taste like metal?! No matter what I eat and drink these days, the after taste is metal

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? Cheese and crackers
  • Options
    Hi guys!  
    @Kipperoo an 11lb jar of Nutella?! Where does that even exist?! 
    @Louise_Belcher that room sounds awesome!  I can't wait to see pictures :). I'm living vicariously through all of you, because we're not changing anything in the nursery for this little guy, or for my girls! 

how far along are you? 29 weeks! 

How big is baby? 1gallon of milk.

Appointments this week? Thursday!!  Dr has said he will be "shocked!" if I make it to full term this time, so I've got a steroid shot scheduled for this week to make sure his lungs have time to grow! 

Symptoms- I'm going back and forth between having lots of energy and having zero energy. And nausea is back, yay, as Thomas likes to kick my stomach all the time! 

Cravings? Not really. 

Team-blue. 

Rants/raves/questions- SIL is in labor!! Hooray!  Hopefully my newest little niece or nephew will be here any time now :).   I have fabric laid out ready for either a boy or a girl to whip up a quick blanket once baby is here!  

GTKY- go to snack? - I've been eating a lot of baby carrots. Also toast! 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun yay for SIL in labor how exciting! 

@0408Bear ohhh I could go for a fountain coke right about now :) 

@Louise_Belcher sorry to hear about having so many blood draws. I would probably have a meltdown before each draw they make me so nervous! But yay for getting your DS big boy room together :) 

@lilylover27 I feel you on being so done with the pregnancy but I remind myself I am so very blessed to have carried one healthy baby ,now two and I wouldn't change that for anything even though how uncomfortable I've been the last few weeks. 

• Options
    How far along? 30 weeks!  (I can't believe it's 3/4 over!)

How big is baby? Butternut Squash or Platypus

Any appointments this week? Regular visit on Friday 

Symptoms? Becoming more uncomfortable, frequent trips to tt - and it's only like 5 drops  :|

Cravings? ALL THE SWEETS! I purposely bought Girl Scout cookies I don't like just so I would stay out of them

Team Pink/Blue/Green? TEAM GREEN

Rants/Raves/Questions? Mostly Rave: Last week we had to replace our hot water heater (to the tune of $1200.) BUT an awesome outcome is that the water pressure in our shower is OFF THE CHAIN. I can get the shampoo out of my hair in like 2.5 seconds! 

GTKY: What has been your go to snack this pregnancy? I keep chocolate chips around because hubs likes them in his pancakes. Welp... there are never any left for him, because I am scarfing them down by the handful! 

@MrsFox2008 - There was a devastating month or so when the halos/cuties had gone out of season and oranges weren't in the stores yet. Now we are stocked on navel oranges, and I could eat one every meal! Also - I had forgotten if you had mentioned VBAC before. Best of luck to you! I hope you have a good support system and people that can advocate for your wishes. 

@slowmo - I'll be a scheduled C as well but haven't set up a time. Will you be forbidden to eat that morning? Or is that just for people going under general? 

@Kipperoo - 5 weeks?! That's barely more than a month! You are really in the home stretch now. :) Maybe we should add induction/C-section date to our ticker questions for those of us who will have one. 

@lilylover27 - I remember with my first, feeling very torn toward the end of pregnancy. On the one hand, I wanted that baby OUT! But on the other hand, I acknowledged how easy he was to manage while he was still IN. I knew the real 'fun' would start once we got him home. :)  (And I don't mean that to be as cynical as it sounded - I actually loved the newborn stage! It's just that they require so little while still in the oven.) 

@0408Bear - Asparagus??? You need to put some meat on that baby! 
    :#:p  
  • Options
    @emilyalso thank you so much! My support system is pretty great it just so happens my dr is my biggest supporter along with DH of course. I'm super thrilled to have her as my dr, she is so encouraging and is always reminding how great she thinks I'll do :) 
    Also about your water heater, at least your finding the positive in replacing it! 

• Options
    @Squirtgun , wow! Already time for steroid shots? When do they think you will deliver?? I have to do the steroid shots, too, but they told me it's most effective when the baby is coming 2-7 days from the time of the injection, so I won't start for a few weeks. And, YAY for the new niece/nephew!! 

@slomo, that is a strange time for a scheduled c-section, but at least you are on the calendar! 

@emilyalso , @lilylover27 , I'm definitely feeling torn about wanting her out because I'm sick of being pregnant and not wanting her out because I know it's way more work when she's on this side. It's actually bumming me out a bit because, with my son, the whole parenting thing was SO new that I was super excited to get it started. This go around, I'm such a mixed bag of high and low emotions and I feel bad that I don't have the same constant state of excited anticipation that I had with my son. 

