November 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms thread for the week of March 6

2»

Re: Randoms thread for the week of March 6

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge Lily Jade is amazing because of their insert. I think you mentioned that you're a freak about organization in your house? Yep. You'd love this bag. So many pockets. And the insert comes out, so you can use it as a purse easily if you want. I need to look up the Henri Bendel one!

Edit: oooooh the Henri Bendel ones are cuuuuute! I love that you can monogram them too :love:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @elsieisamoocow I loooove that it can be monogrammed, can't wait to get Baby's initials on there. The Lily Jade ones are super cute! I love how many different styles there are!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 on the "drop off bag" and it always comes in handy to have a spare. 

We're going to a Gatsby themed costume wedding on St Patrick's Day. I was super excited about it, and we were even waiting to TTC until next month so I could enjoy it fully, and then...well plans changed lol But now I'm not super excited about the drunk fest and heels all night thing anymore. 
  • Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited March 2017
    So I've been constipated since the BFP. 5 weeks and a day today, DH and I had sex. It was going great till I Od pretty hard and started cramping. Got up and instantly had to poop

eta: You know you were on the TTGP forum for so long when you reread this and instantly think Od as in ovulated. I'm gonna go finish my only half caff coffee for today. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Shopping for party supplies for DD's second birthday. What can you buy with Disney princesses on it?  A miniature Rubik's cube. Because of course.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just realized we have a jack and Jill for our good friends on the 25th. One of these good friends is also my boss. Wanted to wait to let my work people (and even our friends) know until the 12 week window is over, but everyone will absolutely know when I don't have a drink or 5 in my hand..

Also, @DuchessOfCambridge I have a Vera Bradley backpack that is so functional and I love but after googling that Henri Bendel bag... that is a very possible splurge! It's gorgeous  :#
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco plead antibiotics! Can't drink while you're on those ;) Also I love your username. And yes, the Bendel bag is gorg  <3

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Even though it's not my first time, I too am BSC and have a total of 4 pregnancy apps :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'll be looking more in the skip hop price range for a new diaper bag. Still excited though; and even more excited about the idea of getting to pack it for the hospital. I love packing for trips, so packing a bag full of tiny, special baby things was just the best. I way overpacked. I didn't care. 

• Options
    @ArtificialRed I am looking more in Skip hop range too, though I stumbled across some JJ Cole ones on amazon I like.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ugoglencoco i recently went drinking with my girlfriends and tipped the waiter to bring me virgin
    mojitis right when I got there. So basically I kept telling him repeat after every drink, he kept bringing me virgin mojitos and everyone thought I was drinking. Fun was after I had 5 or 6 one of my gf says, 'oh wow you are really holding your drink tonight' . Cause the lot of them were already tipsy and giggly and I was so not there lol. 
  • Options
    That was definitely more of my plan @ShePersisted although the antibiotics doesn't sound bad either! I guess I'm just going to formulate a plan it the moment and roll with it. I may end up having to tell everyone a little sooner because the shower is two weeks after that and the Bachelorette the following weekend and then the wedding the first weekend in May. Sheesh! I'm going to hold off for as long as I can though!
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge omg I'm ALSO using the "weird but cute animals" size comparison on Ovia. I LOVE it, I'm at "dot snail" right now and it cracks me up every time.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 and @ArtificialRed good call on skip hop...knowing how many crushed snack crumbs (and other disgusting things) will be in the bottom of a beautiful expensive bag...I would rather go cheaper
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    @heatherdubrow I was thinking the same! SIL registered for and got a Coach diaper bag. All I could think of was the poopy diaper baggies and spilled milk! I am strongly thinking about baby wearing and having a backpack diaper bag. Has anyone tried to wear both at the same time? I have a bad shoulder and can't imagine doing an infant seat and diaper bag.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited March 2017
    I bought an awesome Kate Spade bag when I was pregnant the first time... ended up using the bag the hospital gave us for free way more often because it was so much more practical (and wipeable, etc.).   I don't even know where the Kate Spade bag is now and it was barely used.  

ETA: if you do get a pretty bag I recommend getting one that is super functional (lots of pockets, easy to carry/wear if necessary, and easy to clean.  My Kate Spade one turned out to be none of those things... but it looked pretty! )

• Options
    @NYTino24 I had a backpack for anytime we wouldn't have a stroller. It was the Skip Hop backpack and it did have the stroller straps, but a normal bag was much easier to use on the stroller. Anyway, DH and I could both baby wear and wear the backpack, but it was much easier for DH. I'm very petite and it was a bit overwhelming. I would absolutely pick that over walking a long distance with a carrier and a shoulder bag though because I also have shoulder/neck issues. 

• Options
    +1 for a backpack. We actually had a nice fancy diaper bag and I pretty much never used it. Started using one of DH's old gym backpacks early on and never looked back. Lots of compartments and machine washable for the win! 
  • Options
    You ladies all make valid points. I'm a fashion/style addict so I could see myself being vain and using a fancy one all the time haha, but definitely will register for a cheap one for when baby needs to be handed off to someone. I almost bought the Bendel bag I love yesterday because it was $100 off! But I want it monogrammed and at 4w1d I'm not even thinking about Baby's name yet. I'll probably go to NYC at some point and check it out in person, it's an expensive commitment! DH is getting his own manly backpack style diaper bag. 

• Options
    @NYTino24 I wore both my babies and loved it! I didn't use a backpack but can see how that would be much easier!
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge If it makes you happy, then go for it! I know many moms who never once seemed bothered by only having a shoulder bag. And plenty of moms who are considerably more capable of keeping their bags clean than I am  :D Everyone works with their own style and budget, mine just happens to be more skip hop for both lol

• Options
    @ArtificialRed my budget is more Skip Hop too butttttt.... :# push present for myself?

• Options
    I will say I did splurge on a coach bag and it is a beast. I've been using it daily since Jan 2014. I do keep a wet bag in it to hold dirty diapers if I can't find a trash can and any dirty clothes or other grossness. It does get crumbs etc. in it but it's totally wipable and easy to clean.  If it wasn't, that would certainly be a deal breaker for me!  Also easily holds supplies for two kids in diapers, a change of clothes for each, and functions as my purse when we are out.  We have a different diaper bag we use for swim lessons since those are different supplies plus towels and my husband has a smaller one he uses when he just takes one kid that he can wear like a backpack so we've tried and used several brands along the cost spectrum and honestly haven't been disappointed with anything so far.  It's definitely whatever works for each person and for us for different situations. When buying I just make a list of everything I need to keep in it and then try to figure out if there is a space where everything could go. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic