February 2017 Moms

Name Follow Up

I stole this from another bmb and thought it was kind of cool. Now that we have all met our LOs and have gotten to know them a little bit, it'd be fun to see how we all feel about the names we chose!

Are you still happy with the name you chose? 

Have you gotten any weird or unexpected comments to the name?

Do you think LO fits their name? 

Anything else you want to share?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Name Follow Up

• Loading the player...
  • Jab3 said:
    Evie

Its pronounced Eevie and some people have pronounced it as Ehvie which I understand because come to find out that's a typical pronunciation of that name, but I wasn't anticipating this being an issue because my Dumbass didn't realize that until after the fact. Oh well!  Still love it and happy we chose it. Also have had a couple people ask if it's short for Evelyn which is what I guess Evie pronounced  "Ehvie" 
    is short for. Nope, it's just Evie.

@Jab3 This! We are using the nickname Evy short for Evelyn and my MIL keeps pronouncing it Eh-vie. I'm like stop it's Ee-vie!! I honestly didn't realize that people would pronounce it Eh-vie. Like you said though, oh well! 
  • Evelyn

I love the name and I am very happy that we didn't explore other names. Everyone says it beautiful. For some reason though I still find myself constantly referring to her as "baby sister" or "sissy". When I talk to her I say her name, but I guess when other people are around my 4yr old is as well and I just end up saying baby sister. He knows her name and is quick to tell someone so I don't know why I don't say it to him. Her name definitely fits her. 
  • lemieuxk said:
    Caroline Alice

Yes, we love it. We both like classic names that aren't too girly or fussy. Her middle name is after my grandmother who has advanced dementia, which feels right and special. 

I had no idea how much confusion there would be with Caroline/Carolyn. It comes up constantly. 

Yes! She looks like a little doll.

I'm so interested about when people decide on names. I couldn't imagine waiting until she was born because I thought of her as Caroline fir most of my pregnancy and it really helped me connect with her.
    Which pronunciation is it? I'm saying it in my head as line.
  • ColeBug89 said:
    Name: Ella Michelle

Yes! Ella is the only name H and I could agree on, so we really didn't have any other options lol.

Not really...everyone loves her name and we get compliments that her middle name is after my late SIL. My coworker calls her Princess Ella like the movie Enchanted? Lol but I'm ok with that :)

I think she fits her name pretty well!

I agree that naming a human is hard! To take the edge of such a frilly name like Ella, I sometimes call her Ells Bells...like AC/DC's Hells Bells haha.
    Love the Ells Bells modification!

LO's NN is Ella, so it was fun reading your responses to the same name :)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @grapeskittles4lyfe I love the description of little punk rock fairy! That's exactly how I picture my Ella too. It's so interesting how names fit their people lol
  • Weston

I love the name! When we were in the hospital, looking at the name list, that was the only name I liked from the list after looking at him. DH started looking for new names. I told him he had the whole 9 months to look at names and he needed to go off the list of names we already picked and agreed on. 

Most people like it. We have a had a few people say "oh...ok"

yes, I think he looks like a little Weston or Wes. 

My 3 year old won't use Weston's name when talking about him and says his name is "new baby". 
  • @homemake Yes, line! I guess some people spell it line but pronounce it Lynn. I never knew that, though.

@Janefelicity We were thisclose to naming her Cora, so we both would have had Cora Alices.  Weird!
  • Senna Caroline

Yes! H and I are huge racing fans and she is named after the late Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna. When our friends heard her name they said it totally made sense that we would name her Senna.

No, though she does get called Sienna at the doctor's office every time. We expected that though. I have to correct people on my name all the time and it never bothered me.

Oh for sure! We had the name picked out before we even got married. We had talked about naming her Chloe for a little bit instead and I'm so glad we didnt. She is definitely not a Chloe.

Neither of us are super thrilled with the flow of her middle name. H vetoed every middle name I came up with so she didn't have a middle name until about 10 minutes before we left the hospital. It was the only name we were both OK with.
  • Harrison Elliott

Yes!  I couldn't imagine calling him anything else.

We get a lot of "Are you shortening it to Harry or using his full name?"  We introduce him as Harrison, so we intend on him being called Harrison. 

Yes. Everyone says he looks like a little old man and the name suits him. 
    I'm so glad DU agreed to the name finally. He was against any name that ends in an "n" because all my nieces and our DD have names that end in "n" and it drives him crazy when my mom calls for them all at once. But he agreed that he loved the name and it fits well with our last name. 
  • Amelia Paige

Yes! I was stuck on the name Addison for the first half of my pregnancy but now I'm so glad H only liked Amelia 

Nope! Everyone seems to love it. We didn't tell anyone her name until she was born though so they didn't really have a chance to comment

Definitely. Just something about it seems perfect. We still haven't decided for sure on what her actual nickname will be if we decide to use one (currently debating Mia) but for now my husband just likes to call her "peanut" :)

• lfrank12 said:
    Amelia Paige

Yes! I was stuck on the name Addison for the first half of my pregnancy but now I'm so glad H only liked Amelia 

Nope! Everyone seems to love it. We didn't tell anyone her name until she was born though so they didn't really have a chance to comment

Definitely. Just something about it seems perfect. We still haven't decided for sure on what her actual nickname will be if we decide to use one (currently debating Mia) but for now my husband just likes to call her "peanut" :)

My Amelia goes by Mia and it suits her perfectly.  Millie, Amy, Lia are the only other nicknames I could think of to go with it. 