@Louise_Belcher , it sounds really obnoxious to have to go in so frequently if the test results won't spur any kind of action. I am so sick of being poked and I only have to be checked every 3 weeks...I feel for you! On the other hand, thanks to my 2x daily self injections of Lovenox, I feel like my fear of needles has been completely eradicated. Silver lining?

• Options
    @Kipperoo um, that's not what my OB told me, so hopefully he's not suspecting a lot earlier than he's letting on! Yikes!  I think he prefers to do multiple rounds of the shots, so maybe that's why he wants to start super early? 
  • Options
    (Oh, and in case anyone was curious, SIL had a girl!!  Her older one is a boy, so now that she's got one of each she's not allowed to have more kids, right?  :D:D  I'm putting a huge bet down on her MIL actually saying something like that, though  :#
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:
    @Kipperoo um, that's not what my OB told me, so hopefully he's not suspecting a lot earlier than he's letting on! Yikes!  I think he prefers to do multiple rounds of the shots, so maybe that's why he wants to start super early? 
    Yeah, I'm sure it's probably just a different type of steroid shot! I was asking about it at literally every appointment because I'm stressed about the 36 week delivery and they told me (doctor and MFM doctor) that they would only do one round of 2 shots and it had to be in week 35...the timing could also have something to do with my cholestasis. But as long as they think that baby will keep baking, that's great news!! Your situation is likely different from mine. :-) 

And, yay!, that your SIL had her baby! I'm sure the "oh, now you've got them both and can stop" comments will just start flooding in...ugh...the WORST. 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo if it makes you feel better, younger daughter was born at 35weeks, no steroid shots beforehand, and came out screaming her head off!  No lung issues at all!! So, I bet with the steroid shots AND that one more week, your little one will be golden :)
  • Options
    @Squirtgun , yes, that actually DOES make me feel better. This early delivery thing is freaking me out. Especially because I will not be able to have an epidural if she comes any earlier than 36 weeks and I am not great at tolerating pain. My son was born at 37 weeks with no issues (and no steroids) but it's still causing me a little stress. OH, and yesterday I was picking DS up from daycare and another woman who is pregnant and also happens to be a midwife was there and she was clearly judging me for being ok with an early induction. Grilling me like "well, if they are treating the cholestasis, can't you push back on an early delivery? there are so many problems that can arise from such an early induction if your body and the baby aren't ready!". I know she's just an extra crunchy/granola person and I'm more driven by medical facts, but, of course, it added a little to my anxiety. 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo, @lilylover27, @emilyalso, and anyone feeling this way: Ugh, the third trimester is a definitely time of tricky, conflicting feelings. I'm so excited but then I think about what it's going to be like to have a newborn and a toddler, and I get freaked out really fast. (To say nothing of the pain, bleeding, etc., immediately after birth.) Time is sort of moving at a weird pace. Does anyone else feel that way? Like the first part of pregnancy inched along super slowly as you counted down the weeks to the point where you felt like most of the scary stuff was behind you. But then it speeds up, and you wish it would slow down because you're just not ready. All this plus the discomfort, breathlessness, frequent peeing, and the other delightful physical aspects of third tri. Yeesh. I need a drink.

@Louise_Belcher - Biweekly bloodwork, ouch. That really sucks. But maybe you'll get some good news re: platelets?

@Squirtgun - Congrats on your new niece! I have a boy and this one is a girl, and EVERYONE says that stuff. I mean, we ARE done. But we would have been done no matter what after two! Hope your doc is just being extra cautious with the steroid shots and that your baby stays put for a while!

@emilyalso - They haven't told me yet when I'll have to stop eating, but I bet it will be nothing by mouth after midnight the night before. I'm hoping all the nerves of the big day will keep me from being too hungry! Not being able to eat was the worst part of my long labor last time. When they told me then I would need a c-section, which I knew meant no real food for several more hours, I burst into tears. I had been fantasizing about what I would eat after the baby was out, and clear liquids were SO not going to cut it!
  • Options
    Hi Tuesday Tickers! 

How far along? 31 weeks 

How big is baby? ~3.31 pounds & ~16.1 inches, a bundle of asparagus or bunch of romaine lettuce 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? The one that is standing out to me right now is mid-back pain, right along my entire bra line! If I hunch over, I get a little relief but because of how big my belly is, I can't hunch over that much. So, I have MH hit/massage it. 