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have Heidi 

Yes, I love it. I feel like it's a great mix of traditional but spunky and still sweet.

Not since she was born but one of my good friends hated it when I told her about it. She said it was a cute baby name but she couldn't see it on an adult. She's since changed her opinion.

I do! It's the most classic name out of all of our kids but it fits her sweet little face so well! We thought about Nadia, Hilde, and Anya but those don't suit her.

cant wait for May for the SSA to release the baby name popularity list :) 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We have August James

I still love it. People ask me all the time if we spell it like the month. Umm, yes. I can't imagine a spechul snowflake spelling of August. 

I always thought DS1 would call him Gus Gus like the chubby mouse on Cinderella. But he doesn't seem to get the idea of nicknames - "No mommy, hims name is August!"

My sister calls him Augie which I HATE. But I don't correct her because I don't think it will stick beyond the tiny baby phase and I remember when my brother told us we couldn't call his daughter Mimi when her name is Melanie (her big sister called her Mimi and we all started using it too). We eye rolled pretty hard at that lame rule so I'm trying not to be that person over Augie. 
  • Quinn Avery

It's still kind of weird because we were so set on Amelia (for our girl option) until the very end of the pregnancy.  Something kind of clicked in the last couple of weeks and I just switched to Quinn all of a sudden.  I'm still happy that we chose it.

My mom said she'd never heard of the name, which I thought was weird because I don't think it's that uncommon.

I don't really have any preconceived ideas about the characteristics that go with Quinn, so I'm not sure.

After Quinn arrived, I sent a text to my sister with the name.  She replied asking if it was a girl or boy.  Even though we had considered Quinn for either, once we had a girl, I just expected everyone to realize it was a girl's name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you still happy with the name you chose? 
    I have always liked the name Austin, but for some reason it didn't feel right this whole pregnancy. I really wanted to name him William, and use Will as a nn. Instead we went with Austin, and though I do still like the name Austin, I can still imagine calling him Will instead. I wonder how long it will take to feel the this was definitely the right name feeling?

Sort of, we haven't gotten any weird comments but when we tell people his name, they just stare blankly for a few seconds before asking his middle name. When we say Reid, they repeat it with a really?? tone in their voice. Then they say "how is that spelled? R-E-E-D? Then when we correct them, they literally go huh like they are surprised. Maybe it's because we didn't decide on his name until about 4 weeks before birth, and picked his middle name while we were in the hospital?

I'm not sure yet, due to still preferring William for him.

despite liking the name William, it really doesn't  flow with our other kids' names. We have Taylor, and Kayli... William sounded too long, formal, and classic compared to their name. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tishbtishb member
    We have Abigail Lee.
    I love, love, love Abigail! It's such a sweet, beautiful name and our little Abby is just that. We call her Abigail, Abby, Sweetpea, Pumpkin, and Baby Abby. 
    Her middle name is the same as H's middle name, and his late mother's middle name. I personally wanted to go with something a little girlier, like Joy or Grace, but I know how important it was to H to name our only daughter after his mother who he lost to cancer 11 years ago. I have accepted it, and she's my little Abby Lee
  • @tishb story about the name Lee... One of my sister's middle name is Lee (and my H and our oldest son lol) but growing up she always had people tell her that it was a "boys name" because of the spelling, and she would ask my parents why they spelled it that way. As she grew up though, she absolutely loves her middle name, and she ended up giving it to her oldest daughter as a middle name too! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tishb and @kswiger06 My grandmas' middle names were Lee and Ann so my middle name is LeeAnn and I love it! Love that it is a waynof honoring my grandmothers :)
  • Name: Kanan Maverick

Very Much so! I love his name and I love that I was able to convince DH to let his middle name be Maverick. His aunt calls him Mav, I approve. I love that when he's freaking out I can be like "You're going ballistic Mav!" or "You're never going to be happy unless you're going Mach 2 with your hair on fire!"

Yeah, a handful of people have responded with "Oh...like, from the Bible?" No, like from Star Wars! Lol, but in all seriousness, I had forgotten there was a Cainan in the Bible, oops.

I definitely think it fits him! I can't imagine calling him anything else!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't say "oh yes it's 100% perfect!" lol. FWIW I love Austin :)