Cravings? Weird, I always want black iced tea with lemonade and potato chips on my way to work. At home, I'm perfectly fine without. Oh, and tomato soup, lol. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

Rants/Raves/Questions? Still recovering from an awesome weekend - had our baby shower celebration with MH's family in L.A.

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? I can't think of a go-to snack. If I'm home and want a quick munch on something, I'll grab a handful of raisins, walnuts, or peanuts from the pantry. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @slomo, YESSSS....you have perfectly summed up how I'm feeling. Some days I think I'm losing my mind. I know I didn't have this kind of anxiety and almost dread (?) with DS and THAT freaks me out because I am not an anxious person at all in non-pregnant life. And I really just want a drink (or a whole bottle of wine) and a night off of being pregnant and being a parent of a toddler to just decompress and reset. DH thinks I'm a little crazy and doesn't seem stressed at all, but I think it's just because he's not thinking about it as much as I am. Because he doesn't have a tiny belly ninja not-so-gently reminding him multiple times a day.
  • Options
    Ugh, DS just popped up from bed (thought he already fell asleep for his nap) so I'll have to respond to all of your responses later (probably during some downtime at work later).  

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @MrsFox2008 Thumbs up for checking things off the baby list. I hope you have a successful VBAC!

@slowmo FX you pass your glucose test and congrats for setting your c/s date. I bet sh!t just got real!

@Kipperoo  5 weeks left :o , slip on shoes - right there with you, this may be my last pregnancy as well and I, too, am trying to enjoy it as much as possible, but man the discomfort this round is no joke. 

@lilylover27  yes to the extreme snacking of healthy options and junk over here too. 

@Louise_Belcher  ugh to all those blood draws. Excited to see pics of DS' room. 

@0408bear metallic taste??? Hmm... what has your OB said about it?

@squirtgun Woohoo for a new niece or nephew!

@emilyalso Man, MH bought some GSC over the weekend and I stashed some samoas and thin mints away  :s   

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Oh and BTW, DS never went down for his nap and was still running around and playing as I headed out to work. I'm already fricken exhausted! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @Kipperoo LOL, that's how I've been describing this LO lately... a little ninja giving me the 1-2 hi-yah!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn squash 

Any appointments this week? Tomorrow is glucose test

Symptoms? Large appetite and heartburn flaring up right before bed

Cravings? Childhood foods. I had fish sticks last night and have not had those for at least 8-13 years. Remember I was craving porky beans and hotdogs last week?

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? Not really a snack but a blow pop since It helps me stay calm at work 
  • Options
    How far along?  30 weeks

How big is baby?  Butternut squash

Any appointments this week? I had my 30 week appointment today.  Baby girl was lying sideways and having quite the dance party, per my midwife.  Her heart rate was 166 bpm so, yes, definitely being active.

Symptoms?  I'm feeling insanely huge even though I'm measuring right on track.  I've started having a lot of cramping and Braxton-Hicks (including one so painful it jolted me out of sleep).  Midwife says it's all normal for a third pregnancy.

Cravings?  Nothing in particular... feeling meh about food these days.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Pink.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  We've had a really stressful month culminating with my husband having surgery tomorrow.  Between being the only parent for a month to two boys desperate to have their dad back, being anemic, and having an out of whack thyroid all pregnancy, I'm so exhausted and starting to worry that I'll never "catch up" before I have to labor and deliver and deal with a newborn.  I was so rested going into my second labor and it was awesome and the newborn period was easy peasy.

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy?  This Greek restaurant near us has the most amazing yogurt parfait with berries, granola, and some honey.  Yum.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    @MrsCPALeslie  and @slowmo  good luck at your GD test! 

@lilylover27 ohh have fun at your 3D! We are going next Saturday and I'm so excited to see her!

@Louise_Belcher that's awesome how much you got done. I can't wait to see pictures if you feel like sharing

@Squirtgun  what fun it will be to have your kids so close in age 

@skeetied hope your husbands surgery goes smoothly and he recovers quick. 

How far along? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Barbie car

Any appointments this week? Was supposed to have one today but Dr. had a delivery and since I don't have much going on will just wait for the next one in two weeks

Symptoms? Really bad achy vagina. Also waking up to pee and not falling back asleep for hours 

Cravings? Not much. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

Rants/Raves/Questions? Have to rave about DH. We were watching the food channel Monday night and I said I wanted an elephant ear thinking I would never get one and that's ok. Nope he got up (at 9pm) and made me some from scratch. He was so proud of himself for the dough rising and the yeast working perfectly. Plus they were amazing! 

Cant wait for Sunday, having my bridal shower. Also my college roommate is here for a visit so it's making the time fly by. We are going shopping today to get all my hospital bag essentials. Nice having someone with me who has gone through it. 

GTKY: what has been your go to snack this pregnancy? Pb&j, halos, blackberries and vanilla ice cream with bananas and chocolate syrup. 
  • Options
    Also forgot to mention we had our first birthing class last night(Tuesday). There are 6 which isn't bad but they are 2.5 hours each. Yikes! Half was good information the other was so boring. I hope they all aren't like that. 
  • Options
    Sorry to post and ghost yesterday. Left work at 12:30 yesterday and only got to lurk for a minute before bed. DS had a speech evaluation and as expected did poorly. It is so painful to watch him fail at something. My mom and dad picked him up last night after he ate dinner which was great because it allowed me time to cry while eating dinner with DH. Some days are hard. 

@MrsFox2008 I have started to get better with the blood draws, but I feel you on freaking out. I used to start laughing uncontrollably on the way to do them out of panic.

@Kipperoo Agreed! It is just dumb to me to monitor something so closely with no plan to intervene. I understand as it gets extremely close to the due date to check it more frequently, but come on! I have certainly gotten much, much better with my fear of needles, but have also got a bit judgy on people's skill level at taking blood. Some are not cut out for that job! Also exactly what you said about a mixed bag of emotions and feeling guilt about not having a constant state of excited anticipation. I feel so guilty, because even when I try to think and do for this baby it ends up being something for DS instead, like redoing a room is for DS and when I go clothes shopping I end up buying for DS. I am having a hard time feeling anything besides anxiety about the arrival of this baby. 

@Squirtgun Congrats on the niece! How exciting that they will be so close in age!

@slowmo Thanks. I am hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised and see the number stay where it is! So the curious side of me will be happy about getting to know the number so frequently. 

@SWE2 I will definitely be sharing photos once the room is completely put together. So excited! Also that 1/2 helpful 1/2 boring would be how I described our birthing class last go. You have a lot more of them though. I think we only had 3 weeks. Hope at least most of the future classes are more interesting!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    Hugs, @Louise_Belcher! It's so heart-breaking to watch our kids struggle. 

@skeetied - Hope your husband's surgery goes well.

@SWE2 - Each class is 2.5 hours? Yikes!
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher , sending you nothing but love--watching your children struggle with anything is hard, but adding pregnancy hormones to the mix must make that feel impossible. Early intervention is such a tough thing because, in many cases, it's easier and less heart wrenching to ignore it and hope it resolves itself. Kudos to you for doing the right thing for him, even though it's hard for you. And ditto on the guilty feelings...all of the guilty feelings...I have a really, really hard time imagining that I'm going to love this new child the way I love DS. And I feel like a terrible person for feeling that way. Sigh. 

@SWE2, 2.5 hour classes?? Yikes!! I can't imagine there is that much material to cover! Bring lots of snacks. We did one full day class with DS and I felt like half of it was just useless. Including an exercise where they made us stare into each other's eyes and "connect"...we couldn't keep a straight face for longer than 3 seconds.

@skeetied, good luck with your husbands' surgery!! Such bad timing, but I guess there is no good timing for that kind of thing either... 

• Options
    @Louise_Belcher so many hugs. I totally know the feeling. Just know that this "failure" is really a starting point. A new beginning. It really is.  It means he can get help!!  I felt so horrible when daughter failed her speech/language assessment. I think even though I saw it every day, and I am the one who contacted early intervention about it, somewhere in the back of my mind was still somehow "I'm probably overreacting."  (Especially because my in laws definitely even now think I'm overreacting.)  But seeing her do so badly on that evaluation, it tore me up!  It is so hard.  But man. This next step. The next step is the hope filled step!!  The next step is setting a plan in place to help your son. That is the best feeling. Knowing that there is something concrete that you can do that will help!!  It will be a lot of hard work for him and for you, but man, doing something is SO MUCH BETTER than worrying and not having a clear path.  
  • Options
    @Kipperoo and @Squirtgun I cannot truly explain how thankful I am for your kind words of encouragement. I thought I would go through yesterday and it would be fine. I didn't anticipate the feelings I would have watching him and answering all the questions with "No, he doesn't do that yet". It would have been easier to ignore it for a while longer. It would hurt less. We do not see other children at the same age as him often so it would have been easy to just pretend it wasn't an issue. I am looking forward to feeling some hope and I know this is the best way to get there. I feel fortunate that there is help for him and that it wasn't brushed off by those around me. But man is it hard. Thank you. 

Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20